Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 18th, 2024, 8:08am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I need your thoughts, if you can spare some »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I need your thoughts, if you can spare some
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I need your thoughts, if you can spare some  (Read 301 times)
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

I need your thoughts, if you can spare some
« on: Dec 14th, 2004, 10:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is the sencond year now that my CH has ramped up right at Christams (as it does other times of the year as well).  But right now I am getting a minimum of 6 K7 or higher right now.  It is so hard with the kids because I dont want them to remember Christmas as a time when mom was in pain all the fucking time.  

Sorry just needed somewhere to vent my frustration.  This is the part that makes me feel like I'm an awful mother and there is not s fucking thing I can do about it.  Cry

I pray that you all are PF. Blessed Yule my friends,
-Tia
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2004, 10:44am by Tiannia » IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

Re: I need your thoughts, if you can spare some
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 10:51am »

Aww Tianna.  I totally know where you are coming from.  I don't want my kids to look back and remember mom ALWAYS saying just wait a little bit for this or that cause mommy has a headache.  I don't have much advice hun except keep hanging in there, keep searching for what works for you so maybe someday you can look back at this as a distant memory.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 12:01pm »

I'm sorry you're going through so much now, Tia.I forgot how old your kids are. Take advantage of one of those PF moments and sit down w/ the little ones and explain what's going on. Tell them that you don't want this to mess with their lives, too. Most kids are more resilient than we think. Use the PF times to sing carols, tell Christmas stories, etc. Kids are easy to distract and it's important to try and distract yourself from your nightmare every now and then. Do it for you, too. The best parents are ones who strive to do the best they can...there are no perfect parents. You do your best and that's what counts.  hug
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 12:15pm »

Nani, My kids are 7 and 2.  Shara (my olderst) does understand that it is my head and not her. But I know that at times it really scares Cameron.  It is just so very hard.  

Thanks Nani and Taraann.
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 12:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm so sorry, Tianna. I'm fortunate that my daughter has never had to witness me getting hit. If I feel one coming on during the day, I can go into another room. When I get hit at night, she's asleep. The ones that happen at night are the ones that really have the potential to turn me into a headbanging madman. I hope she never wakes up and sees that... Sad

If you feel one coming on, why not pretend that you have to go to the bathroom or something, excuse yourself, and then come back when it's done?

My best to you and yours, and wishes for happy holidays,
-Frank
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 1:53pm »

Sorry T... Its so hard to be merry and celebrate and enjoy when the beast is hard at your head... We have had a few bad and not so merry Christmas' due to the beast also... Keep keepin on... and remember they will remember how strong you are and be thankful for the non painful times......... positive thoughts... Blessed Yule to you too friend.........ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Quod me nutrit me destruit.

3978676 3978676   frotteur   hirvimaki
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 2:00pm »

Warm and fuzzy PF vibes to ya, hon. Hang in there. I know how you are feeling. I thought it was hard with my wife seeing me in pain, but with Kaisa-Tinuviel I'm scared with how she will react. But that's why we have this family, no?

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Hirvimaki-Isi
IP Logged

"What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others."

nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 3:31pm »

Sorry T and everyone out there suffering rite now...My son can tell you that it was hard for him when he was younger..but that was before Imitrex came out...Thank God we do have a reprieve now....Know you all are in my thoughts and prayers...Noone should suffer at Christmas from chs, in fact, noone should have to suffer these damn things period! Maybe one day, there will be an answer for us.  Smileynancyc ps a special Christmas hug for all the kids  whose parents have to deal with chs...They need to know that we love them here at ch.com....We are one big family and that includes all of our family members that suffer along with us.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2004, 3:32pm by nancyc » IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #8 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 3:56pm »

Tianna,  
My kids(10 and 6) have seen me be in pain a lot, even in the ER... ever since they can remember. It is very hard.  

you are a great mother and a wonderful person. Even though the beast may attacking you...it is in no way the you inside!!!! Your kids know that. Even the little one. They love you!!!!

Be well and PF,
lionsound
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2004, 9:27pm by lionsound » IP Logged
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 5:01pm »

Thanks all. It helps to hear you all.  It is nice to know that I am not the only one who thinks about this.  

Jeep, It is hard to excuse yourself, when you are the one taking care fo the kids. I cant exactly lock myself in a room and wait for it to stop. Especially whe the trex does not help (like I got hit Sunday.  Trex would not abort it. Scared the fuck out of me, cause I dont know what I would do if that stopped helping.  

I try so hard to be strong, but it is hard when they hear me crying and screaming into a pillow because of the pain.  All I can do it give thema hug after wards and hope that they know how much I love them.  
 Cry
-Tia
IP Logged

Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 5:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Cry I'm so sorry, Tia. It's truly a shame that the beast has no sense of decorum or reverence for special days... One of my worst hits ever, my wife and I were out for dinner on our anniversary. I absolutely HAD to pace, so I excused myself and went for a brisk, 15-minute walk, and came back with my eye looking like I'd gone a couple of rounds with Lennox Lewis. Real romantic...  Tongue Angry

Hang in there... I'd spare you a thought if I could, but the last one I had died of loneliness.  Wink

Seriously, though: You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I wish you and your family the best holiday ever!  hug

-Frank
IP Logged
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

new hampster "eat seeds or die"

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 5:34pm »

Ouch! trex didn't work??? Thats bad.. me too sorry to read of it, and for you... Mac
IP Logged

When all else fails read the instructions.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 5:35pm »

I liked a suggestion Nani came up with a while back about giving the kids colouring pens and paper and getting them to draw how they see you and how they feel.. maybe get them to draw their inventions of how to "trap" the beast or scare him away..
I do know how you feel though, its awful to have your kids see you in pain. Us parents are supposed to be invincible in kids eyes and when we aren't they feel very vulnerable. Giving them the chance to use their imagination to get rid of the beast might help.. I hope so hug
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 6:19pm »

on Dec 14th, 2004, 5:35pm, LeLimey wrote:
I liked a suggestion Nani came up with a while back about giving the kids colouring pens and paper and getting them to draw how they see you and how they feel.. maybe get them to draw their inventions of how to "trap" the beast or scare him away..
Giving them the chance to use their imagination to get rid of the beast might help.. I hope so hug

That is a good idea.  Think it really might be good for my 7 yr old cause I think there are times when she holds it in. She will come up and put her hand on my head and ask the God and Goddess to make it better. And you know that even makes me cry harder.  

Fuck here come the sweats to about to get hit again. Fuck... Fuck .... Fuck....
IP Logged

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 6:22pm »

Take care Tia, I'm so sorry you are hurting and I wish there was something I could do to help
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 7:18pm »

My daughter likes to have ice like me.  I always have to make an extra bag or frozen washcloth for her too.  Breaks my heart a little.  But she thinks she is the coolest with her ice lol.  Just thought I'd throw that one out there for ya.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #16 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 9:24pm »

CryI know how you feel Tia, my little one is almost seven breaks my heart.... hug

Thinking of you and your family....
IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #17 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 9:39pm »

Sorry to hear this Tia - I know it's rough with little ones -maybe Santa could bring you a PF time!

Hugs to you
Carol
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss