Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 3:05am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I'm not alone? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I'm not alone?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I'm not alone?  (Read 181 times)
neetnut
New Board Newbie

neetnut
Email

I'm not alone?
« on: Jul 19th, 2004, 10:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been suffering from CH for nearly ten years now. Until recently they were not able to put a name on my head pain. It was a Nuro Doc who informed me that I was suffering from Clusters.  
Now we are trying medications such as Verapamil, Topamax, Imitrex Injections and Oxygen. We are now also taking Lithiumn and Lidocaine Nasal drops (just started those). Hopefully after the walking zombie feeling wears off, so will my CH.
I'm just glad to see that my pain is not all in my head, that other people suffer along with me.  These headaches are so hard for other people to understand what we go through,  its nice to read a thought from someone who understands. Roll Eyes  Thanks everyone for being here!
Anita
IP Logged
Ronny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Belgium 

Yabba Dabba Doo

maximus_imperius  
Email

Re: I'm not alone?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20th, 2004, 2:21am »

Hi,

Glad you found this place, it really is a good place where people understand you. There is a lot of info here.
My neuro told me to get the oxygen but i didnt, after reading this board, i'm definatly going to get some.

I wish you many painfree times.
     Ronny.
IP Logged

Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: I'm not alone?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20th, 2004, 10:21am »

Develop patience! One of the enduring issues with Clusters is finding meds which work for us. It may take several trials of different meds and/or doses before you find a good one for you.  

For reasons which are not understood, a med which has been effective may stop working and you have to start looking again.  

If you read here long enough, you'll find that this is a all too common issue. That's why it's important to selfd-educate, stay in touch here, and work to avoid anger and depression as you learn to cope with a troubling condition.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss