Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 27th, 2024, 8:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone on here spent time in prison(read on) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone on here spent time in prison(read on)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone on here spent time in prison(read on)  (Read 282 times)
kingsiren
New Board Junior

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!

Anyone on here spent time in prison(read on)
« on: Mar 9th, 2005, 4:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi guys I hope this isn't too personal a question and I hope it doesn't sound strange but I was wondering if anyone on here has had to spend time in jail and if so did they have a problem getting treatment while they were? I have gotten myself into some legal troubles and I may have to go away for a few years. As worried as I am about doing time I am terrified to think about an episode of CH's while incarcerated...if someone has been through this experience and doesn't want to post please consider sending me a private message or an email I would be so grateful for any help.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2005, 4:18pm by kingsiren » IP Logged

I have an ice pick being repeatedly stabbed through my eye, into my brain while 4160 Volts run through it as someone squeezes my eyeball. You get headaches buddy, I get the Beelzebub on Crystal Meth.
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

Re: Anyone on here spent time in prison(read on)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 9th, 2005, 5:25pm »

on Mar 9th, 2005, 4:16pm, kingsiren wrote:
As worried as I am about doing time I am terrified to think about an episode of CH's while incarcerated.

Haven't ever been there (knocking on my formica desk) but have given it a fleeting thought. Stopped worrying when I figured it would probably be easier to get shrooms inside than out.  Lips Sealed

I would think (and hope) that a good lawyer would be able to make a case for you being sent somewhere that proper treatment would be available. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Good luck,
Bobw www.clusterbusters.com

IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Anyone on here spent time in prison(read on)
« Reply #2 on: Mar 9th, 2005, 5:40pm »

Before being a probation officer I worked security at a maximum security state prison.  You'll need to gather your medical history and give them to a friend/family member to hold for you.  You'll probably be sent to jail first awaiting a vacancy in the state system.  This could take some months.  When entering into a state system, you will probably go to a "reception" center at which time medical, psychological evaluation, classification would be done.  At the reception center is where your condition should be revealed and a treatment plan in the event you enter the CH cycle.  This information would be passed onto the medical facility at the institution that you will eventually go.  Your care will probably be better than most of ours and free.  I saw one individual that got a free liver transplant from alcohol abuse.  I would probably die on the street before I could get one.

Good luck
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss