Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 6:46pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What now?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What now??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What now??  (Read 240 times)
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

What now??
« on: Sep 20th, 2004, 7:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Seeing family Dr. Fri. am and need a plan to find something to use as a cycle buster.I can't take any of the triptans due to heart attack.Use O2 and it works about 70% of the time,but when I get too far into the CH it fails to help.Tried narcotic pain meds.,but they seem to make the pain worse.Any suggestions???HELP!David
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
Jonny

Email

Re: What now??
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 7:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Start with verapamil......if that dont work add some Lithium.....Its a chronics cocktail but it also works for episodics

Good luck

................................jonny
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 7:17pm »

on Sep 20th, 2004, 7:05pm, toolong wrote:
Seeing family Dr. Fri. am and need a plan to find something to use as a cycle buster.I can't take any of the triptans due to heart attack.Use O2 and it works about 70% of the time,but when I get too far into the CH it fails to help.Tried narcotic pain meds.,but they seem to make the pain worse.Any suggestions???HELP!David

Sorry your suffering dude!!

As far as your question of abortives (triptans) I don't know of any other than Oxygen (which you are successfully using @ a high %),

As far as your cycle buster... have you used steroids? or are you on any preventatives? "Preventatives" are used to knock down the cycle or atleast to knock down the frequency and intensity.

Do you get them @ night? Have you tried melatonin? It's been a blessing for many including myself @ getting rid of the nocturnal visitor.

Will get you a link to different meds...

Good luck and hope you catch a break.

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 7:38pm »

Take melatonin at night and it does help with sleep.Tried the Lithium but stoned me out pretty bad.(got to work and can't do it stoned).Maybe I didn't give it a long enough try.I was on Inderal but Dr.switched it to Nadolol 120mg.and Voltaren 150mg.David
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
Jonny

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 8:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Sep 20th, 2004, 7:38pm, toolong wrote:
Tried the Lithium but stoned me out pretty bad.(got to work and can't do it stoned)

Man, Ive been taking 600 mgs of Lithium everyday for 12 years and running my company.

You must have been taking the really good Lith.......LOL Grin

..............................................jonny
IP Logged
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wait 5 days, but I'm angry now...

Paintba11z

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 8:08pm »

There is Verapamil and Topamax (check the spelling).  Those are also front line prevents.  O2 and ice packs if you can't do the triptains.  Check the meds forum, some new stuff there that may help.  Ask your doc about trigger point injections.  They knocked out the frequency for a few days for me.  I knew they wouldn't work long term for me because I burn novacain pretty quickly, but I get 4 days of good results.  

T
IP Logged

"America, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. America, America."-Bart Simpson
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 8:23pm »

Hi - sorry you're suffering!

Here's the link that helped me the most.  I just printed it out and took it to my doc.  It's now a part of my permanent record (my doc loves it!)

http://www.future-drugs.com/admin/articlefile/ERN020304.PDF

We're all different, but something in here just might do the trick!

Good Wishes and Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss