Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 6:10am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New here »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New here
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New here  (Read 339 times)
craig497
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

New here
« on: May 2nd, 2006, 12:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have had them for about a month and a half befor i went in. My doc told my to check out online groups so here i am. I just wanted to know how long they usually last befor i get a break? Today was my first day on medician i'll write back to tell how it works.
IP Logged
tanner
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Adopt a POW/MIA I have

sc_clusterhead1  
Email

Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: May 2nd, 2006, 1:41am »

Craig, I just wanted torespond to your post to let you know you are in the right place. I am getting slammed right now so can't really give you the welcome or advice that yo deserve.

don't leave, come back and post again tommrrow if you need to ! use this booard or the general post board to make sure that some of the wiser heads get back to you.

sorry I am not much help right now but i am usually much betterin the mid am when i can see and type...

.....hang tough and come back .....tim

IP Logged

I AM THE MASTER OF MY MIND, MY BODY, AND MY EMOTIONS...
it's just my head that sucks...http://www.centerforlit.com/

Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #2 on: May 2nd, 2006, 9:09am »

Welcome Craig.

This is definitely the best place to be when you have CH.  The help and support here are immense.

On what type of medication are you?

As for the duration, this differs from one person to the other.  When your meds starts to work, it hopefully will cut your cycle short.

PF times to you.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 2nd, 2006, 10:44am »

Time to get started with your learning--essential survival skill here! Explore buttons on left and here is some basic reading.
----
MANAGEMENT OF HEADACHE AND HEADACHE MEDICATIONS, 2nd ed. Lawrence D. Robbins, M.D.; pub. by Springer. $59 at Amazon.Com.  It covers all types of headache and is primarily focused on medications. While the two chapters on CH total 42-pages, the actual relevant material is longer because of multiple references to material in chapters on migraine, reflecting the overlap in drugs used to treat. I'd suggest reading the chapters on migraine for three reasons: he makes references to CH & medications which are not in the index; there are "clinical pearls" about how to approach the treatment of headache; and, you gain better perspective on the nature of headache, in general, and the complexities of treatment (which need to be considered when we create expectations about what is possible). Finally, women will appreciate & benefit from his running information on hormones/menstrual cycles as they affect headache. Chapter on headache following head trauma, also. Obviously, I'm impressed with Robbins' work (even if the book needs the touch of a good editor!) (Somewhat longer review/content statement at 3/22/00, "Good book...."Wink

HEADACHE HELP, Revised edition, 2000; Lawrence Robbins, M.D., Houghton Mifflin, $15. Written for a nonprofessional audience, it contains almost all the material in the preceding volume but it's much easier reading. Highly recommended.
----
Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  
----
Explore this site as well as consider buying this booklet.
  www.headachedrugs.com

HEADACHE 2006 IS HERE!  

HELP SUPPORT THIS WEBSITE, AND RECEIVE: "HEADACHE 2006" hot off the press!!  

This 64-page booklet has cutting edge ideas and opinions from Dr. Robbins about the meds and non-med therapies for migraine, chronic daily, and cluster headache. There is also a section on headache in children and adolescents.  

Major revisions have been done, including the latest on meds and therapies for refractory, difficult to treat headaches including options for when nothing is working. There are also new sections on Bipolar, ADD, Insomnia, and Personality disorders, as well as Biofeedback. Click here for the complete table of contents. (Requires: Adobe Acrobat Reader - A free program)  

Headache 2006 is the latest edition, based upon Dr. Robbins' 2 bestselling books. You will receive this latest work by Dr. Robbins and also help to support this non-commercial website, for only $16.95 (includes shipping).  

To order, call 847 480-9510 (Mon. thru Fri. 9 to 4 CST) and order with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover accepted), or send check (or Visa info) for $16.95 to:  

Robbins Headache Clinic
1535 Lake Cook Rd.,
Suite 506
Northbrook, Ill.60062

You can also fax your order with your credit card information to: 847 480-9044.  

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 2nd, 2006, 10:45am »

Well the bad news is there is no real usual anything with these danged things. I "usually" go 8 to 12 weeks on cycle but I've been on cycle since November of 2005. I'm starting to get real nervous and afraid I'm going chronic! Every time i go off my lithium I get slammed.

Let us know what meds the doc gave you and how well they do and don't work, it's how all of us learn. Has your doctor prescribed oxygen yet? Read the link on oxygen. Used correctly it can abort most of your headaches and has no significant side affects. I have to back my oxygen up with oral cafregot or the beast comes back 15 minutes later. Many others just use oxygen.  

So read and read and please post your successes and failures so we'll all learn from them. Welcome to the warmest house there is!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss