Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 12:42pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « insurence doubles »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   insurence doubles
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: insurence doubles  (Read 250 times)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

insurence doubles
« on: Dec 19th, 2007, 1:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Brad got a notice to fill out about any other insurence policy's we mite be on but mostly specified for SPOUSE....I work at home so there is no other policy in this household. (small dog kennel). His ins says you can not go with BOTH.....you have to decide which one to go with and can not have coverage with TWO. I'm sure alot of families file with whichever one covers the best for certain treatments or whatever.....but not neccisarily file thru BOTH for the same thing ? So anyhow....his ins co says to PICK one....either his or mine if I had one and cancel the other. Anyone else ever hear of this....and is it a new trend ? Double trouble Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: insurence doubles
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 4:51pm »

When you have double coverage, the insurance companies have a method to determine which insurance company is the primary payer.  Usually, this is determined by the birthday of the spouses that are double-covered.  For example, if I actually had insurance from my company that covered me and my family, and my wife had the same type of coverage at her company (covers her and the family), one of them has to be the primary payer... they are obligated to pay claims before considering any payment from the other insurance company.  Then, the other company may or may not pay, the rules are getting more sketchy every day.  The bottom line is double coverage doesn't buy you much.

Your insurance company is just trying to be sure they are the only payer in the picture.

-Fu
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 5:01pm »

Ted gets this form about once a year from his employer to fill out.  They just want to make sure that if there is another policy involved that the correct one is being billed and used.  It is almost standard to get one of these forms in the madison area.  I wouldn't worry about it.  I don't think that they are wanting to terminate his policy or anything like that.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 7:25pm »

Thanks guys.....from what Brad told me he found out about the form is that HIS insurence thru the shop is saying he can NOT be cover'd 'period' by anouther policy. It says ONE or the OTHER must be terminated.....and it stated that if I had insurence we decide which one to stay under and cancel his....or mine if I had one. So just wonder'd about that.....that's what he told me he found out about it ???? Single insure'd Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 7:39pm »

I don't know about not being able to have double coverage.  I know that here in Wisconsin Ted and I have had double coverage a couple of times and they just bill who evers policy has the first birthday of the year as primary.  I really wonder if what they are trying to do is legal?  I would check you state laws on that one and see what is what because that sounds illegal to me.  I mean it is silly to have double coverage if your paying for both policies unless one is a supplemental to the other or something like that but I just can't imagine being forced to terminate one over the other.  I guess it really doesn't matter since you don't have another policy thou.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 10:58pm »

Didn't sound rite to me either.....he said suma the guys at work's wives have coverage thru there jobs that pay better for dental or certain things so they use THAT policy when needed but now they are saying you can NOT have two in one household and Brad had to sign the the paper stateing "he did NOT have any other policy's thru me (spouse)" to continue coverage by his ins co. So I just wonder'd if this was sumthing new.....and where will it all end ?? I guess sum of the other wives are FREAKING out cuz they have really good jobs and coverage but they don't want to cancel there's so the husbands policy stays in operation. The policy thru work has a higher deductable too then there wives ins....so they pick and choose when needed. So I was also wondering about that AARP card people get for supplemental insurence......I know sum people that have it so wonder how that works if you use it and your main ins co finds out if they are doin what our ins co is doing ? This is all what Brad told me after he signed the letter and had to return it and asked about it. So just thought I'd bring it up. Insurence oddity Pam  Undecided

I could always bring it up at the shop Xmas party Friday......bet that'd be a real conversation buster.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss