Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 3:18am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Business Venture »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Business Venture
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Business Venture  (Read 234 times)
RevDeFord
New Board Old Timer

Pain is real if the neighbors know you have it!

WWW Email

New Business Venture
« on: Oct 4th, 2003, 10:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, I have been researching for a long time, and have finally decided I am going to do my own web business.  My wife is a preschool teacher for a public school district, and she REALLY wants to stay home or work part time only and get away from those hellion kids.  So I have struggled for a long time to make that happen.

I don't know if this is the complete answer, but I sure hope so.

My business is going to be marketing and selling amateur photographer's pictures for them.  The pictures will be available in 8X10, 11X14, 16X20, and 20X30.  These will be available either by print only, or framed and matted in a variety of styles.  My cousin owns a framing company and does incredible work.

The person submitting the picture will receive a check from me for 30% of the proceeds of the sale on Framed and Matted pictures, and 80% of the proceeds of the sale for print only pictures.  You will send me either a picture or a negative(preferably a negative).  Should you decide that you no longer want to offer your picture for sale, I will send the original back to you.

I have some incredible pictures that I have been lucky enough to take.  I also know a couple of people that have some to.

If you have any pictures that people have already given you compliments on, let me see 'em.  You can scan them and send them to me and I will tell you if it is what I am looking for.

I am getting kind of excited about this.  It is a long time coming.  I am currently working with another web-designer to put together an awesome site.  The domain is www.beautiful-photos.com, but I just registered it.
IP Logged

I don' know why it hurts, but I pray it will stop.
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

Re: New Business Venture
« Reply #1 on: Oct 4th, 2003, 10:46am »

Go for it, Rev......Good Luck   Smiley

Starting a business takes hard work and commitment....I'm thinking you won't have a problem in those areas.... Smiley

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
Lori
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 4th, 2003, 12:35pm »

Sounds interesting. I think it's great you worked so hard to help find a way to allow your wife to be home. I have always stayed home to raise my kids and it can be tough financially at times. I work part time to help out where I can, so this also caught my eye. I love taking photos of mainly lanscapes. I have a nice digital camera right now but have always wanted to buy a real nice  (non-digital) camera for myself to take pics with. I live in Florida next to the Gulf Islands National Seashore and there are some potentially beautiful photo taking opportunities here. Would you accept a digital photo to look at? I go to the beaches every Tuesday and Friday and would have time to shoot some pics to send you and see if it's what you are looking for. Feel free to email me personally if you wish at lorimay7@yahoo.com
IP Logged

Blessings and PFDAN,
Lori

Psalm 23:4 ~ Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #3 on: Oct 4th, 2003, 1:16pm »

Good luck in your new venture Rev.  I think it's great you working extra hard to allow your wife to stay at home with the kids.  Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together !
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 4th, 2003, 5:47pm »

May God bless you as you start on this new journey.  I pray it does well and you have many clients and customers.  
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Miss_Deleny
New Board Veteran
USA 

To live life is to know love

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 6th, 2003, 7:20am »

This sounds very exciting! I have always loved taking pictures .. maybe "Santa" will bring me a "better" camera and I will be able to take some shots that would be worth sending.  Smiley

~April~
IP Logged

You never know when love will knock on your door, when it does, embrace it and hold on to it forever!
juvy
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

Misplaced Texan

2487387 2487387    
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 6th, 2003, 8:22am »

Rev,

That is awesome.  Let us know as soon as the site is up and running.  I might want to buy a few scenic pictures.  If you have any of the fall season with blue skies, open fields and lots of trees let me know.  Or any seascapes.
If I ever take anything of interest, I'll send it to you.  I only have a digital camera so I don't know how that will go.

Cheers,
~Juvy
IP Logged

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss