Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 7:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « oxycontin...... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   oxycontin......
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: oxycontin......  (Read 426 times)
sleepy2
New Board Newbie

i'm new...be easy on me

justsupplies03
Email

oxycontin......
« on: Oct 21st, 2003, 8:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone here tried oxycontin?  I know it is addictive and yada yada yada...does it work?  i have cronic CH....need help.
IP Logged

I really am missing the freedom of leaving my house without having to drag an oxygen tank with me
jonny

Email

Re: oxycontin......
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 8:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hillbilly herion......dont fry your brain with the shit....it brought down a multimillionare and he didnt even have CH.

...........................................jonny
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 8:10pm »

I have not tried it...addictive med (I'm taking your word for it) for a chronic sounds like a bad mix to me though.
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 8:12pm »

IMHO I would try this http://clusterbusters.com/ before I would try oxycontin.  That yada, yada, yada becomes a very big deal when dealing with a highly addictive narcotic.

I am chronic...so is jonny, and we both deal with it without resorting to those kinds of drugs.

PFDAN,
Tracey
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 8:14pm »

on Oct 21st, 2003, 8:12pm, Roxy wrote:
IMHO I would try this http://clusterbusters.com/ before I would try oxycontin.  That yada, yada, yada becomes a very big deal when dealing with a highly addictive narcotic.

I am chronic...so is jonny, and we both deal with it without resorting to those kinds of drugs.

PFDAN,
Tracey

Same here...I agree Tracey!
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
ShariRae
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

83098455 83098455    
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 8:15pm »

Stay away from it..at all costs...chronic is no picnic.. but addicted..is deadly.
Shari
IP Logged

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 8:34pm »

dont go there, man!!   Not worth it.   Then you'll be addicted, AND have CH.   CH is bad enough, isn't it?

just my  twocents

tina   Kiss
IP Logged
sleepy2
New Board Newbie

i'm new...be easy on me

justsupplies03
Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 8:36pm »

got the picture...thanks everyone
IP Logged

I really am missing the freedom of leaving my house without having to drag an oxygen tank with me
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 9:06pm »

Welcome Sleepy2 and it was so nice to meet you tonight on AIM... Oxy is very addictive though some have HAD to go to it to get some relief be sure if you take it you are definately being closely monitored.  
Dave had knee surgery took and Oxy and went golfing... had to have the same surgery over a year later.............. good luck Ree

IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Hound_Dogg

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 5:22am »

Oxycontin for Clusters...No. There are too many other treatments available.

Now, if you have 24 hour a day, severe pain, i.e. cancer, Phantom limb, or any other severe all day pain, it's a good option.

It's a double-edge sword. People in chronic pain have praised this med. They can take one dose & not have to worry about waking up in the middle of the night, screaming in agony. But, then you get the minority who found that if you crush & snort...or boot the med, you can get high. Again, the patients in Chronic Pain have to suffer in order to facilitate the Drug Addicts ??? Angry

Try the other treatments...only use narcotics as a last resort....Good luck & keep pain-free.

Jim
IP Logged
stuey

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 8:11am »

As everyone has said it is very very addictive and if you have the slightest tendency to seize it does cause seizures.  I took one and seized for two nights afterwards.  It really is awful and seems to cause more pain than help.  It did nothing for my CHs other than making me seize.
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 8:26am »

It did wonders for Rush Limbaugh and his career.

« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2003, 8:43am by vig » IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
LasVegas
New Board Veteran
USA 

Episodic CH since 11 yrs old, now 39.

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:26am »

My neighbor across the street took one more Oxycontin than he was supposed to , to relive neck surgery pain and he died 3 weeks ago from this overdose.  This drug is a very hot street drug that is referred to as "Hillbilly Heroin."  It is incredibly addictive and not worth the withdrawels IF you can get off it before accidental suicide.  STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE DRUG and try some of the abortives and preventatives mentioned on this site.  Good luck.
Gregg in Las Vegas
IP Logged

Wishing all a Pain Free 2008!
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 1:08pm »

any Dr. who would give you oxycontin for cluster headaches is a moron & you should   RUN, not walk to the next Dr.

Chronic also and would never resort to it.

LindaH
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
thomas

Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 1:21pm »

I took it once for back pain - made me like a blithering idiot.  Have not nor will I ever take it again.  Bad news brother.
IP Logged
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 1:35pm »

I Any doctor that tells you that this is good treatment is trying to passify you and is not trying to help you.

I currently have oxicodine for my back.  I have two degenerating disks that keep me in pretty much constant pain.  The oxycodine allows me to move throughout the day and function and like others said to sleep through the night, especially with a 1 year old that keeps me on my toes.  

I was on this for 6 months prior to becoming pregnant and was told that I had to be careful coming off of it as it was not good to take for the baby. I stopped cold turkey without any issues, to the surprise of my doctors.  Once my sone was born, I did go back on them.  

I am perscribed 5mg tables 5 times a day. I do not take that much though.  When my CH'es started in July, the Oxicodine does not touch them.  It would be a waste of your time to take this for a CH.  All they do for it is manke you not care so much that you are in pain, not help with the pain as a whole.  That is why I am working with doctors to get me on preventative meds and abortive meds.

Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
don

Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 4:19pm »

Quote:
That yada, yada, yada becomes a very big deal when dealing with a highly addictive narcotic.  

Couldn't have said it better myself.
IP Logged
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #17 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 8:29pm »

It doesn't stop the pain,  you just don't care IF you can get enough, but that "enough" just keeps getting to be more and more.  I agree that any Dr that would use a narcotic to treat CH unless ALL other options are tried should be run from just as fast as you can run.

Just my humble, but correct Grin . opinion.

Jerry
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #18 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:18pm »

Couldn't see how it would releive CH...but like Hound_Dogg stated there is a reason for useing it for chronic pain like bad disc's ect. I take sumthin similar (same thing actually jus different brand name)......but I set up a strict schedule for myself to follow and do NOT take it everyday nor do I take the prescribed dose at all and never have yet. Doc says when it stops workin we'll move on to other pain med options....kinda scares me but my back is NOT gonna get any better, only worse. I appriciate a day here and there PF.......and plan to keep it that way. But fer CH......I wouldn't go there like everyone says ! Pam that is keepin a COOL head  

PS: mite I add.......I 'am' a lill nervous about gettin on this 'train'....................
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:13pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #19 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 7:45pm »

No narc has ever worked on my CH - only made me goofy and the pain was still there. My doc finally got the message after doping me up one day and sending me home. A friend found me on the floor banging my head the next morning - I couldn't get back on the bed - he called my doc and let HIM come and see what it did to me. -- We haven't had any more of that.....  

Stay away from all narcs if there's any way..... They just don't usually work on CH.  I'm chronic and you can trust those of us who are on that one... we've probably tried about everything there is to try .. There's better stuff out there for CH.  

Get a different doc or educate this one... BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Oct 24th, 2003, 11:08pm »

oxycontin ....my best friend got hooked on it (and his wife did too)....they lost everything (job, house, and custody of their 2 kids) and he is now serving 2 years in IN state prison. (she just got probation). They loved the high...started runnin' it...and had to steal (and rob) for the money to buy more. He was my best friend...but the Mf'er stole from me and my family too. I'm talking about stealing trucks (my 4 X 4) and lots of tools and heavy equipment.
Dangerous drug here ppl !
IP Logged

I need a fully automatic Imitrex injector
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #21 on: Oct 24th, 2003, 11:46pm »

I heard last nite there crackin down on the mail order drug company's where alot of people get it and abuse it big time or resell it....heard there goin ta start prosecuteing buyers now. I don't know how they can have docs 'online' that read a request mailed in online for a drug then prescribe it to them....that's crazy !!! I do reserach at nite on medical info when I can and been gettin spammed up the ass with drug online mail order web sites. Pam that's not a drug mart shopper
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss