Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 11:44am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « contact lens a cause? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   contact lens a cause?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: contact lens a cause?  (Read 1831 times)
cantorjsm
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

contact lens a cause?
« on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 6:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Have you had any experience with contact lens and cluster headaches???
Hi, I wear only one contact lens in my left eye. I get headaches in my right eye. Is it possible that the lens could be giving me headaches?  
My doctor says that  this contact does not cause cluster headaches since I wake up with headaches and I'm not wearing one while sleeping.
I'm going to try not wearing my contact for a day.
Any answers?
IP Logged
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: contact lens a cause?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 7:17am »

Welcome,
 Gotta ask: Have you been diagnosed with Cluster Headaches by a neurologist?
 If not, check out the links in the "new visitors" column on the right. Look under Cluster Traits and Cluster Quiz.
 These could tell you if you might have Clusters.
 Most likely wearing only one contact lens would cause headaches, but NOT cause Cluster Headaches. (Possibly a trigger if you are sure you have CH)
 Give us a bit more info, and we can tell you if you're looking in the right forum or not.
 Hope you don't have CH,
Dave
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 7:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

hello cantorjsm,

Contact lenses do not cause clusters since there are many sufferers who have never worn them.  Neurologists seem to believe that clusters are caused by a deformation in the hypothalamus in the brain.  Please visit the OUCH website, highlighted in yellow to the left of your screen, for more information.  Once there, click on "Cluster Help" for diagnosing ch and research.

Smileymel

IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 9:31am »

IF you have been diagnosed with clusters I wouldn't absolutely 100% discount the contact as being a trigger.

I wouldn't absolutely 100% discount anything as a Cluster Trigger.

As a cause? IMHO absolutely 100% not.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2003, 9:32am by don » IP Logged
cantorjsm
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

iYYuRe: contact lens a cause?
« Reply #4 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 2:00pm »

Yup, I've been diagnosed by a neuroliogist. Tried Verapamine for 1 1/2 weeks and Maxalt. Didn't work. Doctor put me on prednezone for 5 days and it's works til nightime. Much relief. I can still feel the headaches subtley but I have much relief til night. Hopefully this will break the cycle. I tried not using my contact lens out of desperation and thought I'd ask.
Thanks
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 3:11pm »

Verapamil is a drug that must "build up" in your system to be effective. A week and a half may not have been long enough time.

What dose did you try? Most start with a low dose, 100mg, and building (over a month or more)  to 400 or 500mg a day. (Don't tell your heart doctor about this)  Wink

You say prednezone gives relief during the day and not at night. Have you tried to take the prednezone on a schedule that you take it before bed time?
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
cantorjsm
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 7:44am »

thanks
IP Logged
UnsolvedEquation

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 7:49am »

"Verapamil is a drug that must "build up" in your system to be effective. A week and a half may not have been long enough time. "  Good reply Bob. It takes awhile for Verapamil to work.
Also ... Contacts DO NOT CAUSE CH. Although it could be a trigger for you, you will still have them regardless of contacts if it's CH that you have. I've never wore contacts or glasses and I'm chronic.  Sad
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss