Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 6:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Re: nauseous clusterheads unite! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Re: nauseous clusterheads unite!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: nauseous clusterheads unite!  (Read 3302 times)
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #50 on: Aug 12th, 2004, 8:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 12th, 2004, 7:50pm, Lizzie2 wrote:
 And I would have to say that I agree with Dan

.... and Don's a poopie head.  

poopie head, poopie head, poopie head...................

......................................................................al ley
 laugh
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
don

Email

« Reply #51 on: Aug 12th, 2004, 9:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Slanderous bastards.
IP Logged
Axel
New Board Newbie
Canada 

after 15 years  finally found a name for the beast

Email

« Reply #52 on: Aug 12th, 2004, 9:58pm »

I've been getting ch attacks for a long time and they have evolved and changed in many ways ... and then 4yrs ago and every cycle since, I've been getting  nausea when the pain escalates, and then while getting wacked by the beast on /in the head , and  the K's  start climbing high, I feel a punch in the stomach ...and start throwing up.....usually many times during an attack....Food is not a factor,whether i ate or not before doesn't influence either way. That will last a while during peak weeks of cycle. So it might sound weird to some people, that other symptoms might also be associated with CH , just because THEY don't have them...personally I've learned to expect anything from the beast!!!>! I also have a few other undesirable side effects such as photofobia ,phonofobia and cannot tolerate slightess outside touch....   I finally  got o2 and imitrex this year, and am finally able to abort before it get to that level....    Axel.
IP Logged

.......ciao... AXEL.......
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #53 on: Aug 12th, 2004, 11:07pm »

GR8FUL,

You sure know how to start an interesting thread.

Welcome !!!! It does sound like you have CH with some form of Migraine symptoms built in. Many CH sufferers have both from what I've read.  

The key here is Cluster Headaches. Sorry you've got the extra symptoms and I'm not downplaying them. It's people posting that anyone can join this canoe club is what's wrong.  

For us who know the difference and have been diagnosed with CH's, it sucks bigtime to hear someone saying "yeah, I get those Migraines too". NO YOU DON'T.  

Anyone who doesn't get Clusters have no idea what we are talking about. With that said, the door is open to CH sufferers ONLY.

PS: I do get nausea during a high KIP 9-10 but only if I have just ate before the Beast arrives.

Please see a Neuro. Not because I don't believe you about CH's, but so you can get the prevent & abortive meds you deserve to fight the Beast.

PFDAN
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #54 on: Aug 13th, 2004, 12:07pm »

on Aug 8th, 2004, 11:08pm, ex_pat_asia wrote:
gr8fulnauseousgrl,

Don't let pubgirl's dismissive remarks put you off. (Reminds me of some of the doctors I have encountered).  
Factually, it almost doesn't matter whether you have migraine or cluster in terms of your participation on this board. You are welcome here in either case. (Tiresome..this "clubby" attitude you will see occasionally reflected in the posts here, as if clusterheads wanted to guard the gate.)   Most of the posters here are people of extremely good will and will welcome your comments and engage you in exchanging info.  

gr8fulnauseousgrl, I am very sorry you are suffering this horrid disease.  Welcome to the website and the family.  Yes some people experience nausea.  I did a couple times when I first got these things and sometimes when changing meds.  I also suffer from photosensitivity.  There IS a thing called Cluster-Migraine Syndrome where the symptoms of both can occur at the same time.  I thought Wendy (Pubgirl) was very clear in what she was saying and she never said you did not have ch.  She also did not say ch'ers do not suffer nausea.

As far as the rest of this crap...

It was made very clear to me when I first arrived at this site and has been occassionally re-inforced since that sufferers of non-ch headaches are not welcome here.  The administrator spent his time, money and effort to create a disease specific site that he does not charge people to use.  Anyone can peruse the information contained here to see if s/he has the symptoms of the malady and if they do or if they support someone who does they are welcomed to post and if not they are welcomed to move on to a site more befitting their personal problem.  

Our benefactor, the creator of this website, DJ (remember him), has spoken out quite clearly (and fairly recently) on the subject of who this website and message board is for.  It is for Cluster Headache sufferers - period.  It is not a social club for every Tom, Dirk and Mary that has a headache.   Yes, we try to help those who are misinformed or mis-diagnosed either by doctor or by themselves find information and treatment, but the site exists for ch alone.

It is not your place ex_pat_asia or anyone elses to redfine the scope and purpose of this website.  

Gator
IP Logged
ex_pat_asia
New Board Veteran
Malaysia 

"Sometimes the wolves lie down and the Moon howls

Email

« Reply #55 on: Aug 13th, 2004, 1:13pm »

on Aug 13th, 2004, 12:07pm, Gator wrote:

It is not your place ex_pat_asia or anyone elses to redfine the scope and purpose of this website.  
Gator

I know you. Your the little runt that waits for the rest of the gang to beat the shit outta whoever they are beating and while the guy is lying on the sidewalk bleeding you run in and hit him with a long stick.  

Hey, don't look now,  but later when no one is watching, when you have the chance, you may wanna read more and, quite possibly, discover that I have made it pretty clear that it is not my intention now or ever to redefine the scope of this thread.  

Geez...you just wake up or something? Be careful and don't fall of that horse there pardner. Its a long way down.

IP Logged

ex_pat_asia
"Work like you don't need the money,
dance like no one is watching,
love like you'll never get hurt" - Anon.
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #56 on: Aug 13th, 2004, 1:30pm »

ex-pat-asia

You certainly know how to make friends and influence people don't you.

I am not on here all day but so far I have seen you:

1. Gave  basic CH advice to Unsolved_Equation practically in your first post. This was nearly funny as as I recall you were advising him on abortives. Unsolved is probably the only person on here who has tried nearly everything and is pretty damn knowledgeable as a result. You were cut some slack then, but your time is for slack is running out.
2. Insulted Ueli. He (when he can be bothered with the total crap) sheds a clear and intelligent light on all bullshit that appears on here.
3. Slated Gator who does all he can to make life better for new people when they arrive and old-timers when they are depressed or having a rough patch.
4. Arbitrarily on the basis of two posts accused me of being dismissive to new sufferers when I do my best with limited time to help anyone new or old and have done for nearly 3 years (less than many here I know Embarassed).

I know you have been a Ch sufferer for many years, but you must remember that others here have too. You do not have a monopoly. You may be a very nice man but you are appearing to be very arrogant.

Wendy
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2004, 1:33pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
ex_pat_asia
New Board Veteran
Malaysia 

Email

« Reply #57 on: Aug 13th, 2004, 2:07pm »

Sorry I offend your sense of heirarchy wendy. Proves what I have been saying all along. I waved the white flag, and said all I need to say. So who else is gonna come out of the woodwork to pile on late?  

gator, I am sure you are a very nice fella filled with a heart of gold and maybe a pocket of cheap shots? Wendy you are a peach - a real Florence Nightengale that cannot possibly have been guilty of being dismissive. And of course,  Don and Thomas are not the sexual innuendo cretins I think they are.  

All you big guns are really wonderful people and I am an idiot to assume that I could possibly be qualified to post some advice. No way compared to you paragons of this BBS.  

How come you guys don't wanna give this a rest?  I have tried. Take it to PM if you aren't through. Or sit here and chortle cause I am not going to respond to you or any of your clique.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2004, 2:09pm by ex_pat_asia » IP Logged

ex_pat_asia
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #58 on: Aug 13th, 2004, 2:46pm »

Hey ex-pat asia!

I like your style Cheesy

Malign Don and Thomas as well. LMAO

Go for Jonny and you may have a Royal Flush! Grin

Wendy

P.S. Chuffed to bits that you are here to give advice, the more the better if people know what they are talking about, but I'm sorry, it's just that telling Unsolved about how to treat clusters WAS funny.

« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2004, 2:53pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #59 on: Aug 13th, 2004, 2:56pm »

on Aug 13th, 2004, 1:13pm, ex_pat_asia wrote:

I know you. Your the little runt that waits for the rest of the gang to beat the shit outta whoever they are beating and while the guy is lying on the sidewalk bleeding you run in and hit him with a long stick.  

Hey, don't look now,  but later when no one is watching, when you have the chance, you may wanna read more and, quite possibly, discover that I have made it pretty clear that it is not my intention now or ever to redefine the scope of this thread.  

Geez...you just wake up or something? Be careful and don't fall of that horse there pardner. Its a long way down.

ROFLMAO!!!  You crack me up.  Little runt, me.  Yeah, that's me - NOT!  

YOU DON'T KNOW ME.  You've been here how long?  How many people have you actually done research for because they didn't understand the nuances of the web?  How many members here have your phone number with instructions to call you anytime night or day?  How many people have you helped while they suffered through a cluster?  How many cards have you sent to sick and dying members of this family?  How many tears have you cried when someone here was hurting?  How many times have you felt genuine relief when someone's problem was resolved?  

Fuck off - you don't know me.

You tried over and over again to ignore the purpose of the site and the title of the specific board to advance your agenda.  

Quote:
Factually, it almost doesn't matter whether you have migraine or cluster in terms of your participation on this board.

Quote:
I still feel that migrainuers may offer us something.

Quote:
My argument would be that posts from a migrainuer could have value for us

Quote:
Look, the simple fact is that Migraineuers will drive the R&D dollars in vascular headache.

You wouldn't listen until you were beat down by sheer numbers and then you threw one last dig as you raised your little white flag.  

Quote:
Written with humility and a sure knowledge that I won't always be able to get a point across.

I am not always on and reading everything that comes accross this message board.  Because of my particular medical conditions, I read what I can when I can and I post when I feel moved to do so.

In this case, my post was to welcome a sufferer, defend a family member and to remind everyone what DJ himself - you know, the man who allows you to be here in the first place? - has stated about the purpose of this website.

If you have a problem with that, tough shit.

Gator
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #60 on: Aug 13th, 2004, 4:28pm »

on Aug 13th, 2004, 2:46pm, pubgirl wrote:
Go for Jonny and you may have a Royal Flush! Grin

I've stayed out of this mess please dont drag my name in to it.

Anything that I would have said has already been said.

I have to get back now....my throne is getting cold Grin

.........................................Da King
IP Logged
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

« Reply #61 on: Aug 13th, 2004, 5:22pm »

Isn't enough fuckin' enough! Here I started a thread for all this smack down bullshit!http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=chspecific;a ction=display;num=1092431656
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #62 on: Aug 13th, 2004, 5:53pm »

on Aug 13th, 2004, 5:22pm, IndianaJohn wrote:
Isn't enough fuckin' enough! Here I started a thread for all this smack down bullshit!http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=chspecific;a ction=display;num=1092431656

[Holding head and pacing back and forth] Oh my gawd! can't we all get along?  

No, not always.  Too many different personalities for that.  I think clusterheads have a higher percentage of Alpha Male/Alpha Female personalities 'cause of all the crap we go through.   Shit's gonna happen, better to let it and move on.

We don't need a flaming thread.  We need people that can actually read the name of this website "ClusterHeadaches".com and the title of this particular message board  "Cluster Headache Specific"  

Gator
In the immortal words of J (Men In Black) "Don't start nothin - won't be nothin"
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #63 on: Aug 13th, 2004, 10:59pm »

Quote:
Isn't enough fuckin' enough! Here I started a thread for all this smack down bullshit!

I'm fine right here in this thread thank you.
IP Logged
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #64 on: Aug 13th, 2004, 11:35pm »

I never get nauseous during a CH but 3 pages of this shit has made me that way.  
I'm thinkin' ex_pat_asia has gotten the point about this being a CH website. Roll Eyes

Jim
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
ex_pat_asia
New Board Veteran
Malaysia 

Email

« Reply #65 on: Aug 13th, 2004, 11:52pm »

on Aug 13th, 2004, 11:35pm, JDH wrote:
I never get nauseous during a CH but 3 pages of this shit has made me that way.  
I'm thinkin' ex_pat_asia has gotten the point about this being a CH website. Roll Eyes

Jim

Yea...I got it. Hey gator, I'd tell you to go fuck yourself but it would be pointless in your case. No overcoming the physics.
IP Logged

ex_pat_asia
Jonny

Email

« Reply #66 on: Aug 14th, 2004, 12:32am »

on Aug 13th, 2004, 11:52pm, ex_pat_asia wrote:
Hey gator, I'd tell you to go fuck yourself but it would be pointless in your case. No overcoming the physics.

Ok ass-hole, heres where I get into it

If you dont like it here go the fuck elsewhere, you take your meegraine sucking ass where people will like you, cause peeps here sure as hell dont like you.

If you want to continue to bust these fine folks balls I'll see that your ISP# is pulled from this site.

Like I said....I tried to stay out of this, but dude your over the line.

..................................jonny
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2004, 12:33am by jonny » IP Logged
ex_pat_asia
New Board Veteran
Malaysia 

Email

« Reply #67 on: Aug 14th, 2004, 1:32am »

on Aug 14th, 2004, 12:32am, Jonny wrote:

Ok ass-hole, heres where I get into it

If you dont like it here go the fuck elsewhere, you take your meegraine sucking ass where people will like you, cause peeps here sure as hell dont like you.

If you want to continue to bust these fine folks balls I'll see that your ISP# is pulled from this site.

Like I said....I tried to stay out of this, but dude your over the line.

..................................jonny

ohhh  ohhh NOW your pissed huh?
Just curious Jonny but what makes my insulting post worse then his? Is it because you have this affinity born of many hours of posting with him and finding common ground. Thats good. That what a thread is for.  

But when it gets to be a clubby deal with exclusionary posts (like innunedo sexual innunedo towards  a new poster on another thread, like insults about intelligence, like dismissiveness because someone MAY be a migraineuer instead a BONA FIDE clusterhead. Too bad you are pissed --hard to think when that happens? I am not pissed as much as I am disgusted with the whole lot of you. You have to be one of the most viscous, self congratulatory, moronic club of BB bullies I have seen. You talk about "suck your dick" on the same threads where 16 year old girls are posting heart rending stories of their headache (and that's your female friend to which all the "boys jump into it). You get all macho and like a wolf pack rise to the flame wars, kicking as the opponent tries to leave the room.  

OK big guy...pull my ISP whatever. I honestly do not care if I post here again. Actually, if my departure would cause your whole gang to chill for a while maybe that would be a good thing. But it ain't gonna happen. While you all keep congratulating yourselves on your so-called benevolence the real truth shows. You are just a bunch of pathetic BB bullies feeling sorry for yourselves.
IP Logged

ex_pat_asia
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #68 on: Aug 14th, 2004, 4:39am »

on Aug 14th, 2004, 1:32am, ex_pat_asia wrote:

on the same threads where 16 year old girls are posting heart rending stories of their headache (and that's your female friend to which all the "boys jump into it). You get all macho and like a wolf pack rise to the flame wars, kicking as the opponent tries to leave the room.  

That is ridiculous and unfair. That comment is actually on a thread posted by a nutter claiming a cure for CH, and every poster on the thread is a mature male, no newbies, no women if you check. I hardly think that what I wrote was particularly bad or harmful in any case, I would delete it immediately if I did.

Also, you are seeing what you want see again. Whatever you may think, no-one posted here to defend me against you because they are my 'friends', never spoken to several of them before in my life, they posted because they didn't agree with you or like the way you post. If you post in an inflammatory way, you get flames back, simple as that. If you don't want to get into arguments, don't post unpleasant comments about other people. I never wanted to argue with you, but you made personal comments about me for whatever your reasons were and have continued to do so.

Wendy

« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2004, 1:43pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #69 on: Aug 14th, 2004, 2:59pm »

on Aug 14th, 2004, 1:32am, ex_pat_asia wrote:

Actually, if my departure would cause your whole gang to chill for a while maybe that would be a good thing.

Your departure will be a fart no one ever heard, jackoff Grin

.............................jonny
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #70 on: Aug 15th, 2004, 1:24am »

Quote:
Posted by: Samantha_Smith Posted on: 08/11/04 at 20:26:14

Holy cow!  Gr8fulnauseousgrl survives all the flamings, miscommunications, misinterpretations, and lives to post again while being a newbie!  All hail Gr8tfulnaesousgrl!  Props!  You go girl!  You have my total respect (whether or not you have clusters) just based upon the fact that you posted again and beat all the odds!  Unbelievable! Wow!  Samantha LOL  

Go back and re-read.  No one who posted to her so much as spoke rudely to her, let alone flamed her.

The flames and attacks initiated from one expatdude, when he refused to listen to long time residents of this community politely try to advise him on the purpose and scope of this website.

In all this person's apologies, he called names,  threw digs and made accusations that rendered them no more than attacks on the people he was supposedly apologizing to.

Even under attack, people refrained from majorly fricaseeing the dude, which he majorly deserved, until the end when he just got so out of hand that it was unavoidable.

In my first post, I didn't call anyone any names and didn't flame anyone.  I welcomed a new person and commented on her post in a nice and supportive manner, defended a long time resident  from unwarranted attack and stated what our founder has publicly stated on more than one occassion.

Someone with an attitude and an agenda attacked me, calling names and talking smack so I defended myself and even in that, the worst I said was, "fuck off, you don't know me."

Now Gr8fulnauseousgrl has found it necessary to remove her original post because one person couldn't just say, "Oops, my bad" and drop it there.

I part with one last comment,  

ex_pat_asia, it is physiology, not physics which keeps me from fucking myself.  You fucking moron.

Gator
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #71 on: Aug 15th, 2004, 8:51am »

Quote:
Don and Thomas are not the sexual innuendo cretins I think they are.  

We are to !
IP Logged
Pegase
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Hit the Road Jack...

« Reply #72 on: Aug 15th, 2004, 8:57am »

Is it finished now... are you all feeling better now.... Weird and sad Sad

Pegase
IP Logged
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #73 on: Aug 15th, 2004, 11:12am »

on Aug 15th, 2004, 8:57am, Pegase wrote:
Is it finished now... are you all feeling better now.... Weird and sad Sad

Pegase

I doubt seriously that anyone feels any better. Sad

.......................................alley
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
don

Email

« Reply #74 on: Aug 15th, 2004, 11:39am »

Quote:
I doubt seriously that anyone feels any better

I do.

I always feel good about defending the only place on earth in 26 (OK, 27 now) years that I have found that understands this hideous malfunction that I have.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss