Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 9:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Verapamil and body weight »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Verapamil and body weight
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Verapamil and body weight  (Read 208 times)
becky8

Email

Verapamil and body weight
« on: Oct 6th, 2004, 12:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I never saw this question before. Does your body weight have anything to do with the dosage of verapamil you start out at? I weight 110 pounds, and my Neuro (who doesn't know anything) would only give 120 mg to start. It was I who wanted to go on it to begin with. He was surprised by me wanting to go on it. He finally agreed but only would give me 120mg. I see the quack in 2 weeks. Called a different Neuro yesterday who knows headahes and is an hour away. Can't see her til FEB!!! So I guess I have see the useless one and Dr. myself, if I can get him to give what I need. Does anyone know this???
IP Logged
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

Re: Verapamil and body weight
« Reply #1 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 12:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Becky, my doctor was just as cautious, I needed to educate him a whole lot with info from this site and others about verap as I had to wait for my neuro visit as well, education and information is knowledge and power.... my gp would only put me up to 240 due to my body weight(under 100 pounds) but I continued to educate him and work with him, am now and have been for a while at 640....Best of luck and consult with your doctor...

Pain free wishes your way!
IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

Valerie
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Verapamil and body weight
« Reply #2 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 12:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I don't know but I was wondering the same thing.  I'm taking 160mg but was prescribed 240.  The 240 makes me feel very lightheaded and faint - it scares me.  The 160 isn't doing anything for me so I'm at a loss.  I see my new neuro in Nov - I'm hoping they are gone by then.

Have you tried the prednisone taper?  I did it and it kept the headaches away for a few days, but they came back as soon as the taper started - I don't know if I'll try it again.

Good luck,

Valerie
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss