Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 2:30am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Odd occurrence »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Odd occurrence
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Odd occurrence  (Read 458 times)
PittsburghJoe
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Go away pain!

joepauley  
Email

Odd occurrence
« on: Aug 30th, 2004, 4:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OK, so I went out of cycle in April, and if the beast keeps his regular schedule, i'm not due again till summer of '05.

Anyhow, I woke up from a nap on Saturday with that familiar feeling... only got to about a K-5, and I told my man it was just a tension headache.  

No other htis since then...

Is it possible to get an isolated CH out of cycle?

Joe
IP Logged

Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight. Gotta kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight. - Bruce Cockburn, "Lovers in a Dangerous Time"
crazy_mj
New Board Junior
USA 

SSDD

Re: Odd occurrence
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 4:17pm »

GrinI personally am never free and clear of the beast.  I went almost two weeks without and then bam, last Wednesday and then again yesterday.  That was a good week for me too! So, I am hoping that it was just an isolated incident for your sake!!!
Good luck Grin
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 4:27pm »

Quote:

Yes
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #3 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 4:47pm »

I'm not due for another cycle for at least a yr, probably 2 yrs... But yesterday I felt the precursor symptoms of a shadow for most of the day. I sure fuckin hope it was an isolated incident!
IP Logged

Chris
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 6:34pm »

Quote:

yup, sure is.  the beast is a sneaky bastard!
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #5 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 8:05pm »

When that has happened to me, while cooking along in a PF zone, I try to ignore it for my own sanity.
IP Logged
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 8:18pm »

I use to get hit in Clusters     2-3 months at a time, then nothing for awhile, then back into the clusters.   I went nearly 2 years what I consider pain free.  I would get one every once in a while.   No rhyme or reason as to when or why.  I didnt count those as anything unusual.  Just every now and again one would sneak into my head.  Now, Im back on meds.    Hope to be getting off these pills soon.  One or two a month isnt too bad.  Its this 3&4 times a day for weeks (months) that get me down.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
don

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 9:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yup!
IP Logged
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

« Reply #8 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 11:31pm »

yes i get them  sometimes  1 at a time between cycles
IP Logged
ExPat_jac
New Board Junior
Indonesia 

air so thick it is it's own food group!!!

z18213  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 31st, 2004, 5:45am »

on Aug 30th, 2004, 4:04pm, PittsburghJoe wrote:

Joe

bless your heart joe.....

sorry, can't help much with an answer for this one...I'm chronic...for me, I just prey for a day with OUT a headache Sad

Hang in there...and good luck...lets just hope it was the weather Smiley

Peace my friend.....

ExPat_Jac
IP Logged
kimh
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What don't kill ya makes ya stronger

Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 31st, 2004, 8:48am »

Yup.  I always think i'm just being paranoid.  It does not happen often, but i've had that experience as well.  The last time i recall out-of-cycle visit was when  i was at the beach all day in hot sun and also drank a few beers.  Got home, took shower, and went to lie down for a bit - ole stinky was loitering big time.
IP Logged
ExPat_jac
New Board Junior
Indonesia 

air so thick it is it's own food group!!!

z18213  
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 31st, 2004, 10:21pm »

on Aug 31st, 2004, 8:48am, kimh wrote:
  i was at the beach all day in hot sun and also drank a few beers.

dude...tempting fate there a bit ???

(opps....hehehe I see you are not a dude...my bad  Wink )

shudder...I could not even *imagine* that!All day, hot sun and add a few beers???? Oh god...my beast is perking up his ears just hearing about this!

A few weeks ago I took part in some strange indoneasian greased pole climbing event (trust me, short of National Geo. I would never imagine such an event).  It kept me out in the tropical sun from about 1:00pm till evening, while being part of a team of 5 people climbing on the backs of each other to reach the top of this pole covered in grease...needly to say that evening, I was hit fighting about Kip 9.999999999 that just kept coming and coming....

I * still* hurt thinking about it!

Nawh...other than the times I am very stupid (like that time) I try and watch carefully what I do...the real shame is as a cluster head we (or at least I do) find myself making excuses to keep from attending outings etc...

I guess just another way we cope....

ExPat_Jac
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2004, 10:23pm by ExPat_jac » IP Logged
eyhavhedaches
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Sep 1st, 2004, 11:37am »

I normally get 1 or 2 Isolated ch attacks during my remission period. They are somewhat easier to control and most of the time do not need to medicate to control them. I believe my docter calls them shadow Headaches, but I call them a reminder headache, for it often reminds me of what is to come at the beggining of december!
IP Logged

When pain is a daily event, the smallest of things can be a miracle!
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #13 on: Sep 1st, 2004, 1:37pm »

I have never had an isolated CH out of my cycle, however Im young and have only had them for 5 years.  When Im out of cycle I cant give myself one.  I can even drink alcohol in the morning and I wont get one.  This is just me though.  Everyone is different when it comes to CH.

ArCane
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
floridian

Email

« Reply #14 on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 8:38am »

Happened once over the last decade of CH - and that was 4 around years ago.  Other than that, they have come only in episodes in late summer/fall.
IP Logged
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #15 on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:23am »

I have had a single, random, out of the blue attack out of cycle.  Scared the hell out of me.

John
 Sad
IP Logged
marfanoidus
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

marfanoidus  
Email

« Reply #16 on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 4:32pm »

Hey all.

As has been already said, you bet your ass a CH can pounce on you out of nowhere.

Its very interesting to note the similarities in how some of us get slammed when we are outside in the heat too long. The worst CH I ever had came on a night following several hours of intense sweating.

I'm about to say something I know is going to set off a frenzy, but I'm only presenting it as a hypothesis, NOT a theory. Don't make me pull a Teresa Heinz Kerry and tell you to 'shove it'  Cheesy.

If we sweat a lot, just like athletes, its a given that we're altering the electrolyte/mineral levels in our bodies, so its not much of a stretch for me to think at a certain point this could become a trigger for some CHeads.  

No, I'm not suggesting Gatorade. So don't even go there!!!

But really, some of the popular meds for CH are calcium channel blockers and ion influx inhibitors (I'm not making that up, either). Verapamil is in this category. They're doing something with mineral uptake/absorption/utilization.

If I sweat a lot, even if I pour gallons of water down to compensate, I WILL get weird things going on in my head. Shadows immediately appear, and then its like my head has its own thermostat, set on high, and nothing will remedy it except sleeping.  

We're all just a little weird in the head - some more than others. Besides - whats normal?

good luck to all

IP Logged

Sometimes "What doesn't kill you" makes you wish it had.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #17 on: Sep 4th, 2004, 6:23am »

Quote:
If I sweat a lot, even if I pour gallons of water down to compensate, I WILL get weird things going on in my head. Hmmm....sounds like heat stroke to meShadows immediately appear, and then its like my head has its own thermostat, set on high, and nothing will remedy it except sleeping. Could it be that you've gone inside and cooled off while asleep.

I live on the edge of the Mohave Desert where daily summer temps are 105 to 120. The warm summers have never affected my attacks.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2004, 6:25am by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
marfanoidus
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

marfanoidus  
Email

« Reply #18 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 11:29am »

As usual, people read what they want to.

I've considered heat stroke - but this would mean I've had heat stroke about 50 times in my life. I've spoken to my neuro about it and she indicated the symptoms are fairly common and probably related to fluctuations in electrolytes due to sweating.

Oh, and by the way, I'm glad your hot summers don't bother you. I know this may be hard for you to comprehend, but as this thread shows - "some of us" have problems with the heat, not all of us.
IP Logged

Sometimes "What doesn't kill you" makes you wish it had.
wally

Email

« Reply #19 on: Sep 8th, 2004, 7:29pm »

for the first 5-6 years, my cycle ran once a year starting the 1st week in may, then i moved and it started feb 5th lasting 5 weeks and it went on for 4 years. now this year i skipped my feb cycle and im now in one that started about a week and a half ago....so just when i think i have this thing figured out, the monster starts to screw with me.....
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss