Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 28th, 2024, 9:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « got nausea? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   got nausea?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: got nausea?  (Read 1798 times)
miarella
New Board Newbie
Chile 

Email

Re: got nausea?
« Reply #25 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 10:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,

I've been reading this forum for a while and i am a little dissapointed to read so many "oh not that again, go to the archives, please" (well sometimes it gets harsher actually).

I think one of the most relevant and appreciated things about a message board is the chance to interact with other from your own experience. You need someone to YOU he/she feels the same way. Its not the same reading it from archives. That part of the support. Otherwise books are good enough.

So, I don't know, maybe the adm could create a recycled topics folder??

Maria

btw. in my last cycle i got serious nausea, and it does make the headache quite worse. And yes i am a certified clusterhead, lol.
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #26 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 12:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Aug 28th, 2004, 10:35am, miarella wrote:
Hello,

I've been reading this forum for a while and i am a little dissapointed to read so many "oh not that again, go to the archives, please" (well sometimes it gets harsher actually).

I think one of the most relevant and appreciated things about a message board is the chance to interact with other from your own experience. You need someone to YOU he/she feels the same way. Its not the same reading it from archives. That part of the support. Otherwise books are good enough.

So, I don't know, maybe the adm could create a recycled topics folder??

Maria

btw. in my last cycle i got serious nausea, and it does make the headache quite worse. And yes i am a certified clusterhead, lol.

Seems to me you can read the archives and e-mail those people who have posted something your interested in.

As for asking the webmaster to do more work than he is already doing is kind of like asking someone doing you a favor for free to do even more. Roll Eyes

...........................jonny
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #27 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 12:21pm »

Damn, leave for a week to work, come back and we are still discussing this?

Let's just make a nausea board...

If you follow the boards, new folks will share their symptoms when they initially post here.  If light, noise or nausea is bothersome enough, they will state it.  Other than that, the archives...  Either way, nausea is not a common symptom.

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
miarella
New Board Newbie
Chile 

Email

« Reply #28 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 1:44pm »

on Aug 28th, 2004, 12:13pm, Jonny wrote:

Seems to me you can read the archives and e-mail those people who have posted something your interested in.

dear mr, if this is still your email adress i'd like to discuss what you posted a year ago  Roll Eyes

on Aug 28th, 2004, 12:13pm, Jonny wrote:

As for asking the webmaster to do more work than he is already doing is kind of like asking someone doing you a favor for free to do even more.  

well, it was just an idea, I thought the webmaster maybe wants this place to be supportive

Maria
IP Logged
miarella
New Board Newbie
Chile 

Email

« Reply #29 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 1:57pm »

on Aug 28th, 2004, 12:21pm, Prense wrote:

Damn, leave for a week to work, come back and we are still discussing this?

Well, you don't have to click on the "got nausea" link if you don't want to talk about it

on Aug 28th, 2004, 12:21pm, Prense wrote:

Either way, nausea is not a common symptom.

So? Cluster is not a common form of headache, and it is not common in women, and it is not common in non-smokers, and it is not common in people who don't drink alcohol, and blah, blah, blah....

I understand it's important that specific symptoms are well defined, but if people could just stay a little more open minded i'm sure medical science could work at a faster pace...

IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #30 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 2:06pm »

Nausea and light sensitivity. (please select only 1 choice, and stick with it.)

1. Yes, we all get nausea and are light sensitive.
2. Yes, we all get nausea and are not light sensitive.
3. Yes, we all never get nausea but are light sensitive.
4. Yes, we all never get nausea and are not light sensitive.
5. No

Note: all = every clusterhead ever, anywhere, at any time in the history of the world.

Except me. That's my choice and I'm sticking with it.  Cool
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #31 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 3:17pm »

on Aug 28th, 2004, 10:35am, miarella wrote:

I think one of the most relevant and appreciated things about a message board is the chance to interact with other from your own experience. You need someone to YOU he/she feels the same way.

See now, I would think that if somebody did get nauseated and clicked on a thread about nausea, then they would begin to discuss with others who also do, all about their nausea.  How you feel, making it to the toilet in time, how full the toilet got, if you got splashed, you know, all the things inherent in throwing up.  But it doesn't seem that that was your purpose in posting.  
  To proclaim that you do throw up and have clusters seemed to be the extent of the conversation about nausea.  But yet, then from you there is:

Quote:
Well, you don't have to click on the "got nausea" link if you don't want to talk about it

So please, go on with your conversation of nausea and throwing up and don't mind those who interject, therefore your input on nausea will then be archived for those who wish to know more about it in the future.  Just in case others need to know what it is like to throw up, I understand there is a curious 'gap' in the archives as to more being written on this.  Take this opportunity to leave your record to be accessed in the future.  Do not mind the other content.  
  Whether or not one gets nauseated or not with clusters seems irrelevant to you, so please feel free now to continue discussing the details and such of your nausea.  That 'gap' isn't going to just fill itself now.  You have suggested that should be one's purpose in clicking on a "nausea" thread.

Kevin M

IP Logged
miarella
New Board Newbie
Chile 

Email

« Reply #32 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 3:35pm »

Sorry Kevin M, I don't think you got what I tried to say. But if being agressive to strangers makes you feel better, that's fine with me.
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #33 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 3:45pm »

on Aug 28th, 2004, 3:35pm, miarella wrote:
Sorry Kevin M, I don't think you got what I tried to say,

Excuse me for trying to keep the thread on track.  We need more on nausea to send to the archives apparently.  If I'm not mistaken, you were saying you would like nausea to be discussed here without being refered to the archives.

Kevin M
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2004, 3:51pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
miarella
New Board Newbie
Chile 

Email

« Reply #34 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 3:49pm »

of course, you are excused  laugh

oops! I was trying to say that some of us need interaction, despite the topic (as you know, nausea in this particular case) may have been discused many times before.
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2004, 3:53pm by miarella » IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #35 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 3:53pm »

on Aug 28th, 2004, 1:44pm, miarella wrote:
dear mr, if this is still your email adress i'd like to discuss what you posted a year ago  Roll Eyes

Its still my address, has been for many years......mail away

.......................................jonny
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #36 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 3:59pm »

on Aug 28th, 2004, 3:49pm, miarella wrote:
of course, you are excused  laugh

oops! I was trying to say that some of us need interaction, despite the topic (as you know, nausea in this particular case) may have been discused many times before.

Interaction is always fine, the topic of discussion didn't leave much room for constructive conversation once it was acknowledged nausea seems to affect very few.  Was there something more about nausea that needed to be expounded upon?    

Welcome  

Kevin M
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #37 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 4:05pm »

on Aug 28th, 2004, 1:57pm, miarella wrote:
I understand it's important that specific symptoms are well defined, but if people could just stay a little more open minded i'm sure medical science could work at a faster pace...

How selfish of me...

lmao
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
miarella
New Board Newbie
Chile 

Email

« Reply #38 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 4:12pm »

on Aug 28th, 2004, 4:05pm, Prense wrote:

How selfish of me...

Indeed
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #39 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 4:17pm »

Quote:
I understand it's important that specific symptoms are well defined, Nausea is well defined in connection to clusters. It is defined as uncommon and unusual. but if people could just stay a little more open minded The people here are probably the most oped minded you'll find anywhere on the planeti'm sure medical science could work at a faster pace... Yeah right! Clusters have been around since the beginning of time. So has the common cold. Maybe if we are open minded both will be cured by next weekend.

This string is giving me a migraine.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
miarella
New Board Newbie
Chile 

Email

« Reply #40 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 4:36pm »

on Aug 28th, 2004, 4:17pm, BobG wrote:

Yeah right! Clusters have been around since the beginning of time. So has the common cold. Maybe if we are open minded both will be cured by next weekend.  

IMHO, cluster-related research is not exactly extensive. I believe it's quite recent and not much of it is known by docs. Am I right?. Well, not to mention that general population don't have a clue about us.

I am sorry if  my comment sounded bad, but I work as a researcher and not being guided by pre-conceptions is a very important issue.

(yes, I know, waaaaaay out of nausea)
IP Logged
miarella
New Board Newbie
Chile 

Email

« Reply #41 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 4:56pm »

on Aug 28th, 2004, 3:59pm, Kevin_M wrote:

Interaction is always fine, the topic of discussion didn't leave much room for constructive conversation once it was acknowledged nausea seems to affect very few.  Was there something more about nausea that needed to be expounded upon?    

I think there might be some interesting derivatives from the nausea topic. Besides of getting splashed. Although, that could be interesting to some people as well, lol

For instance, I'd like to know what happens to the nausea-clusterheads who use oxygen. Does it end the nausea as it kills the headache?? Anyway, this should be under another thread.  

Actually all of this should be on another thread,  laugh  

on Aug 28th, 2004, 3:59pm, Kevin_M wrote:

Welcome  

Thank you, I really apreciate this word from you. I think this is what we need to keep this board healthy, and we must do so, it's the only one we have, don't we??
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #42 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 5:07pm »

on Aug 28th, 2004, 4:36pm, miarella wrote:
I work as a researcher and not being guided by pre-conceptions is a very important issue.

You mean pre-conceptions as in kinda like this:
Quote:
I thought the webmaster maybe wants this place to be supportive
 We are not supportive?

Or like this:
Quote:
but if people could just stay a little more open minded
We are not open-minded?

Or this:
Quote:
if being agressive to strangers makes you feel better,
It does?

A dozen posts and these are surmised.

I see the empirical data is in.

Kevin M

IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #43 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 5:17pm »

Yawn

Wendy
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #44 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 5:19pm »

on Aug 28th, 2004, 4:56pm, miarella wrote:
For instance, I'd like to know what happens to the nausea-clusterheads who use oxygen. Does it end the nausea as it kills the headache?? Anyway, this should be under another thread.

Oxygen would not be used to treat nausea, but what is your experience with the nausea once the headache subsides?  I wouldn't know, you might be better to answer that question if you use oxygen.  Or are you not currently using it and wonder if the nausea would go away when the headache does using oxygen.  Does yours linger with your preventative and for how long?  Does it need to be treated separately afterwards?
  I believe Lizzy2 made mention of a medication for nausea.  

Kevin M

We might as well complete this thread on nausea, so if you have questions, feel free.
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2004, 5:25pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
miarella
New Board Newbie
Chile 

Email

« Reply #45 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 5:28pm »

Kevin M,

Those are not pre-conceptions nor empirical data. It is just my opinion about what I've read on this board for the last 9 months or so.

And now you are only confirming that being quiet is by far the best choice for me at least. This has been a funny day, but I don't think that being attacked is something I want to accept in the long term in order to talk to some nice people once in while.

Oh, and I do think you need some relaxants, herbal maybe?? uh-oh and a mood stabilizer as well, you almost seemed nice in your previous post, lol
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2004, 5:32pm by miarella » IP Logged
miarella
New Board Newbie
Chile 

Email

« Reply #46 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 5:38pm »

OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

How many Kevin Ms are out there?!?!

Shocked laugh Cry laugh Cry laugh Cry Kiss Smiley Embarassed Tongue Sad Grin Shocked Cool

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

ok, Kevin?? I will put this straight: I want to be friends with you, the only thing I ask from you is not to make fun or dismiss what I try to say.  

....now excuse me I have to return to my mental asylum
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #47 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 5:39pm »

Quote:
well, it was just an idea, I thought the webmaster maybe wants this place to be supportive

God knows how unsupportive we are. Shame on us.

By the way. Do you actually have CH or do you just surf around critiqing (sp) message boards?
IP Logged
Samantha_Smith
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #48 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 5:47pm »

I strongly prefer to vomit into a bucket beside my bed rather than rush to the bathroom and vomit in the toilet bowl (because particles do tend to splash back on to my face.) What are other people's vomit receptacle preferences?

Sometimes when I just can't take the nausea anymore and think I could bring it to an end by just vomiting I stick my finger down my throat to quicken the process. What are other people's vomit quickening techniques?

I love vomit.  I really really love it.  Samantha
IP Logged

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm."
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #49 on: Aug 28th, 2004, 5:48pm »

on Aug 28th, 2004, 5:28pm, miarella wrote:
Those are not pre-conceptions nor empirical data. It is just my opinion about what I've read on this board for the last 9 months or so.

Miarella,

Whatever, they seem to be quick conclusions and taken from a thread on nausea, it is hard to see the topic turn constructive.  But, if you are looking for help with the nausea, I am sure there were some answers earlier concerning it.  Feel free to ask if you need some ideas about it anyway.  

Quote:
And now you are only confirming that being quiet is by far the best choice for me at least. This has been a funny day, but I don't think that being attacked is something I want to accept in the long term in order to talk to some nice people once in while.

It would be nice to perhaps interact on a different thread, this one got detoured way before you posted and was wending its way into nowhereland.  I was not attacking, only showing that this present conceived notion of the board is perhaps not the truest one.  Keep posting ok?  This has been less about the subject of nausea than about starting your thread here knocking the support and asking for more interaction about the subject of nausea.  It is not apparent what questions there could be about it other than it is rare.  Stay and keep posting ok?

Kevin M
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2004, 5:51pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss