Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 7th, 2024, 10:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Urticaria and Ch »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Urticaria and Ch
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Urticaria and Ch  (Read 310 times)
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

Urticaria and Ch
« on: Oct 8th, 2003, 5:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Gday All,

For the duration of this cycle, and the second halve of the last cycle, which only finished 6weeks ago, I have experienced Urticaria (hives).  

It seems I just break out with an itch, that once scratched leaves me with red welts that last a few minutes to a few hours. Im actually able to draw images (the usual love heart tattoo) etc and have it well up a few minutes later.

Now since I have been on different meds for both these cycles, it cant be that ( so I think - however I will pre-empt the med questions and list anyway)

Last Cycle- Imigran nasal spray used regularly
    Sandomigran used as a prevent

This Cycle- Imigran Nasal spray used sparingly
   O2- what a champion this is
   Veramapil as a prevent  

So, I was wondering,

1. Has anyone else experienced this?
2. Could it be side effects from the meds?
3. Could it be brought about by the physical stress of CH cycles?

Thanks Turts

( I wish there were a scratching smiley face)
 Angry

IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: Urticaria and Ch
« Reply #1 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 7:07am »

Hi Turt(Bret)... My turtle loving friend from down under...
I am sure that the hives if only during cycle, are probably due to the meds that you are taking...If they keep up though you may need to be checked by a physician.  If you are having an allergic reaction to the medication and your reaction becomes severe your throat can close up... Do you ever experience any type of shortness of breath (other than the extreme pain you are in when an attack occurs?) Have you tried to take benadryl for the hives... You might want to give it a shot.  Some say it can also cut down the duration of CH as it effects REM sleep... Good Luck... Love to you Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 4:00am »

Thanks Ree,  

I have since researched and found it could be a side effect. I have not had any tightness. shortness of breath, but will take note in case it does develop.

Im taking claryntyne ( an antihistamine ) to stop the itching.

Thanks Ree.

( whos name will appear in the next love heart drawn on my arm)

Grin
IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #3 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 4:18am »

If I can slip between for a second...

A good treatment for hives, my grans doctor said, is bakers' yeast - or yeast tablets.  

They didn't have the tablets in those days. He had my abstaining gran drink a bottle of stout a day! She  disliked it but she did it. She said it helped.
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 4:27am »

I love a pint or three of the stuff (ahhhh Guiness, a steak and chips in every glass)

Sounds  like a good remedy, however fearful of inducing an attack.

But hey, Im a big boy, ill give it a go.  

( I also Like to gamble, as well as drink)

Ill let you know the outcome either way.

(I guess its a matter of whether the hives is annoying enough to suffer another attack.)

But in the name of science.

Bottoms up.

Turts
IP Logged

Darleen
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Peek-a-boo

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 8:07am »

Hey Turts,

I don;t have CH but I am going through a period of having hives and I know the hives are a pain in the ass.  When the itching gets really bad, the best thing I wound to work except the meds of course was I soaked myself in cold water.  It would at least make the itching stop and it would normally last for a while.

Hope this helps for the hives and also that you're pain free soon.

D Smiley
IP Logged
maggie_may
New Board Veteran
USA 

maggie_may_12   ladydeth12
Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 8:41am »

on Oct 9th, 2003, 4:18am, ave wrote:
A good treatment for hives, my grans doctor said, is bakers' yeast - or yeast tablets.  

They didn't have the tablets in those days. He had my abstaining gran drink a bottle of stout a day! She  disliked it but she did it. She said it helped.

Unless you're allergic to that as well - like I am, severely  Shocked  no beer for me....  

I get hives and use benadryl cream.  I find that it works wonders and gives me quicker relief than the pill form.  And like Ree said, it might be a reaction to your meds.  Just keep a lookout on the breathing and any tightness you might feel.

maggie
IP Logged

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Gandhi

The human spirit is stronger than anything that happens to it. - C.C. Scott
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss