Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 7:27pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Any help appreciated!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Any help appreciated!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Any help appreciated!!  (Read 208 times)
jam52571
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Any help appreciated!!
« on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I have been fighting these headaches for about 7 years, but I was correctly diagnosed or should I say self diagnosed about 2 weeks ago, I have went through every sinus diagnosis that probably exists, even sinus surgery a year ago that I was told would get rid of the headaches (NOT). My Dr. currently has me taking Duradrin, which is for tension headaches, they don't do alot. If anyone can let me know what might help I would greatly appreciate it, since the treatment I've been getting isn't helping much.
Also' should I be seeing a neuro ?

Thanks,
Jamie
IP Logged

Jamie
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

Re: Any help appreciated!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:32am »

A visit with a neuro would be the next step to ensure you are correctly diagonsed and treated.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:36am »

Sorry you have to be here, but if you do have Cluster headaches, this is the place to be, and WELCOME ABOARD!

First and foremost, go see a neuro!  Make sure they give you an MRI and CAT scan to eliminate anything else that can cause the same symptoms!  CH does not kill you, but other things can!

Before you go, read read read read ..  Both here and at the OUCH site (yellow button on left).  Learn as much as you can as, unfortunately, many doctors, including neurologists, do not know a lot about the condition.

Did I mention READ???  heehee ...

Welcome aboard
Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 6:00pm »

...don't forget to take the cluster quiz located on the left.  Feel free to share your experiences with meds, pain etc.
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 7:18pm »

well......Obviously get to the neuro for some tests and an "official" diagnosis. After that, if it turns out you DO have CHs.......get some Oxygen also a good test of CH and won't rot your stomache like the Indocin the neuro will probably prescribe first Smiley If the headache goes away you probably have the dreaded clusters that you should be reading about just about........... now. Get ALL the info you can arm yourself with because not all doctors are created equal (there is alot in the buttons to your left.)  
  Many find that Imitrex and Oxygen are the most potent weapons, however, not everything works for everybody Angry ( one of the many faces of CH) The rest friend is trial and error...............

I can offer this ......get an MRI, CT and all the appropriate scans to make sure you don't have some other problem.

If you must return to this place you are most certainly welcome the best people in the world live on this site if you have cluster headaches. Wink

Best wishes,
Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:30pm »

Jamie, do what they say, but in the meantime coffee sometimes helps, showers hot or cold (or) hot and cold, sometimes a fan or air conditioning blowing right on your face, ice will sometimes work.

I also watch the clock, because I know these things only last like an hour or less (for me anyway) this allows me to have a light at the end of the tunnel, I tell myself I can do anything for an hour.

Give us an update when you can

Welcome, But go get checked out.

LEE
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:06pm »

Hi  jam52571......yeah a neuro or knowledgeble doc on CH would be a good NEXT MOVE.....we got lucky and a new doc in our area that's an internalist has alot of knowledge and interest in CH.....plus we don't have to wait to git in to see him. Good luck to ya. Pam that recommends ya see a good doc
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #7 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 4:06am »

Hi there! Smiley

My advice: the knowledge is power. I was lucky to get a diagnosis from the very first neurologist I visisted, but after 3 months of daily ch HAs that was long enough.

I'm sad to hear that you have headaches Sad, but if you have clusters, this is the best place to be! Smiley
I hope that you'll find out soon what HA you got and you'll find the right cure. That is not that simple as it sounds, as messages on these boards will tell you.  
Personally, I'm trying treatment no 4.

Best wishes & PFdays!
sandie99 Smiley
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss