Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 27th, 2024, 8:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « cost of trex »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   cost of trex
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: cost of trex  (Read 371 times)
HAMMERED
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cost of trex
« on: Mar 13th, 2005, 11:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just bought my second set of five 6mg vials of trex.  It cost $384.  I can get three hits per vial.  Some days I need two hits, some three.  Five vials will last a little over a week if I am lucky.  My last episodes lasted six weeks.  Being self employed and with a high deductable, I am getting hammered more ways than one.

How much in other countries, especially Canada and Mexico?  It may be worth the trip.
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: cost of trex
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 12:13am »

I know this may seem crazy to you, but you get it cheaper than I would.  The vials go for approximately $135 a piece here in Oklahoma.  I still couldn't afford them even at the $76.80 per vial you pay.  Use Google to do some comparison shopping.  Be very careful ordering meds online.  As with anything else, if the price seems to good to be true - it probably is.

Good luck and if you by chance find a decent price that is for real, don't forget to post it here.  Your brothers and sisters in pain will be very interested in know that.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 8:00am »

My brother and I have used this pharmacy in Canada for about 3-years. Good service and they appear ethical.
  www.LePharmacy.com

You can easily check for prices.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 8:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

http://www.lepharmacy.com/ProductDetail.asp?productid=1525#pd
IP Logged
davet
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 11:44am »

Being very familier with ridiculous cost of Imitrex I have found the following on-line pharmacy:
 http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/pain/generic-imitrex-nasal.html
I have order from them and recieve shipments in one week. The Sumatriptan is manufactured in India and sold much lower than here in the States. One thing to note is that the Bush admin has the FDA on the lookout for foriegn shipments of so-called "unapproved drugs" even though it is legal to import a 90 day supply of "non-scheduled" drugs for personal use...

David
IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 12:18pm »

Or you could always try zomig or www.clusterbusters.com
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 1:12pm »

yeahh, that's spendy.....especially of you are self-employed and in cycle!
Have you considered trying  Kudzu???  Seems that some are getting some pretty good results with this plant derivative.
Look here for several threads about Kudzu...........
Wish you PF, will money still in your pocket.......
Cathi
IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 2:52pm »

You may find that you can abort 80% of the hits in 10-15 minutes with O2 at 12 lpm and a non-rebreather mask. O2 is cheap. That way you only need to use the trex when the O2 doesn't work.

Bob
IP Logged
Belle
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Kiss Me You Fool!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 15th, 2005, 11:53pm »

I get two stat dose pen refills with 6mg of imitres for $180 here in Canada. Luckily my hubby has a plan at work and  I only have to pay $18 for the two shots. Thank goodness for health coverage, I don't know what I would do if he didn't have that.

Belle
 Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Take the time to stop and smell the roses!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss