Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 30th, 2024, 1:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « anti-phosphid lipid syndrome(Hughes syndrome) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   anti-phosphid lipid syndrome(Hughes syndrome)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: anti-phosphid lipid syndrome(Hughes syndrome)  (Read 1622 times)
Reese
New Board Junior

Who's the beeoch now?

Email

anti-phosphid lipid syndrome(Hughes syndrome)
« on: Oct 12th, 2003, 7:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I will be going to neuro tomorrow to have a blood test taken for this possible blood disorder.It is also called sticky blood and has been linked to headaches.My mother has it but does not get cluster headaches,she just has ms symptoms and is on blood thinners.I guess this is some new disease which not too much is known about it.I doubt it has to do with my cluster headaches if I have it but just want to know since its hereditary and the males in my family die early (34and 49) from heart attacks and stroke.
IP Logged

"Mommy,that man is scaring me":quoted by young eye-witness of a Kip 10
floridian

Email

Re: anti-phosphid lipid syndrome(Hughes syndrome)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12th, 2003, 11:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Keep us posted, Reese - I hope your test comes back negative.  Clusterheads do have some phospholipd / cell membrane problems, but it doesn't seem to be a phospholipd antibody problem.  

Quote:
Cephalalgia. 1991 May;11(2):101-2.  

Anticardiolipin antibodies in cluster headache.  Hering R, Couturier EG, Asherson RA, Steiner TJ.   Princess Margaret Migraine Clinic, Charing Cross Hospital, London.

Antiphospholipid antibodies have occasionally been observed in migraine patients, but a recent study of a large series suggested the association was with other concurrent conditions, not specifically with migraine. We wondered about an association with other vascular headaches and measured anticardiolipin antibody levels in 20 cluster headache patients during the cluster period (three during an acute attack). Platelet counts were normal and VDRL negative in all patients. No elevated anticardiolipin antibody levels were found. There appears to be no important association between the presence of anticardiolipin antibodies and cluster headache, and we argue that there is no further rationale for seeking one.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2003, 11:07am by floridian » IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12th, 2003, 1:15pm »

MY  friends husband has a blood disorder like that called Polycythemia... He also gets clusters... Never had clusters in his life til he got this disorder... Does your face look red all the time... its a symptom of that disorder.  Don't be frightened when they send you to an Oncology doc.  I have Dysfibrogenemia   (clotting disorder) and when they sent me to the Oncologist I thought my days were numbered... keep us posted... If this helps my friends hubby takes Verapamil now and it seems to keep the attacks down... good luck  Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Reese
New Board Junior

Who's the beeoch now?

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12th, 2003, 3:10pm »

thanks and I will let you know so check back tomorrow eve.
IP Logged

"Mommy,that man is scaring me":quoted by young eye-witness of a Kip 10
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss