Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 6:02pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kip Level ???? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kip Level ????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kip Level ????  (Read 305 times)
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

Kip Level ????
« on: Aug 27th, 2004, 10:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm a newbie to this group but have done a lot of research on cluster headaches.What is the kip level? I use o2 every day and although I still fight a constant cluster the o2 does keep them somewhat less painful.I take Voltaren 75mg 2x a day and nadolol 120 mg 1x,along with all my heart and cholestrol meds...but still get a cluster every friggin day.My doctors seem to just blow me off,or if I bitch enough they'll write a scrip for some Vicodin,and all it does is keep me up all night and make my cluster worse.What I need I guess is the right questions or demands to relay to my doc.I'm afraid of too many narcs.(don't want to end up a stoner)but damn I need some relief.Any suggestions? Huh[flash=200,200][/flash][color=Purple][/color]
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
Redrum
New Board Junior
USA 

Doh!

Re: Kip Level ????
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27th, 2004, 10:48am »

Theres a link for the kip scale over <- there.

best of luck and PFDANS to all  Grin
IP Logged

It's hard to be an optimist when the glass is shattered on the floor!
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 27th, 2004, 11:03am »

Stay away from the pain killers.  They do nothing for CH and they cause rebound HA's, most narcotics do that.  I don't know if any of the triptans would work for you.  I use the Imitrex nasal sprays, and they wok fine for me.

Hope things get better for you!
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
eddie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

PFDAN TO ALL

« Reply #3 on: Aug 27th, 2004, 11:16am »

dido
he may put you on verapamil  
melintonin at  night helps  
pain meds can make it worse
GOOD LUCK
IP Logged

PFDAN TO ALL>><< http://www.putfile.com/ededearl>>><music> http://www.myspace.com/pamneddie
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 27th, 2004, 3:04pm »

OK so I'm blind! Didn't see the kip scale on my left.I'll read it after this post.As for the melintonin I take 3 every night.No Verapamil but Voltaren and Nadolol.Nothing will let me sleep thru the night.I would give anything for just one good night.Seems like I keep seeing a pattern on this site that clusters are something I'm going to have to live with.Thanks for the information I'll keep plugging away.David Embarassed
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss