Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 12:17pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « diagnosed possible cluster headache »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   diagnosed possible cluster headache
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: diagnosed possible cluster headache  (Read 209 times)
ironhead
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

diagnosed possible cluster headache
« on: May 20th, 2006, 12:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey everyone,
Well I'll just kinda give this a run down and get some opinions I hope.
  About three years ago I went to the doctor for an ear infection he gave me some antibiotics and of course ear infection gone, cool. Then a few days later I got these severe headaches. Had me throwing up , and like someone was sticking a knife in my head through my right temple , behind my right eye down to the top of jaw bone hitting every nerve there was to be hit non stop for about 2 to 3 hours. This went on for a week , and of course I made it through the first night and suddenly it was gone so I thought wow that was the worst migrane I have or could ever get. I missed work needles to say , the next three or 4 nights was the same , doctor gave the run around its my teeth , dentist says no it may be my sinuses. After a week of this the doctor prescribed ultra-scet. Well they was gone so I thought hey maybe the ultra-scet worked. Then about a week and a half ago it started again. With the run around last time I tried some stuff for sinus headache and after an hour and a half or so it was gone, followe by another night of it only not as bad the second night then a third night , by then I was headed to the doctor I couldn't take this anymore. After about three hours in the ER waiting it had recided and was all but gone , atleast the excruiating pain I had this linger of a headache around but that was minor. Anyways he gave me cafergot , indocin , and percocet.
 This went on for another week , I had enough pain medicine in me trying to get rid of that I'm sure he wouldn't have approved , like 5 aleeve , 4 percocets, had parts of my body that was numb and still I could feal my head hurting , mind you that it was tolerable at that point only because I was pretty well messed up.
 So I took a follow after this point because it was still around and this was a week and a half later. The doctor said it sounded like a classice cluster headache case to him and gave me some imitrex. I don't know if the imitrex is whats saving me or if I'm just not getting one of the severe ones since I went and seen him. But I take the indocin in the morning , and evening regardless and then the imitrex if I feal a headache starting. So far in two days I've taken three imitrex. The headaches started out at night , and then switched and seem to be hitting me around 5 to 6 in the afternoon.
 My doctor recomended me getting online and reading up about them and I found this site so here I am asking some of everyones here opinions on if they think its cluster headaches or if its something diff. Thanks
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: diagnosed possible cluster headache
« Reply #1 on: May 20th, 2006, 1:17am »

Sounds like it may be the real deal to me.

Take the cluster quiz on this site and welcome here.
IP Logged

MJ
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: May 20th, 2006, 12:18pm »

Yeah, what MJ said. And look under the 'imitrex tip' button. It'll save you money and be a little easier on your heart.

Welcome to the board.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
jeshauber
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: May 20th, 2006, 6:13pm »

yup,sounds like a cluster headache.if imitrex doesn't work, ask your doctor about verapamil.it's the only thing so far in 11 years that has lightened the headache alittle,but hasn't gotten rid of them.my doctor is still studying new meds for me.
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 20th, 2006, 6:20pm »

Hello Ironhead, and welcome!

Read up on the information here for a rundown on many of the treatments offerd for CH:

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

And here for one of the best abortives available (Oxygen)for individual attacks:  

http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm

IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss