Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 1:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello  (Read 248 times)
Professor
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hello
« on: May 2nd, 2006, 5:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all--I'm 41, male, married, one beautiful boy of 2 yrs age.  Got my first killer headache when I was 26--just one.  Then the cycle began to assert itself two years later, once every two years, lasting between 3-5 weeks I guess, usually starting in March or April (I'm in one one).  It was a relief, a few cycles back, to get the right diagnosis, and some medicine that works for me (imitrex injections, prednisone taper with verapamil).  It's great to feel connected to all of you, great to hear you stories, your warmth and generosity of spirit, and good humor.
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 2nd, 2006, 6:47pm »

on May 2nd, 2006, 5:40pm, Professor wrote:
It's great to feel connected to all of you, great to hear you stories, your warmth and generosity of spirit, and good humor.  

Great to hear from you too and good to hear you found what helps spare some of the hell of this for you.  Pull up a chair and hang out with other cluster heads.  We're everywhere here with good supporters.

Welcome
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 2nd, 2006, 7:01pm »

I agree with you, finally gettin the right diagnosis was awesome! Stop worrying about the tumor, aneurism, stroke, cancer, that you just knew was eating your brain!

And doubly glad you found something that helps you manage it. Welcome to the nut house!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 2nd, 2006, 7:14pm »

on May 2nd, 2006, 5:40pm, Professor wrote:
(imitrex injections, prednisone taper with verapamil

Welcome professor!

That's my script less the Imitrex. I use Oxygen as a primary abortive and it works well on about 60-70% of my attacks.   I must say, I do hate the prednisone, but I usually succumb after sevral weeks withour relief.  Unfortunately then, the road back is a little tougher because the pred really tears me up emotionally and physically.

Anyway, glad you found us and hope you hang around to share. learn, and contribute where you can.

Rich  
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 2nd, 2006, 8:38pm »

Did you say just one?  Was that one headache or one cycle, at the beginning?

So, what do you teach?

Welcome aboard.  March is a bad month, bad bad bad.  I'm glad you have some relief.  You will find a lot of support here.  It's a comforting thing.

Charlotte
IP Logged
Professor
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: May 2nd, 2006, 9:39pm »

thanks all for the warm welcome!  That's right, Charlotte, my first encounter with the beast was a one night affair: one headache, like nothing else I'd ever known, and then I forgot about it.  Just thought it was a fluke.  Then the cluster cycles began to assert themselves every other year, with increasing severity, and I connected the dots.  

I teach English.  I guess that doesn't reflect well on my typos and poor spelling....

Rich, I also don't like taking the prednisone, but don't know what I'd do without it.  I need to look into the Oxygen next time round.  

IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 2nd, 2006, 10:19pm »

I answered your O2 questions on your other thread.
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss