Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 2:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Stomach? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Stomach?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Stomach?  (Read 974 times)
Giuliano
New Board Junior
Italy 

enjoy the silence

Email

Stomach?
« on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 6:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dear Fellows,

I'm looking for confirmations.....I'm getting stomach problems (seems tough to grind foods) ...and i'd like to compare with you this problem...
I was getting a full shadow-days ,before it happed while I'm clustur off time.
I felt It and link it to CH effects but would not connect all sickness problem to the Beast..
Suggestions..

Giuliano
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

Re: Stomach?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 7:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The anxiety of having full shadow days or cluster episiode getting ready to start may be enough to cause an upset stomach in some people.

Other than that, i've never heard of clusters & stomach problems being related.

If the stomach problems persist or get worse, please consult a doctor.

unsolved
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 8:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

There is more serotonin in the gut than in the brain.  SSRIs are now commonly used for IBS - irritable bowel syndrome. But I'm not diagnosing you with IBS - there could be lots of causes for stomach problems - gallstones, foodborn illness, ulcers, colitis, celiac disease, etc.  Unsolved is right -  visit a doc if you have persistent digestive problems.
IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 8:21am »

GrinHello Family Grin
     I want to put my 2 cents worth in here, as I think after 34 years of severe chronic clusters I have an opinion and some factual information.
     Cluster Headaches may not have a direct link to stomach problems, in my case I developed a Hyanial Hernia because of the constant throwing up.
      I probibly loose my cookies in 3 out of 5 attacks. couple that with 7 plus attacks a day and you can begin to see the possible link.
      I was actually told by my Neuro that the Acid Reflux problem due to the Hyanial Hernia was undoubtably caused by the Clusters.
      I would imagine that there are several secondary conditions that are caused by either the Clusters directly or medications taken for them!  Pappy Roll Eyes
     Who knows what evil lurks within a clusterheads mind?
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2004, 8:47am by sailpappy » IP Logged
Giuliano
New Board Junior
Italy 

enjoy the silence

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:38am »

Thank yall guys.
Yes,maybe the causes of  y digestive problems could be not dues to the CH and thw right way is talk about it with a Doc.
Anyway I'm conviced as Pappy there's is a tight bonding between gut and Ch ,and recently I read an article that somewhere some research desase task force would  have been discovering a gut-brain linked to head one.While I'm in Cluster ( this not the time) I'm too much down and worried of the pain to care of gut and digestive problems even though I 've them ..I' meam are passing over days after cluser last and come with the firsts kip 1/2 ...like acidity .....

Does anyone have the same effect?

Giuliano
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss