Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 6:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Re: nauseous clusterheads unite! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Re: nauseous clusterheads unite!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: nauseous clusterheads unite!  (Read 3301 times)
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

« Reply #100 on: Aug 20th, 2004, 10:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just couldn't let it die could ya?  Might as well get the replies into the triple digits.....
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #101 on: Aug 20th, 2004, 10:25am »

5 pages!! holy cow!
IP Logged

Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #102 on: Aug 20th, 2004, 10:31am »

on Aug 20th, 2004, 10:25am, IndianaJohn wrote:
5 pages!! holy cow!

It's all your fault too!   Grin
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #103 on: Aug 20th, 2004, 12:11pm »

laugh
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #104 on: Aug 20th, 2004, 4:14pm »

on Aug 20th, 2004, 12:33am, ExPat_jac wrote:
Fact of the matter is, I have found that persons with limited English usage often take the time to READ the post, and the effort to UNDERSTAND what is being said before going off half cocked...

I thought Gator understood very well the "runt" comment and the slant of the verbiage.  The inference of his limited English usage is unfounded.  His posts are well written and understandable.  Half cocked is an opinion, a not well understood one.

Quote:
but having spent the good part of MY life living in other countries and dealing with other cultures and have learned to be pretty good at spotting those that then to stay close to home...

What is it about those that stay close to home?  They also don't use the library also?  What kind of inference is meant by "those that stay close to home"?  I guess local dialect throughout the U.S. is a sign lack of good English usage?
  I can't help but think that use of the English language should involve having some sense.

Kevin M
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #105 on: Aug 20th, 2004, 4:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Christ......one day of posting to this thread and Id have  reached 10,000 posts a few days ago.....LMAO Grin

............................jonny
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #106 on: Aug 20th, 2004, 4:36pm »

and I don't know what any of these Americans are going on about, NONE of you speak or write or spell English properly Grin

Shields up, phasers to stun!

(Hiding now)
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #107 on: Aug 20th, 2004, 4:38pm »

apart from Ang who started this thread and is a Brit and writes beautifully Grin
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #108 on: Aug 20th, 2004, 5:38pm »

on Aug 20th, 2004, 4:36pm, pubgirl wrote:
and I don't know what any of these Americans are going on about, NONE of you speak or write or spell English properly Grin

Interesting the Oxford English Dictionary was compiled at Oxford.  

The 70 years of compiling for it's release, Wednesday, June 6th, 1928 happened at the 148th Derby Day, at the Derby Ball of the Earl of Derby's great race.  The 40-1 underdog Felstead won over the favorite Fairway.  

The ball was Up in London, it was always Up, except for those who lived in Oxford, who regarded going everywhere else as Going Down.  Residents did not leave town much to forsake the sanctity of their hallowed home turf.

The first two copies were given to King George V and Pres. Calvin Coolidge.  So, I guess from that day on, we should be on par with each other.  But then again, it is called English.  Wink

Compiler James Murray was best man for Alexander Graham Bell's wedding and had been given the telephone number of 1.

Kevin M
IP Logged
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #109 on: Aug 20th, 2004, 8:04pm »

Hey Wendy moonwiggle
IP Logged

Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #110 on: Aug 23rd, 2004, 2:27pm »

You try and you try.  Well, here we go again.  I got into this the first time to reply to a newbie, defend a long time resident and to remind everyone what DJ himself said about the board.  I ended up getting attacked and defending myself.  Now a new comer steps into the ring again to challenge me.  Besides being supportive to him in other threads, I don't remember saying jack squat to or about him and have been oh so vicously wounded I think I might never recover.   NOT!!!

Quote:
Gator...have an idea what an "ex_pat" is?

Duh.  If I use your benign definition, I was one myself.  If I use the extreme definition (I assume someone of your alleged intelligence knows what that one is), I shall never be.  Which are you?

Quote:
What ex_pat_asian writes is both clear, and understandable by many that are not EFL skilled...  

It seems to be only Americans (Americans do seem, for the most part, to be very lazy when it comes to language skills.....and do not try taking that as an insult...I am one also) that may have a problem with what he writes

Tell that to Ueli and Pubgirl and probably several others who just didn't say so either to be polite or to keep from looking stupid.  And you sir are a prime example of what you appear to think of Americans.  So high and mighty you even presume to look down on other Americans.  Well done.

Quote:
Sorry to comment and add fuel to this already hot fire...but it was just such a riot seeing someone that most likely has never stepped foot outside of the state that they were born in attempt to explain non-English speakers to a person who is living in a culture so far removed to anything that they could imagine as to be unreal..

No, I doubt that you were sorry to comment on anything.  You seemed in fact to take great pride in what you consider your intelligence and worldliness.

As far as me never stepping foot out the state I was born in?  Try this on for size:

*March 15, 1963  Born Ft. Riley, Kansas  
*During my childhood lived in Junction City, KS; Decatur, IL; Waco, TX; Irving, TX; Lancaster, TX; Gatesville, TX; Clover Leaf, TX; Beverly Hills, TX; Lecompte, LA
*June 1992 Married and moved to Alexandria, LA
*June 1983 to June 1984  Sondrestrom, Greenland
*July 1984 to September 1987  Tacoma, WA
*June 1985  Re-married to a Korean woman and lived in a predominantly Korean neighborhood  
*July 1984 to September 1987  Numerous excursions into Canada and Mexico
*October 1987 to October 1988  Song Tan Si, Republic of Korea
*November 1988 to November 1991  Misawa, Japan
*June 1989  Crow Valley, Republic of the Philippines
*Currently living in Oklahoma.
*During a 2 year stretch of doing computer consulting, I worked in Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Colorado, Utah, Montana, Washington, New Jersey, Georgia and South Carolina.

Quote:
If I am wrong, and Gator you have indeed spent the good part of your life traveling, accept my apologies...but having spent the good part of MY life living in other countries and dealing with other cultures and have learned to be pretty good at spotting those that then to stay close to home...

I think I know enough about traveling and dealing with people of different cultures and nationalities to say you can take your worthless "just in case" apologies and go piss up a rope.

I do have some advice for you.  All you know about me or anyone else on this board is what we tell you and what you interpret and assume from our writings.  You don't know me.  I'd be a little slower to assume otherwise.

Gator
But hey, I'm just a dumb old country boy, so what do I know.
IP Logged
buckeyescooter
New Board Veteran
USA 

Screw Fear!

« Reply #111 on: Aug 25th, 2004, 2:16am »

Well, there's 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back. When I saw this thread had over 100 replies I thought, "Dear God! Hypnotic Fredo has returned."
IP Logged

Clusterheads are a rare breed.
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #112 on: Aug 25th, 2004, 1:05pm »

How can you be sure that he hasn't?
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #113 on: Aug 25th, 2004, 1:49pm »

This is turning into "THE THREAD THAT WOULDN"T DIE!!!"
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss