Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 9:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Update .......... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Update ..........
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Update ..........  (Read 511 times)
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

Update ..........
« on: Oct 17th, 2003, 2:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all some of you might remember that Wes suffered a heart attack back in February thought I'd give you a quick update.......we finally got to see the Cardiologist in August...would have been December because our National Health Service is not all it's cracked up to be....anyhow to cut a long story as short as possible Wes had an Angiagram on Tuesday and the results were not brilliant, his Main Right Coronary Artery is almost completely blocked so on the 30th of this month he has Angioplasty and a stent fitted...if this fails on the day he will have a by-pass the same day.......between now and the 30th he is to do nothing.....(I don't think he'll find that difficult)  Grin

As for the CH well it's been a really wierd year for him, maybe the medication he's on for the heart are having some kind of effect...when due in April he got a few random hits and then shadows nothing more....usually comes into cycle again in October and for the first few days of October he got hit and then nothing but shadows, which he is still getting....but all in all life is good.

Take care all and PF vibes to you all

Cathy

IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

Re: Update ..........
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 3:05pm »

Cathy,
   Sounds like you have your hands full. I hope and pray that all goes well with Wes.  

Opus/Paul
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 3:27pm »

Our prayers are with you both, Cathy.
Hugs,
Margi
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 3:37pm »

Cathy,
So glad you all were able to get in now.  They'll have him all fixed up soon.....all will be well.

Hugs
Jacks Cool
IP Logged
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 3:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Cathy,
Keep strong. I just have a question. What meds is he taking for his heart?  
I've had a crackpot theory for a few years now. Well, I had nothing to do but sit and think and get tortured at various points of the day.
My theory is this:
What if the HEAD is merely displaying and suffering a severe symptom of pain from a problem stemming from outside of the head. Hm, where does the blood flow from? The heart. Well, Verapamil is a strong barrier wall for most CH'ers, and it is also a blood pressure med. I know we have had people on here with heart problems. We have also had people on here suffer from stroke due to a blockage elsewhere like the neck, or an aeortal blockage.
Mind you, I am no medical expert, though I do know shockingly more in the field of various headaches than alot of Neuros do. Some of the people here could wipe thier butt with alot of these useless witch-doctor's certificates.  
I'm getting ready to go through the ringer here soon as they schedule the tests to see what this growing lump on my head is. While I am at it, I am gonna request that they give me one of those new "heart scans." I read about the procedure, which is fairly new, and I wondered, "If all of us could get a heart scan done, what might we find."

Who knows? We might find out something new.

Peace,
Carl D
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 5:20pm »

Cathy and Wes we are praying for you that you have a speedy recovery and that all goes well for you.  May the demon stay away!
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 5:34pm »

Sorry about all this but it sounds like you have some good, sound, medics up there.  

Let us know how things work out when you can.

We're thinking about you.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
jonny

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 5:36pm »

Buy him another Jag and he will be fine ;D

.................................jonny
IP Logged
oringkid

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 5:59pm »

Cathy, my most positive thoughts and wishes are with you and Wes.

As for the CH... someone... was it Svenn?... not sure who, but someone here had a heart attack and hasn't (as far as I know) had, either any more CH attacks or like Wes, very few....

Wonder what that means?

Anyway, may good fortune, good health and great happiness shine upon you both.

Sherry
IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #9 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 6:10pm »

Hi Cathy,

Sorry to hear that the tests weren't so great for Wes, but I'm glad they caught it now and he didn't have to wait until December.
Sending him my best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Virginia
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
CathiP

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 6:21pm »

Miss Fluffyknickers.....
You know what this means.....no inappropriate behavior, you're totally in charge of the kids/bills/trash/garden......everything, and you must treat Wes like a KING......THEN, and only then, will he be ready for the angio......of course, he will need time to recuperate....at which point...please read above.....
If you do all this well, you may tell him YOU are taking time-thren, you can come stateside-where you may visit me, as your reward ;D.....where I will require you to...oh, read above......
Cathy, we're here to keep your spirits up, and send you all the help you need to get through this wait. Wes is gonna do just fine- and HE can come across the pond this time, too.

Sherry- you are sooo right about Svenn, unfortunately, the 2 yr remission that Svenn has had has come to an end....he's just recently posted that the beast has once again reared his ugly head....

Now, smile, Miss Fluff, and know this shall pass- give Wes a big ole hug & kiss, and be well...

Miss DG
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 6:22pm »

Hey Cathy girl,

Please give Wes the very best well wishes from the Hurley's.  From what I know of Wes's condition, things can even out - but life changes are urgent necessity - and I'm particularly thinkin bout that quitting smoking thing.  No more smoking, lots of walking and good healthy eating!!!! .........Cath ya gotta git in the kitchen and quit the fast food ;D

As far as the clusters taking a haitas (break? sp?)...The times when I was faced with clear and present danger of another color, for some reason i did not get headaches ???  Weird......Anyhow my lovey pooky silly frizzy-haired MOST-revered Britt, keep shiny side up and know your thought of with utmost affection and well wishes..... Smiley

Hey****Fall is here - it's gawjus - get here when ya can Smiley
IP Logged
CathiP

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 6:29pm »

Kimmie-
Funny ya should mention the fall weather out there....I tend to forget year to year, how stunningly beee-yooo-tee-ful it is in the PNW in the fall....today, it was 75....pine-scented breezes blowing leaves of orange and gold all around, not a cloud in the sky.....makes me smile!  
Fluff-  you've gotta see the OTHER coast.....

Cathi who seems to be in a spitting match to see who gets the Fluffball...... Tongue  
IP Logged
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 4:21am »

Carl you asked what meds wes was taking for his heart, so here's a list....

Lopresor 50mg (Metoprolol) 1 twice a day
Zocor 40mg (Simvastatin) 1 at night
Tritace 5mg (Ramipril)1 a day
Asprin 1 a day

O2 for the CH as required.

Thanks for all the well wishes and support....when I come back to the US next year it will be long enough so that I can visit all sides but for sure i'll be taking us all to Nancy's so we can swing off the rope again...anyone willing to post those pics for me cos I still haven't worked out how to do that..?? Opus where are you...we need you to post the swinging pics...lol

Cathy  Smiley

IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #14 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 7:28am »

Cathy, you and Wes are in my prayers daily.  Take good care of him and he'll be swinging off that rope swing in no time !!!!!  Of course, we'll have to wait till it gets a little warmer now !  LOL.
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 7:53am »

Cathy

Hoping and pryaing all goes well.  Keep us posted and don't forget there are a lot of people here that care.

grant

P.S.  jonny's idea couldn't hurt either.  Cheesy
IP Logged
Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Quod me nutrit me destruit.

3978676 3978676   frotteur   hirvimaki
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 7:56am »

Hang in there! My thoughts and prayers go out to you both. Keep us updated.

Oh, and I want a ride in the new Jag.

Hirvimaki
IP Logged

"What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others."

Miss_Deleny
New Board Veteran
USA 

To live life is to know love

Email

« Reply #17 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 7:59am »

My prayers and wishes for a quick recovery is being sent your way.

~April~
IP Logged

You never know when love will knock on your door, when it does, embrace it and hold on to it forever!
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

Here you go
« Reply #18 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 8:10am »

Cathy, I hope this is what you want.

Opus/Paul
IP Logged

cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Email

« Reply #19 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 9:03am »

;D...ROFLMAO...you havn't lived if you havn't swung from that rope...lmao...thankyou Paul but i'd like to see the pics of Kim up there too!!!

Cathy
IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #20 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 9:15am »

Yea, where's the pic of Kimmy in her sunshine tankini with the adrenelin pumping so hard it looks like she is ready to blast off !!!!!  LOL
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

Ya mean
« Reply #21 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 10:12am »

How is this?

Opus/Paul
IP Logged

Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

Grabbing an oar
« Reply #22 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 10:41am »

Cathy, Kim, Cindra, and Nancy rowing toward a cure.

Sorry about the quality, I didn't have time to fix them well.
Also I couldn't find one of Cathi and I.

Opus/Paul
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #23 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 12:55pm »

Cathy, you know from what I have already told you that my prayers and good vibes are heading your way ...  And make sure he takes care of himself and follows the doctor's instructions ... I haven't been, and now I need another stent in a different place.

To quote Sherry:
Quote:
As for the CH... someone... was it Svenn?... not sure who, but someone here had a heart attack and hasn't (as far as I know) had, either any more CH attacks or like Wes, very few....

Unfortunately I did not have the same pleasure ... i got hit while in the recovery room ... Has not slowed down my hits at all.

Hang in there, girl.  We are all pulling for you and Wes ..
Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #24 on: Oct 19th, 2003, 1:20pm »

Fenny, jes remember............when the going gets tough, RIGHT!.........no - i meanleft!  watch out for shrubbs and rocks.  And always now we are hearts full-up no matta where we at.

Grinnin at the memories and thinkin of you and Wes and the kids*****Be well lovies****

*****was great that river......no?  Nan.......YOU ROCK poopsie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***************
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss