Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 18th, 2024, 9:25am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Harvard & The BBC »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Harvard & The BBC
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Harvard & The BBC  (Read 300 times)
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

Harvard & The BBC
« on: Mar 16th, 2005, 2:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been involved with Dr. Swell's research since last year.....after 30 years and not missing a cycle I am PF for over 500 days now.....they need to look at my head for sure.

In my email....

Quote:
Hello everyone!

Dr. Halpern and I were recently contacted by a documentary film crew in England who are making a film about LSD to mark the 40th anniversary of its introduction into Great Britain.  They have heard about the pending cluster headache research and asked if we could give them the names of some people who have successfully used LSD to treat their headaches, potentially to be interviewed for the documentary.

Now obviously we can't, for reasons of confidentiality.  But there's nothing to stop any of you from contacting Chris Paton independently of us if you're interested in being a part of it.

R. Andrew Sewell MD
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Center
Harvard Medical School/McLean Hospital

Begin forwarded message:  

Dr Halpern,

Many thanks for our conversation on Monday, and apologies for just contacting you by phone at such short notice - I knew I was to be out of the office for the rest of the week, and did not want to let it drift too much longer!  I have discussed our conversation with my executive producer in Glasgow, Neil McDonald, who is happy for me to develop this further as a possible Horizon programme, and in conjunction with a producer colleague called Andrew Thompson, who has directed many programmes for Horizon in the past, I will be pulling together a first draft proposal in the next few weeks.

As discussed, it would be extremely useful to see a draft copy of the New Scientist article that you plan to pull together on the cluster headache sufferers, purely for research at this end, and strictly on an embargoed basis. Also, if at this stage you could suggest cluster headache sufferers who reside in Britain and/or the US, who may be willing to discuss their situation and the use of LSD to treat it, I would be further grateful for a chance to talk to them about their situation and the proposed documentary. Finally, if you could clarify again your expected timeline until the first trials, outlining which steps need to be passed along the way (permissions, etc), it would give me a useful timeline to work to at this end.

Finally, thanks again for the chat – I think if we can get this up and running we will have a fantastic and interesting programme on our hands, and I look forward to further conversations in the near future with you to progress this further!. Please do keep in touch with me on any developments that may happen in the foreseeable future at your end, and I will do likewise at this end.  

I look forward to hearing from you again soon!
Yours sincerely,
Chris Paton

Assistant Producer
BBC Scotland

501 days PF and counting!

Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin

cc: Med Board & CH Specific
[s][/s]
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2005, 3:31pm by Mark C » IP Logged

Click The Flag
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss