Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 11:46am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Swelling on roof of mouth?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Swelling on roof of mouth??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Swelling on roof of mouth??  (Read 1825 times)
Callmelucy

Email

Swelling on roof of mouth??
« on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

???
My brother suffers from cluster headaches.
Just before the headache starts, the roof of his mouth swells slightly and is tender.
As the headache progresses, it gets worse.
Does this happen to  other people too ?
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere

TY
IP Logged
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

Re: Swelling on roof of mouth??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Interesting onset, but new to me.  Hope someone else can help.
jc
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
UnsolvedEquation

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 3:57am »

I've never heard of the roof of the mouth swelling, but facial swelling is common. My cheek and around my eye swells all the time. If it is a 'bad one', my teeth also hurt very badly. Know what an absessed tooth feels like? Imagine one whole side feeling that way (a couple of times everyday). I think that the roof of the mouth swelling is probably not that unusual.
IP Logged
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #3 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 5:14am »

Never heard of that one before.  But hey, anything is possible with clusters !
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 5:43am »

On a bad day (or night-like tonight) not only does the roof of my mouth swell but also my upper lip on the pain side.  My teeth and gums hurt, too.

I told my husband I felt like a horse who had been reigned in by a sharp bit...

Hope your brother is feeling better...

Donna D. ;D
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 5:50am »

Gday Callmelucy,

Ive never heard of this CH "side effect" however anything is possible with CH. Like the others I get facial swelling, usually along  the jawline.

I hope your brother is feeling better.

Turts
IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:01am »

Ok, I WILL call you Lucy Smiley

it makes sense that he's feeling swelling and tenderness on the roof of his mouth at attack onset - it could be that his sinuses are swelling and pushing down.

He might really benefit from drinking ice water or holding an ice cube in his mouth when he feels one coming on.  My husband has noticed this feeling too and, drinking the water really helps him, but it's GOT to be cold to be of any benefit.

Best of luck to you both.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 7:16pm »

Nothing would surprise me... Tell him our thoughts are with him and read on... peace   Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 7:26pm »

I had an e-mail from a very wise man who doesn't post here anymore but wants me to pass on this information to you about the swelling in the roof of your mouth:

"Those symptomes described by this person are the classic signs of Spinaipalatineganglia Nuralgia."

"Almost Text book discription. In the beginning a lot of people were diagnosed with this disorder but soon they discovered that only a very small percentage of the people actually have it. From what I remember the blood flows through the palate of the mouth (Roof of the mourth) and irriatates the ganglia nerves in the Jaw and behind the eye producing a very similiar attack when compared to clusters. A Vascular constrictor is usually the answer for relief for this malady.

If you would share this message with her, I will appreciate it...."

Hope this helps...  

IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

rumplestiltskin

Email

YES ABSOLUTELY
« Reply #9 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:29pm »

YES...The roof of my mouth on the side of the Cluster does swell and begin burning quite often as the first precursor to almost every Clusterheadache. During my Clusters the pain on the roof of my mouth is excruciating....can't touch it with my tongue!

During CH local symptoms and signs of autonomic dysfunction are common....eye drooping and watering and nose running being the most common but by no means the only possibilities. This swelling seems to be another. I've always written it off as just another wierd thing CH does to a select few of us. I mentioned it years ago here.

Good Grief
den

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss