Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 28th, 2024, 9:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Back from Neurologist »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Back from Neurologist
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Back from Neurologist  (Read 346 times)
natas

Email

Back from Neurologist
« on: Aug 26th, 2004, 2:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

This was my first visit to my new neurologist. I was very impressed when compaing him to my last Dr.  

Here is what he has prescribed:

Verpamil: Starting off with 120Mg and moving to 240Mg next week then possible more after

Prednisone: I will be taking this for 3 days, then back off to half the amount for another 3 days then back off another half.  

Imitrex Injections: Had this before, same amount. Still trying to convice my insurance to cover more

Frova: This is just a sample pack to see if it helps stop the headaches at night. I am taking one pill 2 hours before I hit the sack. He said there is a possibility that it may stop the headaches from coming at night.

All in all it was a nice visit. I go in later this week to get a MRI and a MRA.
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

Re: Back from Neurologist
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26th, 2004, 4:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sounds promising.
Push for O2 as well. That helps stretch the trex...
IP Logged

Chris
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 26th, 2004, 11:22pm »

That's pretty much the standard treatment.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #3 on: Aug 27th, 2004, 1:41am »

on Aug 26th, 2004, 11:22pm, vig wrote:
That's pretty much the standard treatment.

It's the standard place to start on treatment from a good neuro. But unfortunately there is no shortage of horror stories around here of all kinds of BS medication regiments prescribed by docs who don't know shit.
IP Logged

Chris
ex_pat_asia
New Board Veteran
Malaysia 

"Sometimes the wolves lie down and the Moon howls

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 27th, 2004, 12:59pm »

on Aug 26th, 2004, 2:16pm, natas wrote:

Here is what he has prescribed:

Verpamil: Starting off with 120Mg and moving to 240Mg next week then possible more after

Prednisone: I will be taking this for 3 days, then back off to half the amount for another 3 days then back off another half.  

Imitrex Injections: Had this before, same amount. Still trying to convice my insurance to cover more

Frova: This is just a sample pack to see if it helps stop the headaches at night. I am taking one pill 2 hours before I hit the sack. He said there is a possibility that it may stop the headaches from coming at night.

A great start from an obviously informed neuro, congrats. Superpain raises a good point...speak to him about Oxygen...also speak to him about a letter to the insurance company. Sometimes that is all it takes, a little more explaining, to get them to free up the coverage. I hope you get it. It is liquid gold and they charge for that. laugh
Best,
IP Logged

ex_pat_asia
"Work like you don't need the money,
dance like no one is watching,
love like you'll never get hurt" - Anon.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss