Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 11:39pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Check this out »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Check this out
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Check this out  (Read 179 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Check this out
« on: Oct 17th, 2003, 3:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Posted by drummer on May 07, 1999 at 08:05:26:

Hop in your car! Jump in a plane! Get in a boat! Catch a train! How totally incredible, awesome and wonderful it would be to look into all of your eyes and see understanding and compassion. (Much better than the eyes I see now). I would really like to meet you guys! (YA HOO!)

It seems like we are scattered all over the world. With the help of my 6-year-old daughter and the globe of the world that she has in her bedroom; I believe I have located the perfect spot to hold a convention of “cluster headache guys”. I asked my daughter to show me the middle of the world. She spinned her round globe and pointed to the Galapagos Islands. According to my daughter’s globe; the islands are purple. (I like purple). Since the islands are in the middle of the world, I figure no one should have a hard time getting there. (YA HOO!)

Since this will be a convention; there are some convention pre-requisites that must be followed. First, everyone will be required to wear a “Hello My Name Is……” nametag. My nametag will say: Hello My Name Is “drummer”. I have decided to place a picture of the Demon in the upper left-hand corner of my nametag. (He will be sporting a “shit eating grin&#8221Wink. In the upper right hand corner of my nametag; I will have a picture of my doctor. He will have a confused look on his face. He will also be shrugging his shoulders. (YA HOO!)

I realize that some of us are more comfortable remaining in anonymity. For those people; their nametags can read; Hello My Name Is “Anony”, “Anon” or “Anonymous”. That way the rest of us will still not know who you are! (YA HOO!)

I would also like us to wear T-shirts that I have designed. (They will not be white: white bothers my eyes). I’ve made the T-shirts purple. (That way we will match the color of the Galapagos Islands)! Printed on the front of the T-shirts will be the slogan: “CLUSTERHEADACHES.COM”. Printed on the back of the T-shirts will be the slogan: “I’LL BE RIGHT BACK, I HAVE A HEADACHE”. (YA HOO!)

I shall reserve a Convention Hall that has a dimmer switch hooked up to the lights in the room. (This will be helpful for anyone who may have a cluster attack). I shall make sure that the Convention Hall that I reserve is not also hosting a “Gun Show” on the same weekend. (YA HOO!)

I called the Galapagos Islands today to set up our convention. I explained to the guy at the other end of the phone our situation. He told me that the Galapagos Islands were a Wildlife sanctuary for animals that are somewhat different from other animals in the world. (Perfect)! I told him this would be perfect for us for several reasons. First: the Galapagos Islands are smack dab in the middle of the world. Second: I often feel that my life is often wild. (What with the torturous pain that hits out of nowhere for no reason). Third: we all are desperately seeking a sanctuary. And finally: we too are somewhat different from most other people because we suffer cluster headaches. (YA HOO!)

He asked me if I was an Idiot. Before I could respond that it was “highly possible”; the phone lines went dead. I will try calling later when the phone lines are alive and well. (YA HOO!)

This was posted a few months BEFORE the "fearless" five met in Drummer's Garage to outline the plans for OUCH. A little over a year later we had a REAL convention in Vegas with (sorry Drummer) "white" shirts (although "Oganization" was mispelled on them) and 35 clusterheads from 5 countries in attendance.  

Thought ya'll would enjoy this - I'd forgotten it.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

Re: Check this out
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 4:06pm »

WOW!!    that's cool!

where is this "drummer" now??   has he got a different name here or what??

Very cool post Barbara!!

tina   Kiss
IP Logged
Elaine

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 4:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Woobie Drummer was a idiot and the first one to tell you he was.  Wink
We voted him in as VP and he thought VP stood for Vacate Premises! The idiot ! We have not seen him since! Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 5:04pm »

I missed this one in my searches. So much to see.

Everyone make sure to read this. You'll love it.  

Thanks Barb...... Cool

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
jonny

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 5:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

That idiot still owes me a blank tape and $5...not to mention postage....BASTARD IDIOT ;D

..............................jonny
IP Logged
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #5 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 5:21pm »

Ahhh from the archives come some good posts.  Thanks Barb
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss