Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 25th, 2024, 3:12am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 19 year clusterhead now drug free! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   19 year clusterhead now drug free!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 19 year clusterhead now drug free!  (Read 3965 times)
floridian

Email

Re: 19 year clusterhead now drug free!
« Reply #75 on: Sep 5th, 2004, 10:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
J Invest Dermatol. 2001 Sep;117(3):725-30.  

Inhibition of neurogenic inflammation by the Amazonian herbal medicine sangre de grado.

Miller MJ, Vergnolle N, McKnight W, Musah RA, Davison CA, Trentacosti AM, Thompson JH, Sandoval M, Wallace JL.

Department of Pediatrics, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York, New York 12208, USA. millermj@mail.amc.edu

This study was designed to determine if the Amazonian medicinal sangre de grado, confers benefit by suppressing the activation of sensory afferent nerves. METHODS: (i) vasorelaxation of rat mesenteric arteries in response to calcitonin gene-related peptide; (ii) rat paw edema in response to protease- activating peptide receptor 2-activating peptide; (iii) rat paw hyperalgesia in response to low-dose protease-activating peptide receptor 2-activating peptide or prostaglandin E2; (iv) gastric hyperemia in response luminal capsaicin; (v) a clinical trial of a sangre de grado balm in pest control workers. The parent botanical was fractionated for evaluation of potential active components. In preconstricted rat mesenteric arteries, highly diluted sangre de grado (1:10,000) caused a shift to the right of the calcitonin gene-related peptide dose-response curve (p < 0.01). Paw edema in response to protease-activating peptide receptor 2-activating peptide (500 microg) was reduced by as single topical administration sangre de grado balm (1% concentration, p < 0.01) for at least 6 h. Hyperalgesia induced by either low-dose protease-activating peptide receptor 2-activating peptide (50 microg) or prostaglandin E2 was prevented by sangre de grado balm. A fraction possessing analgesic and capsaicin antagonistic properties was isolated and high-performance liquid chromatography and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry analysis indicated that it was a proanthocyandin oligomer. In pest control workers, sangre de grado balm (Zangrado) was preferred over placebo, for the relief of itching, pain, discomfort, edema, and redness in response to wasps, fire ants, mosquitoes, bees, cuts, abrasions, and plant reactions. Subjects reported relief within minutes. We conclude that sangre de grado is a potent inhibitor of sensory afferent nerve mechanisms and supports its ethnomedical use for disorders characterized by neurogenic inflammation.
IP Logged
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #76 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 9:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just read this whole thread. One word:

AMAZING!

.......................................alley Shocked
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #77 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 1:03pm »

hmmm, I kept thinking of a different word. It's currently the title of Penn & Teller's show on Showtime.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #78 on: Sep 8th, 2004, 12:14am »

on Sep 5th, 2004, 10:01am, floridian wrote:
Did I cheese you off?  That's funny, I thought I have been more sympathetic and open minded than most.  Maybe my memory needs refreshing. Yeah, I whine, they whine, and YOU whine.  But I'm not here to defend the group-think.  I want to solve a puzzle that causes so much pain.  If you are in the same boat, then maybe you do too.  But you need to grow a thicker skin, and read Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people."  

I want a solution to the puzzle too Floridian! Like you, I'm not here to defend the group think. I also agree that the guy was awfully thin skinned.  

Like I said, I'm not here to defend the group think, but it bothers me when someone is run off that just might have something valuable to say and maybe even, God forbid, something we could learn! One of the most valuable lessons learned in life is that we don't know it all! We all learn it. Sometimes unfortunately, I think we tend to forget this lesson. It's a shame because the outcome is almost always the same. Instead of broadening our horizons, we narrow them.

I said that I found this string amazing. I'll tell you why. The guy, whoever he was, tried to articulate his experiences, theories and even feelings to a bunch of total strangers. One can question his motives. Maybe he is just pedantic and likes to hear himself expound on his thoughts. Or just maybe, he was trying to articulate his ideas and experience in hopes of initiating a meaningful dialogue instead of massaging his ego. The fact that he chose to go about it in such a long winded fashion, I suppose he felt, was the only way he could fully convey his message. At least to me that's what he seemed to be saying.

He also stated vehemently more than once that he was not here to sell anything. If he was lying about that and there was in fact a hook, I totally missed it.

I believe chopper did in fact, start the name calling. Like Floridian said, he needs to grow a thicker skin. But I gotta tell you, I don't know about anyone else but it took me quite a while to get up the nerve to post on these boards and I think I'm about as thick skinned as they come!

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but so be it- flame away! I got it off my chest and I feel better. You just never know where a contribution to better understanding this disease may come from. I don't like shutting doors before they've had a chance to open.

twocents

.................................alley
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #79 on: Sep 8th, 2004, 12:34am »

I'm with you alley oop. twocents
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #80 on: Sep 8th, 2004, 2:36pm »

on Sep 8th, 2004, 12:34am, nani wrote:
I'm with you alley oop. twocents

Ditto...

I think the only thing that I said on this thread was to "try" to be clearer and concise. It was more advice than anyhting else because of the experiences I had in the beginning Wink  
When we're in cycle many are very quip and can jump down eachother's throat.
I certainly have a thick skin but at the same time it is sometimes difficult to read and gather the tone of some people's replies.

What I do understand is that many people here have been guinea pigs for too long. This is unfortunate. I've suffered for 9 yrs and only now (since June 9th) have I been receiving meds and for that matter any "appropriate" treatment (hope).  
The point is I guess those who are quick to react or label someone a troll are probobly doing it to help the majority and not to be jerks (I would hope).  

I guess if the first thing a newbie reads is diet or catshit and ammonia this will be the first thing attempted... I sniffed ammonia Angry was desperate (Laugh if ya want I HAVE A THICK SKIN! LOL) but it wasn't funny @ the time.

Best to all and of course hope all get relief

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
off_roader
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #81 on: Sep 8th, 2004, 5:21pm »

Hello all,  
I have read through this entire thread and I am also amazed and disappointed.  This is only the 2nd time I have  posted a comment to this board.  I kept reading evilchopper's  posts because I have suffered many of the exact ailments starting with and including colon spasms, chronic daily migraines and CH.   I am disappointed to see that I have no more information to gain from his posts.   Please... before you push back think of the others who are hoping for an answer and help.   I am not condoning evil chopper's thin skin I am only agreeing with alleyoop.'s posts and expressing my disappointment.   I fear reprisal and I am sure that is not what anyone wants from the message board.   Thanks in advance for your understanding of my frustration/disappointment.    
-OffROADER
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #82 on: Sep 8th, 2004, 10:27pm »

I don't seem to understand this fear of reprisal.  Anyone proceeding with fear of failure will always chase success behind the clouds that obscure it.  
  Does anyone think that any new ideas have never been met with any resistance?  Just everyone of them.  
And then have the guts to say he easily understands quantum and atomic physics as well as relativity and not know this!  Make me puke.  

And then when resistance is met, say that he is seriously hurt from all the smart alecks, call us pompous, self pitying, immature, losers, call us hostile, jerks, negative, our criticism unfounded.  
  Then tell us this is the reason he is doing the preaching and we're not, and then say he tried but we shot him down.......when it was only his first time posting!

WTF, and for all that we get some words that sound like they are taken from a book "The Wonders of Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey".  

Sure, I respect the hell out of all that.  I don't think anyone who is STILL HERE and has clusters is a loser!

Kevin M
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2004, 12:15am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #83 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 8:12am »

I'm with you Kevin M
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

« Reply #84 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 9:04am »

This evilchopper guys biggest problem is that he was way to long winded.  A bunch of us had ask hit to get to the point.  
he never did. So he was discounted as having any information that was usable.and not worth the time.

IP Logged
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #85 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 10:15am »

Hey Off_roader....

There's no need to be in fear of reprisals here if you are sincere about what you are posting about.

When I first came here, I'm sure that I brought up a lot of stuff that has been covered millions of times.

The people here read my posts and politely told me where to find the info I need and also warned me that some things could cause a backlash of flaming if I started to come close to one of thos topics. They knew that I was just another person who was suffering and looking for advice.

After a while, It is very easy to spot trolls and snake oil salesmen just from the language of their posts. My posts didn't look like that and I survived.

If your post doesn't look like an ad for some miracle cure (be careful about using THAT word here), the people here will bend over backwards to help you in any way they can.

If you have advice on something that helped you, share it but always remember that what works for you may not work for someone else and that it also may have seemed to work becase you cycle ended. And NEVER use the word "cure".

It's unfortunate that you got ahold of a thread like evil choppers since his only intention for posting here in the first place was to stirr up crap. He has posted on this board repeatedly in the past using different names and he will be back again with a new one.

Read the other posts and see if you don't find some very good advice here.

Pat
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
off_roader
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #86 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 1:31pm »

Thanks for your advice Pat.  I am both sincere and unfamiliar and was writing my thoughts from a newbie's perspective.  My inexperience with the board made me  leary to post when I saw some of  the negativism that existed in the thread.  I was not aware that evil chopper had posted on this board repeatedly in the past using different names and I am now better educated.   Thanks again for the constructive advice.

Lisa

IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #87 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 1:40pm »

Heres something to remember off_roader.

For every 1 person run outta here for posting bullshit, probably 50 get some assistance with legitimate posts.

No need to be leary around here if your on the level.

Now fuck off !  (joke, off_roader, joke)  Cool
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #88 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 2:29pm »

I've been gone for 2 weeks and am just now reading all of this.   I stopped at page two as I was feeling myself aging and not very gracefully.

This is all I have to say:
quote by Evilchopper
Quote:
You deserve every attack you get!  

No TRUE cluster headache sufferer would EVER utter  this sentance. Cry

Linda

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #89 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 3:40pm »

Amen, Linda - that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up too.

In my six years here I have never - repeat: NEVER - seen one clusterhead say that to another clusterhead.  And you and I know there have been some DANDY go 'rounds here, but that wish is taboo, just never done!  In fact, just the opposite.  If i had a dollar for every clusterhead here offer to take another clusterhead's pain, I wouldn't have to work anymore.  

Another cluster wannabe.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2004, 3:41pm by Margi » IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
plateglass
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #90 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 3:57pm »

Wow I can't believe I finally got through all that!!!  You most definatley got it right Linda Smiley
IP Logged

Wouldn't it be easier if we just cut off your head?
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #91 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 5:02pm »

Ya know.   No matter if this person had a legitimate thing going.   The fact that he said that .....should be the end of this thread.    Hopefully.

In mho of course.  Linda

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Genoman
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #92 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 5:43pm »

Well one thing is for sure. If Chopper wanted to antagonize us or get attention he sure must be pleased with his results. This has been a very busy thread with all the bitching. I say we let this thread die.

From now on what would it hurt to let someone type away, post after post. Let them ramble. Then as soon as the snake oil, amonia, catshit or whatever comes up then we pounch before they can do any damage.  

The fact is know matter what you think you know, we will never know if what Chopper was getting at might have helped someone. I'm willing to take that risk if all it requires is a little patience.
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #93 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 6:06pm »

To answer your question.

We dont let anyone spew something that will help us all post after post without getting to the damn point.

As you can see....the family is no no mood for that ever!!!

To us that is just someone fucking with us and alot of us have been here for years watching it....its bullshit!

...............................jonny
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2004, 6:07pm by jonny » IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #94 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 7:35pm »

RIGHT!

Linda
IP Logged

IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

« Reply #95 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 9:07pm »

on Sep 9th, 2004, 6:06pm, Jonny wrote:

just someone fucking with us ...............................jonny

have to agree...
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

« Reply #96 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 10:27pm »

Right on..........................

jonny

IP Logged
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #97 on: Sep 10th, 2004, 4:32am »

Is it just me, or did this guy start another thread over on the medication board today?

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #98 on: Sep 10th, 2004, 8:45am »

on Sep 10th, 2004, 4:32am, clarence wrote:
Is it just me, or did this guy start another thread over on the medication board today?

Casey

It sure looks that way.

Same style. Same ranting. Same Part 1, part 2, part 3 keep on going kind of crap.  
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

« Reply #99 on: Sep 10th, 2004, 8:55am »

One thing for sure it keep me interesed in the boards.

Yes i also think this person is at it again.

A too full saliva gland ?????

i am not a dr but seems fishy to me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss