Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 18th, 2024, 8:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What Tha!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What Tha!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What Tha!!  (Read 285 times)
Ouch
New Board Newbie
USA 

Scottishlaw1  
Email

What Tha!!
« on: Mar 7th, 2005, 11:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well been on verapimil about two years. Finally give up on it. The Dr. just put me on Topamx 25 mgs to work up to a 100mgs a day. I take the med. in the morning and so far so good........but at night watch out. Bad Bad attacks. I don't know if the medication is not lasting long enough or what.  I have physically felt better since the verap is gone. And check this out not only has my headaches been coming just at night they switched sides. And these headaches here are not your typical clusters neither. No the whole damn head is hurting. But one side feels like a bad shadow. It is really hard to explain. Has anyone had experinces like this in the middle of the night where you could'nt think straight and you head just hurt like hell? And you thought you were the only person in the world who felt this way?    What is up with that. And this has been going on for 2 weeks. Any one got any good advice if so please feel free to share!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

Hold on tight.......this is one hellava ride
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

Re: What Tha!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 7th, 2005, 11:18am »

well, maybe get the second 25mgs in you in the afternoon or evening and see if it helps...

or jump on the Kudzu bandwagon.

IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 7th, 2005, 11:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Watch out for those kidney stones  Shocked  They kinna hurt too.
IP Logged
Gonzo1991
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 7th, 2005, 9:21pm »

You should be taking the topmax in the morning and evening that will help cut down your attacks.

Oh yeah I'm new and Im a girl so HI to all and yeah I was just told i have cluster headaches but I don't get it. But I'm on topmax and take two in the am and two in the pm and it does cut down on the attacks not all the way but makes it all most bareable
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 8th, 2005, 5:21am »

Was on topamax for years and I found out to take it at night. Regardless of dose - take it all before bedtime. Seemed to work better.  

Doc started me on 75mg and upped it as necessary. It did the trick for me for years. I stayed in remission with just a few breakthrus.  

Good luck on it.

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss