Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 28th, 2024, 9:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « frankly, I'm disgusted »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   frankly, I'm disgusted
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: frankly, I'm disgusted  (Read 611 times)
tenacious
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

frankly, I'm disgusted
« on: Aug 14th, 2004, 1:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have already taken some responsibility for the mess under "nauseous clusterheads unite", but some of you guys are way over the line!  I did not start out to make a thread that was in any way insulting, much less obscene!  If this is your definition of a family and a home, I WANT NO PART OF IT!  Is anyone over on that thread ashamed of themselves?  Some of you certainly should be!!  I don't know what status is based on, but apparently, it's NOT behavior!  Some of you want Ex_pat_asia to show some humility and stop flaming people?  Why not try leading by example?  I was going to speak to him, myself, but I can't do it over there now!  And some of you are just plain rude!  You know who you are.  If you can't behave better than that in future, STAY OFF MY THREADS!!    You all have "modify" icons.  Anybody care to use them?  I'd like my legacy? to be a kinder, gentler, cleaner and more relevant thread, not to mention shorter!

DJ:  What exactly does a moderator do, anyway?
IP Logged

Ang
pubgirl

Email

Re: frankly, I'm disgusted
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14th, 2004, 1:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ang

For what it's worth you are right, and you are right to say it.  
I offer a personal apology to you that your thread descended into that kind of abuse and any part I had in that, and regret that stuff from elsewhere was dredged up onto it when it had nothing to do with you or what you were posting about.  

I find it hard when being attacked unfairly (not by you I hasten to add, your comments have never been less than reasonable) not to answer back, as I'm sure we all do. It takes guts to say what you think on here, and guts you have!

Keep posting, please

Wendy

P.S. For info DJ prefers mainly to leave the board free for people to express their opinions and will only remove stuff if it is very seriously bad.

P.P.S. Amended. Just in case anyone else reads this thread only, my only obscenity was directed at a snake-oil salesman on a completely different board and thread and he deserved it!
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2004, 3:11pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 14th, 2004, 3:01pm »

on Aug 14th, 2004, 1:35pm, gr8fulnauseousgrl wrote:
I WANT NO PART OF IT!  

Then screw....take off....see ya!!

.................................jonny
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14th, 2004, 3:03pm »

on Aug 14th, 2004, 1:35pm, gr8fulnauseousgrl wrote:
DJ:  What exactly does a moderator do, anyway?

I stayed out of the other thread. But, I hope your not sugggesting that DJ does nothing. He built this site. If it wasn't for him ... we wouldn't be posting here.

Thanx again DJ  

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14th, 2004, 3:04pm »

Yikes, Angela - not a good idea to arrive here and start throwing grenades.  

DJ is the most patient webmaster alive.  If it weren't for DJ, none of us would have ever found relief for our pain.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Jonny

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 14th, 2004, 3:26pm »

Aint it great?

8 posts and telling how shit should be....fucking amazes me!

Your lucky DJ does not bounce your ass for being so fucking stupid

...............................................jonny
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 14th, 2004, 6:02pm »

Quote:
way over the line

Whose line?

Quote:
I did not start out to make a thread that was in any way insulting, much less obscene

You didn't, it just ended up that way. Most of em do.

Mood party..........dress as you feel

One guy showed up in blue..........he was depressed.

One guy in red............he was pissed
One guy was naked with his wanker in a custard pie.............
Whats your problem?.Frankly, I'm fucking discustard!

Quote:
ashamed of themselves?

Hand in the air.  Cool
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2004, 6:17pm by don » IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 14th, 2004, 7:57pm »

Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: Aug 14th, 2004, 11:01pm »

Frankly Scarlet,  I don't give a damn.

Gator

All I did was welcome you and answer your question (nicely I might add), defend Pubgirl from a certain individual and advise on the administrator's repeatedly posted purpose for this website for those who obviously either missed it on the way in or disregarded it to their own benefit.  I did defend myself once attacked.  I will not apologize for that.  

Editted to add:  I'll take you up on that modify, but here, not there.

After going back through the thread in question, not one person as in NOBODY spoke rudely to you nor flamed you in that thread.  

The flames and attacks initiated from one expatdude, when he refused to listen to long time residents of this community politely try to advise him on the purpose and scope of this website.  

In all this person's apologies, he called names,  threw digs and made accusations that rendered them no more than attacks on the people he was supposedly apologizing to.  

Even under attack, people refrained from fragging the dude, which he majorly deserved, until the end when he just got so out of hand that it was all but unavoidable.  

The entire situation could have been avoided if he could have just said, "Oops, my bad" and dropped it there.  

That being said, don't delete posts unless you said something that was just totally inappropriate.  It really only serves to make it look like you did something wrong, which you did not.  The only person with any reason to modify or remove a post over there is ex_pat_asia and I doubt his ego will allow that.

Gator
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2004, 2:00am by Gator » IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 15th, 2004, 4:06am »

Oh well, I tried Ang, sorry you felt the need to delete your original post, it wasn't necessary.

W

ex-pat asia.  
Sure you are under no illusions, but just in case, none of the apology is extended to you, you owe me one.
I also think it is REALLY two-faced publically and sarcastically calling me 'Florence Nightingale', when you were very happy to accept help privately.
If you want to continue the analogy, that's like a Crimean soldier being helped, then calling her an " interfering do-gooder" afterwards.
I don't expect or want thanks or acknowledgement, but I don't expect to be belittled for trying to help.  

That hurts

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2004, 4:45am by pubgirl » IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 15th, 2004, 9:11am »

Quote:
'Florence Nightingale'

ROFLMMFAO!

Didn't catch that one.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss