Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 27th, 2024, 6:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I feel like I am home! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   I feel like I am home!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I feel like I am home!  (Read 342 times)
foreverinpain
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I feel like I am home!
« on: Dec 28th, 2007, 5:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everyone my name is Jerome.......I just found this site! While I know the pain is here to stay its nice to know that I'm not the only one confused and frustrated. I remember my first attack very vividly. I was 18 about half way through basic training for the Army. I woke up in the middle of the night. At first I was really mad I thought someone had punched me in eye while I was sleeping. I got up and went to the bathroom. I remember the Florescent lights just about killed me. After about an hour of running water over my temple the pain subsided and I was able to go back to sleep. Its been about six years now and I finally found a place where people understand my pain. Thank you whoever built this site.  I am actually just coming down from a pretty severe attack as I write this my headaches have been frequent for about a week now. I think just reading some of the posts from other members took the edge off a little. Again thank you. If I can be of assistance to anyone please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards
       Jerome B.
IP Logged
michael
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

Re: I feel like I am home!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 6:09am »

Hi Jerome and welcome to the family.

It is so good of you to offer assistance to fellow sufferers with your first post.

First let us try and help you.

There are many people on this site with valuable knoweledge. Tell us a bit more about yourself. How do you cope? What meds have you tried? The more you can tell us, the more we can try and help.

You have just found your second family.

Pain free wishes.

Mike
IP Logged
Jobette
New Board Veteran
USA 

This too shall pass! If you don't passout first!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 6:17am »

Have you been diagnosed and have you taken the cluster quiz? Just try to help,but need to know where to start. Undecided
IP Logged

Who gave cupid those flaming arrows, and why is he shooting them into my right eye?
Where is his love?
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 10:14am »

Welcome to the board!!! You'll find we are an incredibly nosey bunch for several reasons! Some of my best treatment options have come from hearing how well they worked for others, so I'm always picking brains trying to increase my arsenal.

More importantly, there are many people needlessly suffering because their regimen doesn't include some of the most effective meds out there.

So what me and the last two people mean, is take a second and tell us about what you take as far as medications go. What has and has not worked, how long it too to get diagnosed...(many took years and years!!!)....it's possible you'll drop a few new pearls our way and maybe we can tweak your routine to help you out a bit!

Welcome to your new second home!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 10:32am »

Welcome.

Get thee to a neurologist who specializes in headache treatment.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 8:01am »

Welcome,  I remember the first time I found this site I think I just sat and cried.  It was a saving grace for me to have others that understood how one felt while dealing with the beast.  I know when I get hit hard it's these guys that keep me going because when they get going I don't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm one of the lucky ones I get breaks in my cycles but many here I have to bow down to that deal with this everyday I don't know where they get there strength from.  Read the site and ask questions and with the knowledge that is here you will find out what will work for you to help you get through this.

Sami

Sami
IP Logged

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
rocketman3104
New Board Newbie
USA 

Fightin'em off, one at a time

« Reply #6 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 9:31am »

Jerome, welcome to the site. Sorry you had to find it.

There is alot of experience here so let us know what you been doing and believe me there is help here!

Read as much of the information here as you can take in. You'll see there is alot of different aproaches to treating these monsters. Some may work for you and some may not. We share alot of information here, sometimes too much, (lol, it has to do with migets and latex) and there are alot of great people here.  

This place has helped save alot of suffering (mine) bow and I am truly greatful to everyone here. They are my second family. Let us know whats going on with yours and we can start bombing you with information.

Mine started in the Army also. Right after I got back from Desert Storm. Later.

IP Logged

Paul
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss