Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 2:14pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 1800 's »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   1800 's
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 1800 's  (Read 419 times)
tsayswhy
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Email

1800 's
« on: Oct 6th, 2003, 11:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

a discribtion of a cluster attack          

The pain was tearing, gnawing boring trobbing.
The eye became so sensitive that it could not support the light it became inflamed, spasmodically contracted and tearing the temporal vessel blood [vessel in the temples] pulsted uncommonly. strongly. In no position of the body did i find rest and the pain became so insupportable that i rolled on the floor afraid at any moment of getting convulsions. I had already resolved to open a vein in the afternoon when the noon bell tolled twelve O'clock and with this tolling sound there was momentaneous relief.

by John miller a German physician
written in the early 1800's

found this in a site for cluster/headaches.  to bad they didn't know what we know today!
IP Logged

if you are going my way---i will walk with you
jonny

Email

Re: 1800 's
« Reply #1 on: Oct 6th, 2003, 3:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Unless it was winter the poor bastard didnt even have ice back then.................major bummer!!

................................jonny
IP Logged
5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 6th, 2003, 9:53pm »

Just imagine, Almost 200 years ago.
 the guy obviously had no treatments whatsoever,he probably knew of no one who was experiencing this and could relate to his pain.
 all he had I can only assume was his journal...........hmmm..
    ..Mark..

IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 6th, 2003, 10:15pm »

I always wonder about those poor bastards.  Only thing that made it different on the farm was that they didn't have time for pain trying to stay alive. Still, we know CH is a different deal.

It's the kind of thing that can make one change his name to Shicklegruber and have some really shitty offsrpring.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 6th, 2003, 10:36pm »

The poor guy prolly wasn't consider'd very good breeding material way back then (family type stuff).......kinda like they treated lepers......prolly lived in his own end of the forest. Pam that lives in her own world  

Maybe he was the first headbanger.......what about cold pebble rocks in the creek verses frozen peas ?  Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2003, 10:38pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss