Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 9:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Wasted my time..... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Wasted my time.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wasted my time.....  (Read 276 times)
AlienSpaceBabe

Email

Wasted my time.....
« on: Oct 21st, 2003, 1:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Were ALL the people who sent in convention proposals inundated with emails Monday?

am i just being pissy?

I spent most of the day Monday, and all night at home, contacting resorts, etc about hosting the convention in southeastern Wisconsin... and this use of every spare moment was due to the emails I received. Because I was doing 'personal work' I had to use a vacation day even though I was in the office.... and then there's the phone bill that will come with all those long distance calls....

And, to be perfectly honest, there's almost NO way to get concrete answers from resort, etc owners/operators without a DATE. I really don't understand why the BoD doesn't just pick a place, pick a date, then try to find the best accommodations....  

so tell me.... why did I waste my time?

Yeah, maybe I'm just being pissy.... but there are much better ways I could have used my time:
study for my midterm that's in an hour...
go for a walk...
read this message board...
spend time with my kids...
take a really short nap...
call and talk with a friend...

Lizzie, who's really pissed off right now  Angry  
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

Re: Wasted my time.....
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 3:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Lizz,
  Breathe deeply now.........in with the good, out with the bad. It'll all turn out ok in the end. I have to agree tho a place and time DO need to be resolved, so those of us who want to attend can make plans.
  Can be real difficult to go into work and say I'll be needing some time off, although I have no idea when or for how long. Undecided

Ramon,
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 4:17pm »

Liz, just want to say thanks for the work you did put in.  Just go ahead and put in a proposal for 2005, maybe the midwesterners will get lucky.  Sounds like you are already prepared, so don't look at it as wasted time.  We do appreciate your efforts very much.  

Thanks for the work,
Tracey Grin
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 4:25pm »

Would it make sense to have it the SAME place every year....even if it had ta be in the central USA or a favorite spot or resort that worked ? Wouldn't it be less work for all involved and everyone would get kinda familiar with the place and be able to help others inquireing cuz they'd of been there. (help with directions and cost info and general info stuff) I dunno....maybe I'm bein stupid.....I was jus wonderin that's all........no biggie. I was wonderin what happen'd to the Wisconsin idea. Thank's Lizz fer all ya checked into. Stress queen Pam with a crown and t-shirt ta prove it  gocrazy

Yer all doin a wonderful job and I appriciate it all !! Glad DJ kept the modify tab on here.......sheesh.........I think I have the modify queen crown too of misplellers
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2003, 4:28pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 4:46pm »

Liz,
I agree with Tracey, You've done the work, put in your bid early for 2005. start campaigning now for your area.

We have a convention every year. We can only go to one place a year. That leaves several thousand places for us to go. WS is good - I can go there. I just can't go back to Chicago until about 2009 (bad experience at O'Hare with a CH).  Cheesy

You've got the enthusiasm built up, get a chapter together so you don't have to do all the work.  

Now aren't you cheered up?  thought so....

Hugs  BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 4:58pm »

I don't think they speek english in Nashville. But maybe we'll get to meet Jeff Foxworthy. Grin

Maybe Wisconsin would have been better!

LEE

IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 6:00pm »

Sorry Liz:

I had no idea how much you put into this until we met in July. The Nashville thing has been around a bit. I really don't know when it started.

I like conventions up here in Yankee Hell where we don't get hushpuppies with every meal.   Roll Eyes Wisconsin would be fun too. (cheese) I don't plan this kind of thing so far ahead because it's work. Shocked  

For me it's logistics and economics.  

What can we do to make it up Cuddlepumpkin?  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss