Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 28th, 2024, 9:35pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Long time »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Long time
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Long time  (Read 300 times)
natas

Email

Long time
« on: Aug 23rd, 2004, 5:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

While its been a while since I have come here or posted. You guys more and likely don't remember me but I used to be a chronic sufferior.

Well I got good news and bad news. I am no longer a chronic! Or atleast it seems that way. For the first time ever in my life I went months without a cluster. I actually just now started to get clusters again. Right now I am averaging around 1-2 during the day, and 2-3 at night (waking up).

The odd thing here is this. At night I am actually waking up before the pain starts. I can feel that uneasy feeling right before I am about to experience a cluster headache. I basically have a ritual now where I head straight to the bathroom and get my imetrix ready.

Its really odd but the pain seems worse now. I think this is due to me being spoiled for those times I didn't get them. Now that I am not used to getting clusters its two times as hard to cope.  Last night while waking up from my first cluster of the night I wanted to die. The pain was so intense I broke down and cried. I didn't know how to handle it. My usual pacing, crawling up into a ball and positioning my head in odd areas was not helping at all. The only thing I could do is just sit there and rock. I felt really bad for my gf, she knows my condition and does everything she can to help. Before it was always me crawling into a ball while she tried her best to message me or scratch my back to help. Last night was terrible, it was killing my mood and everytime she asked if she could help it would annoy me and make it seem worse. I feel bad about being rude to her about it, but I had no idea what to do.

I don't know what to say other than its nice to vent in here to people that know my pain and probally deal with way more then me. Just when I thought my life was starting to get normal again, the clusters decide to come back.  

Anyway I have talked to my doc and I think I am going to go back on Topomax. Topomax helped in the past for months at a time. I just hope that I stay on a periodic cluster schedule and don't go back to having to deal with this everyday of the year.
IP Logged
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

Re: Long time
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23rd, 2004, 5:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Vent away brother, that whats we're here for!
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
natas

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 23rd, 2004, 5:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks man.  

It just sux to go that long without the pain like that. Heck I passed a kidney stone 4 months ago and the funny thing about that was the doctor being so ammused of how well I took the pain. It hurt very very bad, but it was in no way close to a cluster. Although I will say its a much more annoying pain with different stages. First are the side pains that feel like cramps going on and off. Then that booger gets stuck trying to force its way out...that hurts, and of course the actual passing of the stone...OUCH. But hey it took me 6 hours to pass it and I held up better then any person the doc ever saw Smiley He said he has seen men that were 4 times my size on there knees crying for the doc to knock them out.

Anyway I am 25 years old now and I, like alot of you guys have experienced more pain in the past 3 years then most people will ever deal with in a lifetime.

Again I really appreciate the fact that so many of you guys are here. I know I have not been a huge contributor to the site and for that I feel bad. But its so nice to read about others with this same curse, and how everyone is trying to help each other out with ideas, suggestions etc.

IP Logged
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 23rd, 2004, 8:17pm »

Chuck the guilt brother, no need for it.  Read and learn what you can, I'm 39, married for 19 years and I've had CH for 12 years, been a member here for only about 6 weeks, and I'm still learning.

I wake up before my HA's too, really sux when you know you're about to get hit.

Talk to your gf when you're not in pain and maybe devise a strategy.  My wife will just rub my head, feels better when she does it.  When I do it, it just hurts.  Perhaps have her visit this place, there is a supporters corner that can help her and help her help you.

What other meds you on?  I just started some prednisone after being in cycle for about twelve weeks and it has given me some much needed relief.  O2 helps a lot of us as well.

Other than that, all I can say is read, read, read.

Best Wishes,

John
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Aug 23rd, 2004, 8:40pm »

natas, glad to hear you're no longer chronic but sorry to hear the beast is back.

Quote:
she tried her best to message me or scratch my back to help.

Quote:
My wife will just rub my head, feels better when she does it.

Dang! If my wife tried to do either I'd....I'd.....well, go read Echo's string MB Poll about the dog  Cool

But, what John said is the best advice. Talk to her when you are not in pain.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss