Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 9:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Any suggestions? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Any suggestions?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Any suggestions?  (Read 215 times)
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Any suggestions?
« on: Oct 21st, 2003, 5:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Gang,
 As many of you already know from previous posts, I've been having some serious health problems over the last 2 months. (Aside from chronic CH) The symptoms are getting worse day by day.
 Now, I'm losing use of my other leg too, and have to use a wheelchair 95% of the time. Still no have clues from 5 doctors and 1 Neurologist.
 But, that's not my main concern now. Annette and I are somewhat nervous about another symptom that has been occurring the last 2 days. Don't know where to search for information.
 I’ve tapered down to only 10mg's of prednisone now (from 120mg) and pain increases everyday. Doctor put me on Vioxx, 25 mg per day for pain. I'm getting more sleep (from 2 hours per day up 5 hours now). The Vioxx & Prednisone aren’t normally good cocktails, but I don’t find in researching at these dosages any side effects like the following:
(Stopped taking the Vioxx today).
 Here's the new twist: I can be wide awake and alert, when my eyelids start to close, very difficult to keep open and I don't feel tired. Twice now, I've just fallen asleep in the middle of eating, with food still in my mouth! This is scary to say the least. Looked up Narcolepsy and don’t see any similarities, wondering what or where to go to research why this is happening? Can’t see doctor for a few days, but will see someone if this continues. I’ve got an EMG scheduled Wednesday … can’t wait  Shocked  But I’d sure like to see if I can find any type of leads to what is going on in the meantime. Annette and I are getting a bit nervous about this.
Have any clues as where to search, links, even keywords for browser? Ever hear of this before? Any ideas are welcome,
Thanks,
Dave

IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

Re: Any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 10:13am »

Gosh Dave, I am lost on ur problems. I know you have done everything to try and find out why. Dave, Have you tried Detoxing, just curious!

Patrick  ???
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2003, 10:15am by Patrick_A » IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 3:44pm »

Dave,

You and Annette are GETTING a bit nervous? Captain, I'd be just a little more n nervous if suddenly I couldn't walk and were just fallin asleep for no apparent reason. I'd be freakin out somethin major.
  I have only been able to understand partially whats been goin on, but, the only thing that I can think of that might cause those kind of symptoms would be:
  A: some sort of stroke
  B: a diabetic reaction (low blood sugar)

After working in a nursing home for two years I'd thought I had seen just about all there was to see medically, but, what you are describing (of course I'm not a doctor) is typical of the above.
  In the end I'm stumped as well Undecided...........I really hope you find out what is causing this.

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 3:53pm »

The "sleeping" part does sound like low blood sugar. Being hypoglycimic, if I do not make sure that I have eaten, I have passed out with no warning at times, and depending on if I was sitting, some people throught that I fell asleep.  You need to call the doc and let him know what is happening.  

Please keep us posted.

Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Elaine

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 4:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dave I don't have any advice except to say I would be pushing the Docs to find out whats going on and I would NOT wait.
I am thinking of you and praying for you.
IP Logged
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 4:19pm »

Thanks All,
 Yep, the first mate is nervous, but the Captain (Annette) is very nervous! Since we have to travel for the EMG tomorrow, we did get an appointment with our doctor the next day.
 I assume the "Detoxing" would mean something along the lines of IV's or such? (Quit drinking 10 years ago, but I didn't think you had that in mind).
 Will look into these other suggestions as well. At least I'm learning the warning signs now. Earlier today, I felt the heavy eyelids. Wheeled my way over to the recliner, settled in, and was soon "out."  I'm not one who can just say, "I'm tired, think I'll go take a nap, or go to bed now." Then just lay down and fall asleep, Annette can do that, but I never could. If I want to sleep, I've got to put on a real boring tv show, read, or use my headphones and listen to music until I drift off. So, this is very unusual for me.
 Thanks for all your help, will keep searching until we can see the doc on Thursday,
Dave
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
oringkid

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 7:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I know this sounds weird and I can't really give you any real basis for the suggestion, but is there any way for the doc's to check your seratonin levels? and the other one that starts with an "n"  neopinphrine or something?

I know this much... seratonin and the other one do have something to do with sleep.  You were taking the melatonin for a while weren't you?  I assume you have stopped, but when?

I'm wondering if you should see an endocrinologist?  Is that the one that deals with glands and the stuff they secrete?

Have it checked... Can't hurt at this point!!  Worried and will be looking for stuff on the net for you.

Sherry
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss