Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 2:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « For those who gave me med advice quickly »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   For those who gave me med advice quickly
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: For those who gave me med advice quickly  (Read 225 times)
davebrick
New Board Junior
Canada 

Yogi_Bear

For those who gave me med advice quickly
« on: Sep 4th, 2004, 11:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I saw my doctor yesterday and we decided to go with the imitrex nasal spray. Also a perscription for some 02.  

I had an attack this morning and did the nasal spray. I was really happy to find out that my headache was gone in 15 minutes and relief started after the first 10 minutes. Usually I am hair pulling and icing for an hour waiting for pills to kick in.  

The only draw back is the price. I paid $92.00 for 6 shots of Imitrex. So in closing I would like to thank all  
that repied and gave me the advice that I needed quickly.  

Cheers to all and I hope that all of you have the sucess that I have had this morning.  

Dave
IP Logged
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

Re: For those who gave me med advice quickly
« Reply #1 on: Sep 4th, 2004, 12:03pm »

That's great to hear, Dave. There's nothing like the feeling of relief from an oncoming cluster attack. Hopefully, the o2 will help reduce the need for the expensive triptan.

Be sure to use it correctly - high flow rate, non-rebreather mask.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: For those who gave me med advice quickly
« Reply #2 on: Sep 4th, 2004, 1:24pm »

Hey Dave,

Read the "imitrex tip" link to the <<<<<<<<left of the board.

IT appears that for many of us relief can come form less than a full injection. So for those of us who can not get the injections in vile and have the auto injectors this tip has been helpful in stretching the number of injections we are able to take and killing more headaches for much less money.

It has been a fantastic help!!

Also see if your doc can get you free samples. If your lucky your doc will stock you up.

Best and good luck!

Eric

Sorry... after re-reading I think that you meant "shots" as Nasal Sprays. If so keep this info if ever in need lol
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2004, 1:25pm by E-Double » IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss