Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 9:20am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « hi am new »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   hi am new
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: hi am new  (Read 287 times)
Jason_Taylor
New Board Newbie
England 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

hi am new
« on: Apr 30th, 2006, 4:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi I am Jason, have been suffering with cluster headaches for last 5 years, just found the site am glad I can communicate with people who understand what I'm going through. Benn suffering chronic for last 7 months have not found anything that works as yet, tried just about most meds going, most of the time want to rip my head off and chuck it in the toilet. The pain in my left eye is just excruciating, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, feel very helpless at present, can't do much, feel sorry for my wife and 3 kids, due to have fourth in 7 weeks, hope that I can chat to somebody who can help. Grin
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: hi am new
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30th, 2006, 4:59pm »

Welcome to the asylum! Please take the time to read up on the medication links. If you haven't tried oxygen, read the link on that and get your doc to prescribe it. If you have tried it and it didn't work, read the link on oxygen and check out the cluster mask. Many doctors mistakenly prescribe the oxygen at too low a flow rate, or have you use a rebreather mask, both will cause it to not abort the headache. If you have a minute, post what medications you have used, there may be something working for a lot of people here that your doctor hasn't tried you on yet.

That all being said, you're right!!! You have found a new home where everyone knows what you mean and knows how you feel. Many people smarter then me are dying to help you, please stick around and keep posting, happy to have you here.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30th, 2006, 7:57pm »

Welcome Jason

Guiseppi has already given you the good info on what to loook at so I won't re-itterate but you have found a place where people will do all they can to help out.
Your no longer alone.

Grab an oar and start rowing.
Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #3 on: May 1st, 2006, 4:49am »

Welcome here Jason.  Yes, good advise from Guiseppi.

btw:  What medications are you on at this moment?
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2006, 4:50am by Jasmyn » IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 1st, 2006, 5:16am »

Use the OUCH button, left, to get to the group in England.

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  

http://WWW.MELDRUM.DEMON.CO.UK/migraine. At bottom of home page, look for FAQ on clusters: four sections of extensive material; strong on treatment options.

MANAGEMENT OF HEADACHE AND HEADACHE MEDICATIONS, 2nd ed. Lawrence D. Robbins, M.D.; pub. by Springer. $59 at Amazon.Com.  It covers all types of headache and is primarily focused on medications. While the two chapters on CH total 42-pages, the actual relevant material is longer because of multiple references to material in chapters on migraine, reflecting the overlap in drugs used to treat. I'd suggest reading the chapters on migraine for three reasons: he makes references to CH & medications which are not in the index; there are "clinical pearls" about how to approach the treatment of headache; and, you gain better perspective on the nature of headache, in general, and the complexities of treatment (which need to be considered when we create expectations about what is possible). Finally, women will appreciate & benefit from his running information on hormones/menstrual cycles as they affect headache. Chapter on headache following head trauma, also. Obviously, I'm impressed with Robbins' work (even if the book needs the touch of a good editor!) (Somewhat longer review/content statement at 3/22/00, "Good book...."Wink

HEADACHE HELP, Revised edition, 2000; Lawrence Robbins, M.D., Houghton Mifflin, $15. Written for a nonprofessional audience, it contains almost all the material in the preceding volume but it's much easier reading. Highly recommended.

This will get you moving on learning how to care for yourself!
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2006, 5:17am by Bob_Johnson » IP Logged

Bob Johnson
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: May 1st, 2006, 5:40am »

Hello Jason,
Nice to meet you and congrats on #4!
lets get you sorted so you can enjoy it all.
What meds are you using and have you used? Have you tried O2? There is alot we can do to help you, both here and on the OUCH UK site as listed above. Once we have some basics from you we can go to town with suggestions and help for you.
There ARE things that WILL help, you've got the benefit of the experience of thousands of clusterheads to draw on here, between us all we'll see you right Smiley
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 1st, 2006, 10:27am »

Welcome Jason..

Please allow me to say that you couldn't have come to a better place if you suffer with CHs, and you will never find a better support group for any ailment anywhere in the world.  

God only knows where I would be had I not found this group 4 years ago.

This group is not just a support team, we are a very caring  family, I mean that we really, really, really care.  Rather you're the person that is suffering or you're supporting someone that does... So welcome to the family
Jason.. You're in our hearts as well as our Prayers.

Peace & Blessings
Lady Luv
IP Logged

http://i5.tinypic.com/20s7l1l.jpg [/img ]
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 1st, 2006, 11:36am »

Hi Jason,

Sorry you had to find us, but glad that you did. It sounds like you have a lot of reading to do.  I'm very interested in hearing about what meds/treatments you are on now.  There is a lot of infiormtion here, folks willing to help, or just lend an ear.  The best part is that  we all understand what you are going through and there is always someone here.

IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #8 on: May 1st, 2006, 12:23pm »

Welcome to Clusterville Jason

. . . and ditto all the above. . . .ESPECIALLY those comments and recomendations for 02.  Works for 60-70% of us to abort .  .  . can be a miracle for you!

You have much to read and many questions to ask.  I was a basket-case when I came here in 2/02 . . . these guys saved my life.  

Here you will find info/caring/sharing from folks who truly know your pain . . . . and a boatload of recognized therapies available for you to print and take to your doc to help battle our common beast.

Do you keep a ha journal?  How frequent are your attacks? What is normal duration? Pain levels? (see "the kip scale" . . .4th down below yellow "new visitors"Wink link.  How do you currently deal with them?  Again, what meds have you tried?  Be as specific as you can.

Read, read, read . . . and don't be afraid to ask, vent, or just know there's always someone here, 24/7.

Be Safe,  PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss