Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 7:25am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Do Mushrooms (the magic kinds) really help? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Do Mushrooms (the magic kinds) really help?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Do Mushrooms (the magic kinds) really help?  (Read 500 times)
Cluster_head
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

Do Mushrooms (the magic kinds) really help?
« on: Oct 20th, 2003, 1:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm back, after being headache free for about two years.  This bout has been going for about a month now.  Last time I visted this board,  there was alot of talk about taking mushrooms to break the cycle of headaches.  I couldn't find any last time,  but I may be able to get some this time around.  I was just wondering if they truly help or is it just yesterday's quackery?  

I'm not a drug abuser,  but this cycle is as bad as I've ever had and I'm willing to try anything short of suicide for sime relief.  Headaches every hour or so,  sundown to sunrise,  with a sprinkling of daytime headaches.  Sometimes I feel like someone should cut my head off and bury it in the yard!  

Anyway,  I was just wondering.   Thanks

Tim
IP Logged

Tim

Mikey
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Rock till ya Drop and DON'T mess with the FAM!!!!!

MGuitarM
WWW Email

Re: Do Mushrooms (the magic kinds) really help?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20th, 2003, 1:28pm »

Yeah C_H, some episodics and chronics alike have reported having success with them.  Some better than others, but it might be the thing for you, who knows unless you try it for yourself.  There are loads of info about them in the archives, such as how to prepare them and the dose ect......Good luck!!

Mikey,  Grin
IP Logged

I love to ROCK very HARD!!!

CHRONIC and going crazy!! Want to come too?

Hope for PFDAN, peace and safety to you all!!
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20th, 2003, 1:28pm »

Hi Tim,
sorry to welcome you back.
Please read this whole site:

http://www.clusterbusters.com

Educate yourself.
They do work for some.
Good luck,
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20th, 2003, 1:30pm »

Tim, yes shrooms have helped end many peoples cycles and given chronics some pain free periods.  The many people that choose to use this method are very serious about its healing properties.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #4 on: Oct 20th, 2003, 2:03pm »

Yes, Tim. I am one of the people shrooms work for.
Check out the site is all I can say.

I am not a drug user either and highs scare ,me. But if you would do anything to get rid of the pain....
why not shrooms?
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 20th, 2003, 10:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dude, only one way to answer that ?............. check it out!!!!!!!!!!

Lee
IP Logged
stuey

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 3:48pm »

So these mushrooms definitely make you high like peyote or something?  I have never tried it and would have anxiety trying it thinking maybe I'd trip or something.  If it works for some I'm glad but I would have to pass.  Stuey
IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 3:53pm »

Yes they will, most use a small dose so the effect is minimal albeit noticeable sgrin

lee
IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 3:54pm »

If you do the research on this therapy, they have found that the dose needed to affect ch's is a sub-level dose.  No tripping is needed, and the larger doses (where you do trip) are thought to not work as well.  The effect you achieve is less than say.....drinking three beers.  So far I have found nothing scary about the treatment.  What scares me is the thought of going back to 7 to 10 ch's a day without the treatment.
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
stuey

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 4:09pm »

So I will have to look into the therapy.  I used to get high and had flashbacks from smoking dust unknowingly as a teen and it scared the hell out of me and that always made me afraid to ever try mushrooms.  I have never researched the topic and have much to learn about them.
IP Logged
CMNpain

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 4:15pm »

Go to clusterbuster.com. Everything you need to know is there! I have yet to try this treatment but it is in my future as the success rate is upwards of 85% as the clusterbuster research will show you.

Good luck!!! Although from what I hear luck is not needed because you will more then likely achieve success!

CMNpain
IP Logged
jminmilwaukee
New Board Old Timer

« Reply #11 on: Oct 24th, 2003, 7:15am »

Stuey,

If you are uncomfortable, nervous or scared about the treatment then please please please proceed with caution.  

If you do decide to try, make sure you mesure out a very low dose at first and have someone you trust "babysit".

All of this information can be found at clusterbusters as mentioned above.

Good luck to you. I hope you find the same level of relief the majority of us have from this.

jmin
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 24th, 2003, 5:49pm »

Here is my recent experience. I am not giving up yet because of all of the positive comments I have read, but what I just experienced is there.
PM me if you want more details...it wasn't a bad experience.

PFDAN's
Mark

IP Logged

Click The Flag
Cluster_head
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 11:43am »

Thank you all for your replies.  I must be honest, when I originally posted this question I don't think I was seriously considering this treatment. Never in my wildest imagination did I think that I would still be having headaches a month later.  I'm scared that my headaches may be going chronic. This is the longest/most severe cycle I have ever had. I'm now willing to try anything short of suicide.

I had my first trip to the emergency room almost two weeks ago (drank a beer at a family gathering and it gave me a "suicide" headache that lasted nearly 3 hours).   I feel like I may have re-kindled the cycle, because I have had HA's more severe and more frequent than I have ever experienced.    

Over the past several days,  I have refrained from all medication.  I had been taking morphine sulphate, percocet and butophanol tartrate (opiods always seemed to work in the past,  but now seem to make my headaches worse!)  Does anyone know how long it takes to detox from these kinds of meds? Now I'm on oxygen only with limited success.  It seems to make my attacks less severe, but does not completely abort them, nor does it reduce their frequency.  I get headaches during the day now, which is new to me.  

I have read the clusterbuster's site and anxiously want to give the mushroom treatment a try.  If there is anyone in the LA area that would be willing to meet with me in person about this treatment I would be forever indebted to you (I'm very concerned about the legal issues, as I have small children to provide for).  The people that I thought could help me can't be located.  

Please e-mail me @ sonicmantra@earthlink.net if you can help or have any suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

Tim
IP Logged

Tim

fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 12:03pm »

Believe it or not, it does work for some people.  Sadly, they are illegal and can be quite difficult to obtain.

Fortunately (for those who *need* to try this) there are newer methods for cultivating mushrooms that are incredibly simple.  This has several advantages over obtaining them from unknown sources.  For one thing, you can't ever be sure of the strength or type of mushroom you are obtaining and this leads to anxiety which can lead to a bad trip even if the mushrooms are good.

In the past, growing them required lots of fancy equipment and an extremely strerile environment.  Pressure cookers (for sterilization) are commonly used.  The entire process was daunting, and results were spotty, even for experienced growers.

Now, they make these things called Mycobag.  This is basically a completely ready sterile bag of growing media (grain, for example) that is sealed.  The spores are introduced to the media through a self-sealing rubber injection point.  All you need is the bag and a syringe with spores.  Once you inject the spores into the bag, the process begins and weeks later you have a nice crop of the exact type of mushroom that you wanted.  The bags and spores are available on the net, legitimately.  The only place where you can't order spores is California.  I live in California.  Oh well.

Anyway, I just wanted to make people aware that growing them on your own is an option and is actually pretty easy, safe, and inexpensive.  The results are amazing.

-Fubar
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Cluster_head
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 5:15pm »

This treatment is like my own personal Kilamanjaro:  That which is unobtainable  Sad.    

Looked up the Mycobag and it looks like they won't even ship to the US at all.   Guess I should make some friends in Canada Wink
Even if I was able to get one of those bag thingies,  6 weeks seems like an awful long time.  Its tough to be patient when you haven't slept well in a few months.  Did I say months?  God these headaches suck!

Wish I would have put the order in last New Years when an aquaintence made the offer.  Thought about it briefly at the time,  but passed on it.  Don't think I'll be making the same mistake again.

I see my neurologist again on Friday.  Just have to wait and see what he has in store for me next.
IP Logged

Tim

fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 6:28pm »

Mycobag.com ships anywhere in the us.  Go to www.mycobag.com

I agree the time waiting can be long, but you can grow them and save them for a cycle.

-Fubar
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 6:40pm »

on Nov 19th, 2003, 5:15pm, Cluster_head wrote:
...Guess I should make some friends in Canada Wink

Head up the coast to Vancouver Island.   They are in season and damn-near free    Grin

If you go to the Queen Charlotte Islands, they grow wild on the front lawn of McDonalds and the police station    Shocked  (or at least they used to)

don't ask how i know this,
grant    Wink
IP Logged
mikeyd
New Board Veteran
Canada 

8616152 8616152   mikeyd32  
Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 20th, 2003, 10:42am »

I live on Vancouver Island and they are in season and there are lots around, but you need to be careful coz, well, they can kill yah if you eat the wrong kind. I haven't tried them for my CH's, but I supposee I could. Yes, I obtained spores and tried growing my own, but like they said before...too complex and I got mold on mine....grrrrrr Angry
I suppose I should attempt to procure some and try them Shocked  
 CoolI'm not skeered, I could use some colorized diagrams anyhow gocrazy
Who knows I might even like them....heh heh...maybe even too much since I am hallucinating from the pain when they happen anyways, followed shortly by a big fat doobie to put me to sleep smokin
Yup, life is good on the Vancouver Island ROCK! sayyes
IP Logged

Waging war with the beast is tiresome & painful but never boring ;-D
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 20th, 2003, 7:37pm »

I can't answer this question yet, but will be able to soon. I decided some months ago that I wasn't going through this 4 1/2-5 1/2 months of constant CH that usually starts in early March.  Too many people have been helped by this therapy for me to ignor.  I hope to join their ranks in a successful treatment that will stop or greatly diminish my pending cycle.

For now, I would suggest you read as much as possible.  Couple hundred dollars in supplies and lots of reading and you're started.  If you want more information PM me and I'll contact you.  Good luck
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss