Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 2:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I am new, but not new to CHs. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I am new, but not new to CHs.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I am new, but not new to CHs.  (Read 754 times)
lana_banana
New Board Newbie
USA 

Da Bears!

I am new, but not new to CHs.
« on: Sep 6th, 2004, 10:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just started another cycle. It really sucks, but it has been over 15 months since my last. I guess I should at least be grateful for that. It really sucks because I just started a new job 2 months ago and am nervous that I will start missing work. And if that's not bad enough, I am currently without health insurance and just moved to the Milwaukee area a few months ago, and I don't have a doctor here right now. Major bummer. But what can I do I guess? No oxygen for me, hopefully my cycle will be short. I will be ayiong many prayers I guess.  

Lana
IP Logged
ShaneWJordan
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: I am new, but not new to CHs.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 6th, 2004, 11:49pm »

Lana,

Hey I had CH's and found a great herbal aromotherapy that worked great for me.  You may try looking into that.

Shane Jordan
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Sep 6th, 2004, 11:56pm »

Okay - are you going to share the aromatherapy blend? Some of us will try just about anything...I work with essential oils - I have a soap and bodycare business- I haven't come across a blend yet...
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
ShaneWJordan
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 12:06am »

I suprisingly found it on ebay.  Its for migraines but I used it for CH's.  Here the link where i order mine.  Its been the only thing I have ran across that has provided any type of relief for me.  http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5505 267240&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I hope it will help you as it did me.  I hope you can get to that I dont know how to link.

Shane Jordan
IP Logged
KanKan
New Board Newbie
USA 

sabres78   RidiKUB

« Reply #4 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 12:20am »

funny enough, the person who replied, lives in the same city as the person who is selling it on ebay....
IP Logged

Pain
People Think they know Pain
They know so little.
How can you explain Pain.
Its an Emptyness, A Hatred and Loss.
Its InDescribable.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 12:26am »

Thanks Shane ...I'm going to try it. Smiley
IP Logged

ShaneWJordan
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 12:34am »

CHeck my feedback @@ conspiracy theories everywhere.  Yea so I had to pay sales tax 9.25% BTW my ebay that I posted feedback was willshanejordan

Shane Jordan
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 2:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nani

I'm sure it's lovely stuff and will smell great, but personally, I'd put it in the bath, because I know for sure it won't stop cluster headaches for me or about 99.99% of the people here (except Shane that is)

Wendy
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2004, 2:09am by pubgirl » IP Logged
ShaneWJordan
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 2:14am »

Wendy,

Im not trying to sell Nani anything, just simply stating what has worked the best for me.  This is a message board right.  I am not a doctor.  I just know I've tried everything and this worked for me.  I've taken every drug on the market and all they have helped me is to give me rebound headaches. I'm not going to get into a silly debate with you.  Im sure if Nani has dealt with essential oil she knows the bennifits of going the herbal route.

Shane Jordan
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 2:26am »

on Sep 7th, 2004, 2:14am, ShaneWJordan wrote:
Wendy,

Im not trying to sell Nani anything, just simply stating what has worked the best for me.  This is a message board right.  I am not a doctor.  I just know I've tried everything and this worked for me.  I've taken every drug on the market and all they have helped me is to give me rebound headaches. I'm not going to get into a silly debate with you.  Im sure if Nani has dealt with essential oil she knows the bennifits of going the herbal route.

Shane Jordan

If you are not selling anything, why not post about your condition and your symptoms and introduce yourself first, rather than almost immediately post a link to a selling source?

It is NOT silly debate, and you have every right to post what works for you, the same as I have every right to point out to new people that Cluster headaches don't respond to herbal treatments. They make you feel better, they may even make a few attacks feel better, but nothing beyond chance or the placebo effect,
they they won't abort or prevent the pain.

If Nani want to try it, that's her choice, but she needs to be aware that if she is going to spend her money, the chances of your miracle herbal remedy helping are almost nil

Wendy
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2004, 2:26am by pubgirl » IP Logged
synergy
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

There is a rainbow out there somewhere....

« Reply #10 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 3:49am »

The only advantage with the herbal stuff is that you can smell nice during an attack!

Do these people think we are stupid or what - as if we havnt got down this route before.
IP Logged

The fastest thing on 2 legs is the toddler you have just taken your eyes off!
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

« Reply #11 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 11:25am »

DAMN dose this guy sound just like chopper or was it the other one that was not selling anything from mesma or something like that.

The verbage seems the same to me.

"Im not trying to sell Nani anything, just simply stating what has worked the best for me.  "    ?????????

An Andaconda is a  _ _ _ _ _

Stuff in ground in Iraq  _ _ _

Stuff that dosen't work but is being hawked as a it dose.

2 words   _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _

Jonny would you like to give it a try?????

farmboy
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2004, 11:33am by farmboy » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #12 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 11:51am »

Thank you all for your concern. Kiss I realize that there are lots of snake oil vendors out there. I actually read the label on the product description, and because I have all the aromatherapy oils already(I have a small soap business) was going to try my own mix. I'll still pretty much try anything -  but will not spend a lot doing so. I don't have much Cry
IP Logged

FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #13 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 12:47pm »

Lana_banana,

welcome to clusterville, sorry you had to get hit with a snake-oil recommendation right out of the box. Please try to understand this jerk has been trying to hawk his shit under different names for the past few weeks, and we can't seem to get rid of him.

There are a few clusterheads in your area. Maybe they will chime in. I understand being without health insurance really sucks. Here's a couple things you can do even without health insurance:

1) Try melatonin - lot's of real sufferers here report success with this for putting a stop to the night attacks. It's available over the counter - I believe recommended dosages are anywhere from 3 mg to 9 mg, but please do a search on it here for more information.

2) Get welder's o2. Again, lots of info available here on this. Welder's o2 is identical to medical o2 and doesn't require a doctors prescription, plus it's lot's cheaper. Definitely look into this. Great alternative if you have no insurance.

3) Do NOT try some stupid aromatherapy and/or diet supplement. READ CAREFULLY as much as you can here and at the OUCH web site and you should be able to sort out the real information from the bad information quite easily.

Good luck in your battles with the beast and I hope you find some relief soon.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
floridian

Email

« Reply #14 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 2:10pm »

FZfan is right.  Try melatonin. Try welder's Oxygen.  Try B-vitamins and magnesium. Consider the clusterbuster treatment.  These all have a proven track record - they don't help everyone, but they help enough people that you should try them first.
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2004, 2:11pm by floridian » IP Logged
lana_banana
New Board Newbie
USA 

Da Bears!

« Reply #15 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 2:22pm »

Thanks all for your concern. I am trying to see if my old doctor from my hometown will call in a Rx for prednisone without having to actually see him in his office. At least prednisone is cheap and might give me some relief. It has a few times in the past broke up a cycle, but not always. I will look into the welders o2, though I have never heard of it. I will also try melatonin. I agree, it doesn't hurt to try. I will bypass the ebay, herbal concoction. Thanks again!

Lana
IP Logged
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 3:48pm »

on Sep 7th, 2004, 11:51am, nani wrote:
(I have a small soap business)

Nani,  

So you're a saponificator!  Man I love that word!  I don't know why, it just sounds cool.

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #17 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 4:31pm »

well Clarence - I've been called a lot of things before, but never been called that... it is a cool word though.  Wink
and it describes me perfectly!
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2004, 4:32pm by nani » IP Logged

Genoman
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #18 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 5:14pm »

Lana, you say you are afraid of missing work? Do your attacks overlap with your working hours? The only reason I ask is mine always show up after I at home from work or in the middle of the night. I am lucky enough to where I only lose some sleep. Sure I have to drag myself out of bed some mornings but at least I don't look like a crazy SOB working around the office. <<<Knocking on wood>>>
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2004, 5:18pm by Genoman » IP Logged
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #19 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 6:18pm »

on Sep 7th, 2004, 2:22pm, lana_banana wrote:
I will look into the welders o2, though I have never heard of it.

Apparently, lots of doctors are not aware of it either, but trust me, roughly 80% of us find at least some level of relief with oxygen but it has to be used correctly. High flow rate (10 - 15 lpm) breathed through a non-rebreather mask for 10 to 20 minutes. Check out the oxygen link on the menu to the left.

Personally, I LOVE it. It's like liquid gold to me. Definitely give it a try.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #20 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 6:55pm »

on Sep 6th, 2004, 11:49pm, ShaneWJordan wrote:
Lana,
Hey I had CH's and found a great herbal aromotherapy that worked great for me.  You may try looking into that.

Shane Jordan

You HAD Cluster Headaches ? Are you saying that your aromas cured you ?  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #21 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 6:57pm »

Oh Gawd!

Don't start him off again Grin

Wendy
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #22 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 7:01pm »

on Sep 7th, 2004, 6:57pm, pubgirl wrote:
Oh Gawd!

Don't start him off again Grin

Wendy

Sorry Wendy, couldn't resist.
 Cry
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #23 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 7:20pm »

on Sep 7th, 2004, 11:25am, farmboy wrote:
Jonny would you like to give it a try?????

You kidding me Farm Dude?.......LOL Grin

Lets see if we can get some entertainment before I pull this plug Grin

.................................jonny
IP Logged
lana_banana
New Board Newbie
USA 

Da Bears!

« Reply #24 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 9:29pm »

Yeah, I get my headaches in the middle of the day sometimes. I have gottne them at just about any time of the day. They ususually come about 3-6 am in the morning but last week I got one at about 8 am. I am supposed to be at work at nine, and mine always last about an hour or so. Lucky me!  I got my first CH when I was 17 and am now 26. I bought some melatonin tonite, so we shall see how the night goes. Thanks all for the advice.

Lana
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss