Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 8th, 2024, 11:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Clusters »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Clusters
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Clusters  (Read 298 times)
Angelus

Email

Clusters
« on: Oct 8th, 2003, 7:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

???
Can someone have clusters and migranes as well?
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: Clusters
« Reply #1 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 7:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yep, a lot of us do.  I have arthritic migraines - just came up with those in the last year or so. Fun fun fun.... Treatment is different for them as vs. CH.  

Neuro put me on celebrex for arth. migraines to keep them at bay (which I take when they start flaring up and not all the time) - it's good for the old "can't get the bones going when I try to get up in the morning sometimes" too.  

The symptoms sometimes start out the same, but are really different. I usually wait until I hit about a 5 to see which meds to take. The migraine hits BOTH sides and my neck and is JUST DIFFERENT. CH you KNOW about. No comparision. The migraine I can handle - the CH is .... well..... right now I'm going through them and I WANT TO KILL SOMETHING!!!!!!!  

But YES, you can have both.... In fact I've got a third one just for good measure... Post traumatic concusion headaches  - they're a lot of fun too.  

But it's ALL in my HEAD!!!!!

Hugs  BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 7:14am »

Oohhhh Yes!!!   You will be hearing from some who do before this morning is over, I'm sure.

What makes you think that you have both?  Have you been diagnosed by a Neurologist?  There's a great cluster survey in the left margin that will help and a whole lot of reading to do that will teach you things you never dreamed of.  Check out this site and also the OUCH site.

We'd love to help you, but need a little more info.  

What meds have you tried?

Glad you found this site.......it's full of wonderful info and wonderful people who will do all they can to help you, as well as lend support.
IP Logged
Angelus

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 7:19am »

Well i have had migranes all my life but i don't really know what type it is but these clusters have started just the last year i get pretty bad daily headaches as well and with the onset of cluster headaches i seem to have noticed my migranes have gotten pretty bad and often too. how do u know what type of migrane ya have?
mine i get a flashing thingy like pressing on a calculater then it moves for a while back and forth and then stops at one side pulsating till i am blinded and i also get these weird flashbacks like i can hear every conversation i ever had all going at the same time and relive certain events. may sound odd but thats what happens.
IP Logged
Angelus

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 7:29am »

Well i haven't really told my neuroligist about these headaches but i watched a program about headaches and they mentioned cluster headaches and from what the guy said it sounds about right. I have tried alot of different stuff for migranes but nothing seems to work. The Only thing that seems to do anything is Amerge but to expencive to buy;and with the amount of migranes i get i would be poor fast. lol
but right now i have been taking Endocet for these daily headaches but i only take them once it gets really bad to the  point of screaming. I also have seizures and am on a bunch of meds for that too. Not fun at all. Sometimes it feels like i will never get relief.
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 7:45am »

What do the headaches you think are Clusters feel like?  What symptoms go along with them?

I've had migraines since I was a teen and I've had Clusters for about 5-6 yrs.  I used to get migraines ALOT but now it seems to be down to about once a month.

You should really talk to your doc when ever your headache's change cause he/she should be the one to diagnose you and make sure nothing more serious is going on.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Angelus

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 7:56am »

Well it seems to be on the right side from the jaw up to the temple and in the eye. the pupil seems to go funny i have noticed it looks bigger or smaller and doesn't move just stays that size when the other is normal but i guess u could say the pain feels like someone just stabed me in the eye and temple with an icepick and and just keeps moving it around. Hurts pretty severe even more so then a migrane ever could Well i don't see my neuroligist till january cuz they r still doing a bunch of tests.
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 9:17am »

Well it sounds like cluster headaches BUT like I said you should really let your doc lknow whats going on....Just call him maybe he will see you sooner because of the change in your headaches?
IP Logged

Angelus

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 9:25am »

I hope so. I will try and see if he will.
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 11:31am »

Yes, I get migraines and clusters both.  Good luck on your upcomming dr. apt.  I hope you find relief soon.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Angelus

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 11:32am »

I hope so too. I just wish i could find something that will work that doesn't cost an arm and a leg
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 6:26am »

Let us know what your doc says ANgelus!  Goodluck!
IP Logged

Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 6:50am »

Yes and worse,
  Some of us lucky ones get a thing called Cluster/ Migraine syndrome, a mixture of the two ha's which can lead to horrible things as a double sided CH and a CH that can last 8 hours.

http://www.clusterheadache.org/library/general/ch_general.htm

My clusters and migraines have separated and now I can suffer from both separately, the treatments for either can trigger the other, such as lying down flat to treat a migraine can trigger a CH, and black coffee and smoking which I use to help CH meds can trigger a migraine.
Unfortunately most neurologists have never heard of Cluster/migraine syndrome, mine said I didn't have classic clusters or classic migraines so he would use treatments that helped both. I guess That was good call.
If you get migraines try eliminating food triggers like nitrates / nitrites from your diet, I have stopped most of my migraines by doing this, didn't stop the CH but it is better to suffer from just one.

Opus/Paul
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #13 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 7:03am »

Unfourtainly yes! Sad

I was diagnosed with ch, but my neurologist pointed out that I have also normal migraine attacks. Luckily for me (?) these days ch has taken over and I rarely have migraines, but hey, touch wood!
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

jonny

Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 5:10pm »

on Oct 8th, 2003, 7:10am, BarbaraD wrote:
 I WANT TO KILL SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Well Mom,

I guess I now know where I get the temper from....LMAO ;D

Kill something for me Mom!!!!

......................................jonny
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 8:54pm »

on Oct 9th, 2003, 5:10pm, jonny wrote:

Well Mom,

I guess I now know where I get the temper from....LMAO ;D

Kill something for me Mom!!!!

......................................jonny

Well seeing as though it's hunting season most everywhere how bout a nice deer? Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2003, 8:55pm by Tara Ann » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss