Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 28th, 2024, 9:32pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Need some rejuvination vibes! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Need some rejuvination vibes!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need some rejuvination vibes!  (Read 299 times)
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

Need some rejuvination vibes!
« on: Aug 9th, 2004, 1:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yesterday was a very bad day.  Had to work night shift Saturday night and got home around 1am.  beast hit me around 2, I was still up.  Went bed at 3:30 and got up at 5:30 to send my wife off to the nascar race.  She  needs some time off too.   Anyway, the beast came back and stayed around all fucking day.  I could never get back to sleep.  I got hit with 4 kip 8's, 2 kip 9's and at 8:50 pm got a kip 10.  GD that hurt!  All the other HA's were surprising short in duration, about 15 to 20 minutes.  I tried to tough out most of them, which sucked, but I'm trying to limit my Imitrex consumption to see if I can end this cycle.  I finally aborted the k10 with my nasal spray.  That knocked it down to K3/4.  Then my wife came home.  It's really hard to smile when you've been getting the shit kicked out of you all day.  Finally around 1100 I just collapsed and went to bed.  Oddly enough the beast didn't return after that.  Maybe it was tired from beating the hell out of me all day, I don't know.  I'm completely wasted today.  I'm at work now, but it's like part of me isn't here.  And I'm dreading what the night will bring tonight.  I'm feel like I'm running out of strength.  I can handle a cuple HA's a day, but 7 horrendous ones?  No way.  I'm just..I'm just really starting to get worn down.  I'm not as desperate as I was yesterday, I just don't think that I can handle too many of those kind of days....I'm still trying to get O2,  and will be calling my doc today, but I'm not really confident he will have any answers.  I will probably have to give him the answers and tell him what I need.  I'm just so fucking tired.

Anyway, any vibes and prayers would be greatly appreciated.  Right now I need all the help I can get just to stay strong and deal with this...

PFDAN to All!

John
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
Ronny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Belgium 

Yabba Dabba Doo

maximus_imperius  
Email

Re: Need some rejuvination vibes!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 1:43pm »

Hi,

I know, it sucks!!!  

Sorry you're in such a pain, i will be sending truckloads of vibes.  Smiley

Ronny.
IP Logged

Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.
synergy2120
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

There is a rainbow out there somewhere...... ..

« Reply #2 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 2:08pm »

Sending VIBES your way right now!!!!!!

love sarah xx
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #3 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 3:20pm »

John,

The lost, tired days are the worst.  
I believe you are already stronger than you know.You can do this, actually you already are.
Sending mega energetic vibes your way!!!

-Lionsound
IP Logged
tenacious
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 4:36pm »

Sorry you're in so much pain!  Hope you're feeling much better very soon.  My thoughts are with you and all.
IP Logged

Ang
don

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 5:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Repeat after me:

This fucking sucks but

It will end
It will end
It will end
It will end
IP Logged
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 7:30pm »

Hey John,
You got big vibes coming from the caribbean.
Don't let the m.f. get to you. Your a bigger man than it will ever be.
What works for me is to try and stay calm and control the beast with slow breathing and a sort of meditation that actualy feels like it slows donw my heart rate. Try not to let it overtake you. If you loose it for a second or two no prob. just concentrate on getting it back under control. I also use ice packs on the neck and head.
Hang tough IT WILL END and then life is good again.
Robbie
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2004, 7:31pm by karma » IP Logged
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 8:15pm »

Thanks everyone!  I'm feeling alot better now.  Came home today and got a K6 about an hour ago and shot'em in the ass with my nasal spray.  I kinda fucked that up, If you don't hold the NS quiote right it runs out of your nose, but I got enough in me to smack the beast back down.

I'm back and feeling better thanks to all of you!

PFDAN to All!
IP Logged

IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 8:17pm »

Karma, I think your approach is a very good one.  I try to do the same thing myself.  I've found if I let the beast get the better of me it makes the pain MUCH worse.  It's just after I get multiple HA's that I start to lose the abilty to concentrate and stay focused.

Thanks!

John
IP Logged

Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 9:11pm »

I've never had it as bad as what you went through yesterday. You got my respect for trying to get off the trex. I've never used it infact I didn't know it existed until  I found this site.  
     Keep at it your winning!
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 9:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
try and stay calm and control the beast with slow breathing and a sort of meditation that actualy feels like it slows donw my heart rate. Try not to let it overtake you. If you loose it for a second or two no prob. just concentrate on getting it back under control.

You have just described me in attack mode.
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 9:32pm »

on Aug 9th, 2004, 7:30pm, karma wrote:
try and stay calm and control the beast with slow breathing and a sort of meditation that actualy feels like it slows donw my heart rate. Try not to let it overtake you. If you loose it for a second or two no prob. just concentrate on getting it back under control.

Very good. For those of you who experience Kip 8's and above ... you should already know this and be doing it during attacks.  

I seemed to have learned this a long time ago  Undecided

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 9:34pm »

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn good one!

Hang in there brother.

MAd Vibes comin' your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
ex_pat_asia
New Board Veteran
Malaysia 

"Sometimes the wolves lie down and the Moon howls

Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 9th, 2004, 10:39pm »

on Aug 9th, 2004, 7:30pm, karma wrote:

What works for me is to try and stay calm and control the beast with slow breathing and a sort of meditation that actualy feels like it slows donw my heart rate. Try not to let it overtake you. If you loose it for a second or two no prob. just concentrate on getting it back under control. I also use ice packs on the neck and head.
Robbie

Quote:
You have just described me in attack mode.

Quote:
Very good for those of you who experience Kip 8's and above ... you should already know this and be doing it during attacks.  I seemed to have learned this a long time ago

Double amen to this one...most effective tool I have in the bag. Let's face it...some of the bouts will breach whatever drug you take. When the 8s and above hit, you are going to be left with this one tool. Use it because it is enormously powerful. I also would vouch for the mantra "it will end" that Don keeps reminding us of. It is a very powerful idea to arm yourself with for survival mode.

Topic is worth a thread:
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1092105160;start=0#0
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2004, 10:42pm by ex_pat_asia » IP Logged

ex_pat_asia
"Work like you don't need the money,
dance like no one is watching,
love like you'll never get hurt" - Anon.
kimh
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What don't kill ya makes ya stronger

Email

« Reply #14 on: Aug 10th, 2004, 6:09pm »

Hey John,

Rejuvination vibes headed your way!  Days like that are the worst!!!! But they end, and it gets better Smiley  Thinkin of ya***

Hey, the comments above about remaining calm (deep breathing, lowered heart rate, etc) and not letting it overtake you, man do i RELATE!!!!!  I call it 'flatlining'.  Sounds weird, but ohwellthatscuz iam Grin

KICK BUTT JOHN!!!!!
PFDAN
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss