Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 10:12am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Neurontin »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Neurontin
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Neurontin  (Read 210 times)
aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

Neurontin
« on: Oct 6th, 2003, 11:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just saw my doctor this morning and he perscribed Neurontin as a preventative, has anyone tried this, was it effective?
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

Re: Neurontin
« Reply #1 on: Oct 6th, 2003, 12:07pm »

I know alot of people on neurontin fer various reasons and they've had no trouble with it with sum success   also. I am a supporter but was prescribed it for back problems....it did seem to work at first and stopped my tension ha's from severe muscle spams. But it got to where it was messin me up so bad I had ta quit......was takein 3 a day and started to have bad reactions.....so we tried I jus take ONE when I felt the tension build up verses daily and my reactions got worse ! I can't even walk......cant' stand up......and can barely talk while on it. It gave me a strange but manageable 'high' feelin' when I frist got on it too and figure'd I'd get used to it. Most people don't have the bad side effects so hopefully it will work great for you !!! It really did seem to help me while on it......but then.....don't fergit.... I am the side effects QUEEN ! Pam that couldn't shake rattle or roll on neurontin
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 6th, 2003, 1:07pm »

I also take Neurontin (900 mg daily) but not for CH.  
I take it for a back/sciatic nerve problem.  
Been taking it for over a month now and so far I can't tell that it does anything for me one way or another.
I will say that I haven't had a CH since taking it BUT I'm not in a cycle either.
Good Luck,

Jim
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
Elaine

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 6th, 2003, 5:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I took the drug but I never felt it did anything for me. Rees husband Dave is ending his cycle and it worked for him.
I will warn you now. When you start takeing it and you ever want to stop taking it. Besure to taper off DO NOT just stop taking it! I just stopped taking it instead of tappering off and I went into a bad depression. Real bad one.

I hope you have great luck with it!
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 6th, 2003, 5:45pm »

Hi MY husband Dave was given Neurontin during his last cycle and has had incredible luck with it during that cycle and this past one... He worked his way up to about 1800 mgs of Neurontin a day by taking 3 300 mg tabs per day at first up to 600mgs (2 caps)  3x's once his cycle was in full swing this time... He believes that the Neurontin kept his ch at bay during a random cycle last winter and though his Ch started up full swing in July... His hits were more tollerable than in cycles past before the Neurontin...He also used O2 and that helped to abort lower scaled CH attacks... feel free to AIM ME OR email.  Ree
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2003, 10:30pm by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
UnsolvedEquation

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 6th, 2003, 9:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Not effective for me. In fact, made my clusters more frequent ~ more painful. Hope you have better luck !
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss