Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « oxygen and imitrex »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   oxygen and imitrex
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: oxygen and imitrex  (Read 263 times)
elaine8488
New Board Newbie
USA 

CH r the pits

elaine8488   elaine8488

oxygen and imitrex
« on: Oct 5th, 2004, 11:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,
  My first time posting, I'm 43,,female and have had clusters since 18. I have tried many different therapies, and am  in month 7 of this cycle, after 3yrs of none.I use oxygen @7-8 liters a minute at the FIRST sign of an attack. It's effective for me 75-80% of the time IF it is used very quickly. Imitrex is my back-up, and works 90% of the time for me.Onlty being allowed 6 injections a month has posed a problem and am searching for a preventative method. I am also an LPN and have been researching clusters for 25 years. In the early years I met many a Dr. with much indifference for cluster.I was told I'm depressed,"Its all in my head" DUH! and met with many other adverse reactions. I now see a VA Dr and he researched these headaches to try and help me. I pray someday more Drs will  educate themselves to cluster and understand the PAIN that is experienced with them. Smiley
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

Re: oxygen and imitrex
« Reply #1 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 11:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome Elaine,

Sounds like you've got the right stuff for kicking the Beasts' ass. I know what you mean about the low amount of monthly Trex. Glad the 02 works most of the time. Do you know about splitting Trex ? If not, check the Imitrex tip to the left of this page.

Keep edumicating them docs. Some day they will understand Clusters.

Good luck to you & PF vibes coming your way. Hang in there Elaine.
IP Logged
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wait 5 days, but I'm angry now...

Paintba11z

« Reply #2 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 8:50am »

I hear ya with the indifference.  Have gone to many a neuro and gp, with the same blank look on their face.  Stockpile your trex when you aren't in cycle and look into verap as a preventitive.  Works wonders for a lot of people.  Hope you find some relief, soon!

T
IP Logged

"America, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. America, America."-Bart Simpson
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #3 on: Oct 6th, 2004, 8:55am »

Elaine,

Since being shorthanded on the trex, try a higher flow regulator on the oxygen.  A lot of doctor research mentions the adequate flow to be 8Lpm, but most of us abort the headache better at 12Lpm, some 10Lpm, some 15Lpm.  That seems to have a lot more effectiveness.

Welcome

Kevin M
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2004, 8:56am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss