Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 18th, 2024, 8:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Cluster Headache Victim »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Cluster Headache Victim
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Cluster Headache Victim  (Read 566 times)
Erika_Hanyzewski
New Board Newbie
USA 

I'm ready for summer!!

misserikamiss  
Email

New Cluster Headache Victim
« on: Mar 1st, 2005, 9:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been having migraines for about 2 months now. I have had the CT scan and all that because they thought it was a Brain Tumor, and now they are telling me that they are Cluster Headaches, and I'm on Relpax 40 mg  this is all new to me, but I'm so sick of being in painCry. It efforts my personal life and my professional life. I'm even considering switching to part time, because of the alot of time I have missed from work. I'm so happy that I found this message board and to see that their are others like me out here. I'm still learning to tell when the headaches start, so most of the time I end up taking the medicine during the highest level of it. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
IP Logged

Thanks for listening,
Erika
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

Re: New Cluster Headache Victim
« Reply #1 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 9:29pm »

Hi Erika,
tell us all more about your headache pain.
How long does it last?
Where is it?
What's it like?
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Erika_Hanyzewski
New Board Newbie
USA 

I'm ready for summer!!

misserikamiss  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 9:46pm »

It normally happens around my eyes, and last for what seems like days. At the very beginning they thought it was a Sinus Headache, and treated it as that, then my doctor thought it was migraines, and it gave me Imitrex, but the headache laughed at it and kept hurting, then they thought it was a Brain Tumor, and had a CT Scan, and now that I have been working with my Neurologist, he is telling me that it is Cluster Headaches. I'm at the point where I don't care what it is, just get rid of it. The pain is so bad that I don't want to do anything, I CAN'T do anything, I try to lay still and can't, my heart starts beating fast, and the pain just wont seem to go away. I don't want to sound like a person what whines but enough is enough. Cry
IP Logged

Thanks for listening,
Erika
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 9:55pm »

on Mar 1st, 2005, 9:46pm, Erika_Hanyzewski wrote:
It normally happens around my eyes, and last for what seems like days.
but enough is enough. Cry

I know enough is enough, but your journey isn't over...
Cluster headaches normally last an hour or so.
They never last for days.  and usually stick to just one eye...
tell us more.
please
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2005, 9:55pm by vig » IP Logged

lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #4 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 10:08pm »

Hi Erika,
I'm so sorry you are in so much pain.  
What you describe "the pain lasts for days"sounds to me like you might have clusters and migraines. I get them both sometimes at the same time and what is happening for me is the clusters get mixed up inside the migraine that lasts a long time.  And it does seem endless. Have you ever timed them? Is it one side of your head or both?

What kind of imitrex have you used...tablets or injections or nasal spray? Injections work for me when the tablets stopped.  

Also Oxygen is a great help for my head CH or Migraine. It's aborts the pain more then half the time if I catch it early. There's info about that on the vertical bar on the left you can print it out and take it to your doc.

There is lots of information here be sure to read, read. read.Another good idea is to take a look at the cluster quiz(on the left also). It might help you sort out the different kinds of HA for yourself.  

may you be Pain Free,
-lionsound
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 2nd, 2005, 4:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
It normally happens around my eyes

Both eyes or just one?

Quote:
and last for what seems like days

SEEMS likes days is not definitive enough. How long do they actually last and does the pain level fluctuate or does it remain at the same level for extended times.
IP Logged
Erika_Hanyzewski
New Board Newbie
USA 

I'm ready for summer!!

misserikamiss  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:22am »

Good Morning,
I'm going to try to answer all replies in this one post. Now I'm confused because it happens around BOTH eyes, and I have had a headache for about 3 weeks now soon days better then others. One reply said that they normally last a hour or so not days and that it normally is around one eye. The pain gets stronger, and are really bad when I lay down or try to stay still. When I was taking Imitrex it was the pill form and though it didn't work I also didn't like the way that I felt, I felt as though my face and throat were burning, and that I had something wrap around my neck. The only thing it did was put me to sleep, but about a hour after I woke up the headache returned. I hope that I have answered all your questions.
IP Logged

Thanks for listening,
Erika
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:29am »

on Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:22am, Erika_Hanyzewski wrote:
Good Morning,
I hope that I have answered all your questions.

yup, you did, but it ended up raising even more questions...
!
IP Logged

Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 2nd, 2005, 11:19am »

A good opportunity to educate your neurologist because I don't think you have cluster headaches.  Clusters are ALWAYS on only one side of the head.  They last 15 minutes to 3 hours and have to have an autonomical symptom like running nose or tearing eye.  Cluster sufferers do not lay down but rather pace, rock or perform some other agitated motion.  Cluster is also a very, very sharp pain not a throbbing type pain.

Hope you find the right name to lable your headaches with but I really don't think cluster is a correct diagnosis.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2005, 11:20am by Bob P » IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 2nd, 2005, 11:31am »

on Mar 2nd, 2005, 11:19am, Bob P wrote:
A good opportunity to educate your neurologist because I don't think you have cluster headaches.  Clusters are ALWAYS on only one side of the head.  They last 15 minutes to 3 hours and have to have an autonomical symptom like running nose or tearing eye.  Cluster sufferers do not lay down but rather pace, rock or perform some other agitated motion.  Cluster is also a very, very sharp pain not a throbbing type pain.

Hope you find the right name to lable your headaches with but I really don't think cluster is a correct diagnosis.

Agree with Bob_P. (Let's not make this a habit though, Bob!  laugh)
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss