Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 11:39pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « similar experience?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   similar experience??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: similar experience??  (Read 256 times)
momspy
New Board Newbie

Email

similar experience??
« on: Oct 14th, 2003, 5:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

mom of a headache sufferer, college student, with a new twist to his headaches. talked to his doctor (also a sufferer), who suggested some of you folk may be able to give insight.

headaches are both cronic and episodic for about 7 years, with bad times being 3-4 a day, sometimes several weeks. don't think he knows what a day without a headache is.  

last week he was typing study notes when one hit hard, and he zoned out, but when the pain eased he found he had kept typing, not his notes, or nonsence, either of which he could have understood, but he'd been typing about santa and his elves. couldn't remember typing it. anyway, spooked him a bit.

anyone else have this kind of episode?  

spooked him a bit
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

Re: similar experience??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14th, 2003, 6:11pm »

Momspy,

That, I have to admit, is a bit spooky, however, not totally unheard of. Sometimes ones concentration can be so intense that a sudden break in the same sparks the subconscious to take over in the interim.

On a similar note: ancient nordic legend tells of warriors being fatally wounded during battle and continuing to fight unaware of their injuries until the last opponent falls, and only then dies. Hence the somewhat famous term "berserker rage".

So I wouldn't put too much thought into it, unless ,of course, he IS mortally wounded. Smiley

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 14th, 2003, 6:21pm »

Welcome aboard Mom.

It sounds to me that this may be clusters with something else involved.  It may be some kind of seizure too. Some neurological testing is needed. It's not painful, just boring.  I have epilepsy as well and sometimes I've done some odd things.  

In any case, we know exactly what cluster headaches are. They are awful. If this is CH, stick around. There are some good ideas and ways to deal with this horror. You'll find some helpful posts here.

Here are two helpful links...One being our best description of this disease to help others understand that this has nothing to do with what anyone thinks of as “headache,” and the second, is a technique that I found very helpful:

http://www.ouch-uk.org/ch/note_colleagues.cfm

http://www.netsync.net/users/charlies/

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14th, 2003, 10:01pm »

on Oct 14th, 2003, 5:59pm, momspy wrote:
last week he was typing study notes when one hit hard, and he zoned out, but when the pain eased he found he had kept typing, not his notes, or nonsence, either of which he could have understood, but he'd been typing about santa and his elves. couldn't remember typing it. anyway, spooked him a bit.

anyone else have this kind of episode?  

Medications perhaps?  I could see me doing something like this when I was taking topamax.  Just a thought.
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15th, 2003, 2:27pm »

Maybe he just blacked out.  I've been known to have a few blackouts when things get really bad.  You just sorta loose time, but realize you had been doing something during that time, even if you don't remember what it was.  Very weird and fairly annoying, but I don't believe it's something to be too concerned of.  Probably should talk to a neuro about it though.

PFDAN....................................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15th, 2003, 4:40pm »

momspy....sorry your son is having to deal with pain on a daily basis...but welcome to the board......get your son seen by a neurologist as the mother of an epileptic I agree with Charlie...get some tests done...odd things happen otherwise they wouldn't be odd....

Cathy
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

Surf

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 15th, 2003, 5:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Momspy, I call em skips, you know like a vinyl record does, doesn't quit track right all the time, ya I get em (skips) but instead of physical actions such as typing and not knowing that I was typing or walking or something it is usually a thought that got away. After and during my cycle my skips get worse, not sure why, maybe it's a;; the stress the brain is under. If this continues with, It may be a good Idea to get it checked...Take care now...Surf
IP Logged
Surf

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 15th, 2003, 5:41pm »

Oh ya forgot "it must have been the celexa"...My trusted GP says it's very safe so that couldn't be it...Surf
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 15th, 2003, 10:32pm »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
rumplestiltskin

Email

if a million monkeys typed for eternity
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16th, 2003, 12:54am »

Okee dokee

Doc is a CLUSTERHEADACHE sufferer...who knows us? ...would love to know hi/her name. It's so rare and important to find Docs with CH ...me thinks.

"hit hard...kept typing"...now I happen to be one who likes to draw very very wide parameters of possibililities concerning CH characteristics. I normally just let most hokey slide. Butt I uh simply find a glaring contradiction here. He types all the way thru a "hard hitting"  CLUSTERHEADACHE attack? ...uh ....and would find that "understandable"?

...well I just checked with Georgia to be certain I was not being too harsh...says I "now I'm not talkin about a bit of typing at either end of an attack darling...butt...can you imagine anyone typing all the way thru a hard hitting CLUSTERHEADACHE attack?" ...and to my surprise she assures me that she could do it. She doubled up both of her fists and pretended to bash and rage at an imaginary keyboard.

I stand corrected.

And the Santa and elves part surely made me and Georgia smile. So thanks fer the story.

Good Grief
den

« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2003, 12:56am by rumplestiltskin » IP Logged
Big Dan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

SMASH BRAIN!

Danboyceccg   DanielNBoyce
Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 16th, 2003, 1:09am »

I'm no doctor... but I play one on TV...

I would think that CH attacks cause an adrenaline (sp) rush, and would produce results like that in the mind...

-Big Dan
IP Logged

Not going anywhere for a while?...

... Grab a Snickers, Fatass.
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 16th, 2003, 3:58am »

Seems a bit far out for a CH, but i ain't gonna dispute it. I once saw a boxing match where a guy got knocked out cold, but while laying on his back, his arms were still moving as if he were throwing jabs.

Patrick
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss