Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 25th, 2024, 8:33pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « its back »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   its back
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: its back  (Read 366 times)
hotprestwich
New Board Junior
England 

Fuck the devil

Email

its back
« on: Oct 2nd, 2004, 1:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi  Guys,
well ive been pain free for almost 2 years, but last week the beast returned ,  im getting 1- 2 hits a night ,   i used to eat paracetamol  like  candy, i would always think that they worked as the cluster would  go in 30 - 40 mins  what i realised is that  it goes wheather i eat pain killers or not, (i suppose thats a good thing)
i tried o2 and that seemed to work  but last night it felt like it  made it  worse,  dont know what to try as i´m not home in england to see any doctors, but actually living in mexico,(camping on the beach) the only way i got o2 is because i work as a diver out here,
thanks for your time , i will be visiting this website often now that the beast is back. pokeeye
IP Logged

In heaven there is no beer so why not drink it while we´re here
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: its back
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2nd, 2004, 5:35pm »

sorry you're here  Cry  and welcome. You'll find lots of helpful info here. I have a question - what is paracetamol? I don't think I've ever heard of it. Good luck.  hug
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
don

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 2nd, 2004, 7:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
i will be visiting this website often now that the beast is back

You could also continue to visit when the beast isn't back to support the one's who adopt him from you.
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 2nd, 2004, 7:47pm »

Good one, Don!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
netniet
New Board Junior

going to the headbangersbal

« Reply #4 on: Oct 3rd, 2004, 2:01pm »

Parcetamol is a asprine. works wel on a regular HA or a hangover Grin.
IP Logged
Ronny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Belgium 

Yabba Dabba Doo

maximus_imperius  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 3rd, 2004, 2:08pm »

on Oct 2nd, 2004, 1:30pm, hotprestwich wrote:
i used to eat paracetamol  like  candy

i tried o2 and that seemed to work  but last night it felt like it  made it  worse

Hi,

I used to do the exact same thing, paracetamol is a regular painkiller and wont do shit for CH.  

About the O2: are you using a non rebreather mask, i dont know which masks divers use. And are you using the right flow rate? Check out the "oxygen info" button on the left.

Ronny.

Edited to change right into left (third time i do this)
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2004, 2:10pm by Ronny » IP Logged

Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.
hotprestwich
New Board Junior
England 

Fuck the devil

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 3rd, 2004, 10:21pm »

Hi,
yeah i read up on the o2 thing and no its not the mask that the site describes but just a normal divers regulator that is o2 clean ,  i´ll try and see if i can get the mask as ive got plenty of access to o2, do you think thats gonna make a big difference, got hit 4 times last night every 2 hours with a big wopper at the end i got ,  3  that were not so painfull but enough to wake me from sleep but no dancing untill the final one, had shadows all day, ive also got a cold and  for some reason the opposite nostril has become bunged up rather than the one  on the same side of the face, has anyone  ever experienced this?  
i never useully get hit more than once a night  and i´m wondering if the cold is having anything to do with getting hit more often ,
thanks for your support guys and yes i´ll keep visiting the site after my cycle is over, i guess i kinda do the ignorant thing and hope that they never return, once i´m pain free but who am i kidding, i know i got em forever  Embarassed  
wishing everyone pain free days and nights
Dave
IP Logged

Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Oct 4th, 2004, 8:19am »

Dave,
     See if you can be the safety guy on the boat or the gopher for awhile. Diving and the pressure changes may be causing the HA's to be worse than usual. Are you breathing pure 02?  
     You can also try going for a run or any exercisies that get the blood pumping. This will work for me nearly all the time.
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 4th, 2004, 9:31am »

Quote:
who am i kidding, i know i got em forever    

Somewhere in the middle of a three year remission I suggested to my neuro that maybe they are gone for good.

He chuckled and handed me a script for imitrex and said "here, stock up for the hell of it".
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 4th, 2004, 11:20am »

on Oct 2nd, 2004, 1:30pm, hotprestwich wrote:
i tried o2 and that seemed to work  but last night it felt like it  made it  worse,  dont know what to try as i´m not home in england to see any doctors, but actually living in mexico,(camping on the beach) the only way i got o2 is because i work as a diver out here,  
thanks for your time , i will be visiting this website often now that the beast is back.

Are you using 100% O2 or compressed air?  I am asking because I am wondering what link there is between diving and O2.

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Jonny

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 4th, 2004, 5:17pm »

on Oct 4th, 2004, 11:20am, Prense wrote:
Are you using 100% O2 or compressed air?  I am asking because I am wondering what link there is between diving and O2.

Chris

LOL...Ya beat me to it, Prense Grin

From what I read hes breathing from a scuba tank......compressed air is all that is.

Hotpres, you need to get some real 02, even if its just welding 02.....its much better than that crap your using now.

.........................................jonny
IP Logged
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Oct 4th, 2004, 5:24pm »

Deep dives require a mix of pure o2 and I'm not sure what else. The deeper you go the purer the o2. Its not unheard of for a commercial dive shop to produce their own O2 Embarassed
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 4th, 2004, 8:28pm »

Quote:
who am i kidding, i know i got em forever  

Well.......I had mine for 22 years but in 1991, they disappeared. So it looks that maybe we don't necessarily have them forever. I wish the same for everyone.

Hope you get a break soon.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 12:17am »

Hopefully you can get to a doc down there I here the Trex is lots cheaper. Nitrogen for deep dives I think.
Hope you get feelin better mix alittle caffeine with the aspirin. Temporary fix for when in a jamb.
BB
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #14 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 4:23am »

Trex is less than $30 per shot down there and the pills are dirt cheap. And you don't need a script... But not all farmacias carry the shots.
IP Logged

Chris
hotprestwich
New Board Junior
England 

Fuck the devil

Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 12:56pm »

HI guys,
its me again, to answer a few questions i have NOT been breathing compressed air it has been 100 per cent o2 as us divers need o2 to decompress after a long deep dive you can only use it to a max opperating depth of 20 feet other wise it will kill you once you take the gas deeper, i fill my bottle from a big green bottle of  medical grade o2,  the only difference is the regulator that you breath from its a divers reg as the full face mask will not work in the water, also i´m not a normal open water sport diver, i´m a cave diver and so i dont work on boats in fact i have´nt dived in the ocean for about 3 years, i´m also a certified tec , and tri mix diver, wich  gives me the licence i need to use gas mixes up to 100 per cent o2, i have access to helium nitrogen and o2 and i can blend you any mix of gas that is desired depending whats  needed .  
i have found in the past that diving for me anyway is not a trigger for c h, i get hit in the early hours of the morn and when its daylight they dont come again till i fall asleep at night. right now i have a cold wich is not going away fast but has me blocked up all day so i cannot equalise  therefore cannot dive, Embarassed
i could probably try and get hold of the imetrex but then once i start taking it i would not be able to dive as it sounds that its kinda bad for your hart, i have to dive here its my living i do it all year round. right now the combo of clusters and having a cold has taken its toll on my  job and my relationship, i cant talk to my girlfrreind about it as she gets sick of me talking about my h a so much.
i´m not so clued up on trex what dose it do for you dont you feel the headaches anymore and pills, what pills can i take the only thing that seems to help me right now are coffee and cigs, sounds mad but it eases the pain, a little,
wishing everyone pain free days and nights,
Dave
IP Logged

Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #16 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 1:19pm »

Dave,
     Triptans like Imitrex or Zomig can have some pretty serious consequences if taken incorrectly. Probably not a good idea unless you know what to do with them. People here can share their experiences with you but you really need a doc to prescribe them for you and to give you a heads up.
     Since you ve' already got one of the best abortives available in O2 then try and get hold of the proper set up and it may do the trick. Caffiene definately helps me.
     Forget about the paid pills there useless for CH.
     Melatonin, a nonscript suppliment, seems to work for alot of people in stopping the nightime hits.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss