Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 4:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Remission at last »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Remission at last
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Remission at last  (Read 384 times)
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

Remission at last
« on: Sep 27th, 2004, 1:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have went 4 days now without a CH and only a couple of light shadows.  Its still to early to tell but I think the beast is finally back in its cage.  It's hard to describe the joy I have felt these last 4 days, but I know you all understand.  I want to thank everyone for their help and support.  I found this website this cycle and words can't describe how much it has helped.  You all are the best.  I wish everyone a PFDAN.  God bless you all.
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Remission at last
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27th, 2004, 2:32pm »

Thats Good news Smiley ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY Cheesy
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27th, 2004, 6:27pm »

OK.Please share your seceret.Was it God that helped with your remission?Or is it a medication(s).I've been praying to God for a long time to give me some relief,and he doesn't here me.D Winkavid
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27th, 2004, 9:05pm »

SSHHHHHHHH don't want to wake him... Wink
enjoy it  

E.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Jaime
New Board Newbie
USA 

Is this your ice pick stuck in my skull?

« Reply #4 on: Sep 28th, 2004, 12:49am »

Congratulations!  I am having a similar experience. I had my last certain CH on Friday morning.  It was like a light switch just turned them off.  I was going to get on the board tonight and start a new thread about how episodes end.  I've read a lot about how they start and how we suffer during them, but no descriptions of how they end.  

After 8 weeks of getting nailed, with the last 4 weeks spent in the comforting company of this board, I'm more than giddy to have been completely pain free for 3 days.

What I am uncertain about is - should I keep taking the verapamil?  When do I stop?  I don't know if the drug therapy is what brought on the end, or if it is just the natural end of an episode.  Knock on wood (pounding my head  Wink) I never have them again, or at least not for years and years.
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

Remission, that's all it is......
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29th, 2004, 8:13am »

Quote:
never have them again, or at least not for years and years.

BZZZZZZZZTTT.

Wrong answer, Jamie. It's a hope we all share, but that's all it is........a HOPE.

If you suffer from CH, you have a CHRONIC ailment. You get some time off, but it Doesn't Go Away.......it WILL be back. If not sooner, than later. Too many people do their damnedest to get thru a cycle, then FORGET ABOUT IT. That's the wrong way to approach CH.....and smacks pretty damned close to DENIAL.

The most important thing you need to do is ACCEPT the fact that you have CH.....but accepting isn't enough. You need to EMBRACE this disorder, and carry it with you every single day for the rest of your life. Never leave home w/o a pocket triptan as a constant reminder. Even if it's not needed today, it WILL be needed one day in the future. Never let yourself forget that. Remission is nothing more than a PF break that gives you time to prepare for the next onslaught. Line up your doc and your meds for the next go-around today, or you'll wind up right back at the Wailing Wall, gnashing your teeth and rending your hair in a state of agony that you should have been Fully Prepared to Negotiate. Anything else is a form of denial, and......well......just plain stupid. Plan ahead, because planning is everything when it comes to CH.

We're all chronic,
RJ

Oh....yeah....stick with the verapamil for a while. Taper down over the next few weeks. If it's NOT time to quit, you'll be the first to know
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2004, 10:32am by Mr. Happy » IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 29th, 2004, 12:48pm »

6 days and counting.  Its so nice to get some sleep and get some work done.  I dont mean to rub it in but Im absolutely giddy at the moment.

Best Wishes to All,
ArC
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Jaime
New Board Newbie
USA 

Is this your ice pick stuck in my skull?

« Reply #7 on: Sep 30th, 2004, 10:29pm »

I don't remember the link,  but I got it from a thread somewhere on this site, about a recent long term study of a large group of 1st time CH sufferers.  The majority of those studied had one episode,  and at least during the time of the study did not have any further episodes. A significant percentage had a second episode,  a smaller percentage had more than one additional episode,  and a small percentage were chronic.

The studies seem to show that most folks have one period of attacks,  and then are through with it. I won't apologizing for hoping that I belong to that group. Only time will tell, of course.  I do appreciate the suggestion to taper off the verapamil.  I was at 240 mg twice a day.  I did 3 days at 240 mg, 3 days at 120 mg, and have been verapamil free for 2 days now.   I'm with Arcane - I had forgotten how nice it is to sleep at night.

I still haven't seen any other episodic sufferers share how their bouts end.  Is it typical that the headaches go off like a light switch?  Do some folks have the attacks slowly fade over a few days or weeks?  I expect the attacks always come on like a freight train at full speed.  That much seems obvious.
IP Logged
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 4th, 2004, 8:11am »

Dealing with CH's is a personal choice.
I agree with Mr. Happy on a few things, and disagree on some others. Yea, I believe its kind of stupid not to get your ducks in a row while pain free. I now have Meds in all of the places that i frequents, ie... Work, Car, and of course my house. Ain't likely a CH will catch me unaware. But, After that. I totally distanced myself from the Daily pain of CH's. Life is too precious to spend it worrying about when your next episode will come. And if you are chronic, Then your choices are different than mine.
Never live your life in fear, Easier said than done!

Patrick
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2004, 8:13am by Patrick_A » IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
don

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 4th, 2004, 9:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The CH geru over in England says no. Stop the verapamil about 2 weeks after your last hit.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss