Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 28th, 2024, 10:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Ice Pick? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Ice Pick?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ice Pick?  (Read 300 times)
crazy_mj
New Board Junior
USA 

SSDD

Ice Pick?
« on: Aug 21st, 2004, 11:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Okay, so I am on a break right now, but something weird has being going on.  About a dozen times a day and night I get these little ice pick pains in my head/right eye.(always that eye wish they could remove the offending piece of shit)  They stop me cold for about thirty seconds or so, but then they are gone. I am used to a harder hit for a longer time with more of a shadow warning. Is that part of the CH as well, because I have never had it like that before?  
Is it just the beast reminding me that he is laying in wait?
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2004, 11:13am by crazy_mj » IP Logged
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

Re: I am used to a harder hit for a longer timIce
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21st, 2004, 1:00pm »

Hi mj,

I read you post already but I got the dumbass too..lol..

Ok, I get those kind of HA's too.  Their not shadows, but more like a tiny CH going on.  I just started prednisone and in my case that's what I'm attributing it to.  Mine last a little longer than that, but, hey, your milage may vary I guess...

What meds are you on?  Any recent changes?

John
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
Jonny

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21st, 2004, 1:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Aug 21st, 2004, 11:13am, crazy_mj wrote:
Yeah ignore the topic line...it's saturday morning, my weekend to work, and I am ate up with dumbass!!!

You can fix the topic line by clicking on "Modify".....top right inside your post.

..................................jonny
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21st, 2004, 1:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi mj

Have a read of the link below. It is about a condition commonly known as Ice-pick headaches!

Wendy

http://www.upstate.edu/neurology/haas/hpstab.htm
IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22nd, 2004, 5:32am »

Hey MJ,

I'd look into the link that Wendy posted for you.  Ice Pick headaches (aka. Idiopathic Stabbing Headache if you want another search engine term to use) are most commonly found in cluster and migraine sufferers.  My mom gets them, and although she isn't diagnosed with migraine, sometimes it seems like she does have it.  I do also get the ice pick headaches from time to time.

They come on quickly and leave quickly, but they are intense!  Most of the time, they don't last long enough to really do anything about.  However what I told my mom is that if they start coming on that frequently to the point of really causing pain or interfering with her life, indomethacin is sometimes used to prevent them.

Indomethacin can have a lot of GI side effects, though...so you'd have to really weigh whether or not the ice picks are bad enough for you to want to prevent, IMHO.

You may at least want to let your doc know about the change in headaches.  That is usually recommended and then they can at least document it, if nothing else!

Good luck!

Lizzie Smiley
IP Logged

crazy_mj
New Board Junior
USA 

SSDD

Re: Ice Pick?
« Reply #5 on: Aug 22nd, 2004, 11:22am »

Thanks for the reference to the link!!  I will be sure to talk to my doctor about it, I got back at the first of October.
I just started treatment for CH at the end of July, it just seems that whatever is going on is ever changing.  I woke up the other morning, with a completely red and blood shot red eye.  I remember that the day before had been strange.  The shadows had been rolling in and out all day, but nothing too unbearable had a happened. It was almost like at any second the worst attack of my life was going to happen.  I don't know, things just are odd right now.  I don't know what to think about all the differences.  I have spent the last few weeks just scanning posts looking for similarities between myself and others.  It is really the only comfort I have.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss