Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 6:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « climate »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   climate
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: climate  (Read 352 times)
judo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

climate
« on: Aug 5th, 2004, 6:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i am a new poster/watcher. glad to finally find this site. Undecidedi have been suffering from ch's for 12 years and im having recent sucess with frova but i am playing the pre-authorization/ medically necessary game with the insurance co.  my clusters come in late spring and fall and last 1-2 mnths. Does climate play any part in clusters as in live in the crappy western ny climate and would gladly move to a drier/warmer climate to find relief. any clues?
IP Logged
Robert_C.
New Board Junior
Canada 

Who needs sleep anyway!

Email

Re: climate
« Reply #1 on: Aug 5th, 2004, 7:40am »

Welcome Juno, Smiley

I moved from Canada to California 6 years ago.  I never saw any differences between extreme cold (en believe me, IT IS cold) and warm weather with my headaches.  

The only thing I noticed is that a sudden change from hot to cold or cold to hot, doesn't help. Angry

Sorry, you'll have to find another reason to move out of your
Quote:
crappy western ny climate
Wink.  

But you're welcome to visit just to make sure. Grin

Robert
IP Logged

Silent gratitude isn't very much use to anyone.

Gertrude Stein
Diane_W.
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Aug 5th, 2004, 12:42pm »

Hi
I live in Arizona and have CH. I also lived in Calif. until the age of 22, half of those yrs with CH. I really don't think climate has much to do with it. Mine come around the same time as yours, I had a Dr once that told me spring & fall were allergy seasons and the pollins (sp?) in the air colud be triggers
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 5th, 2004, 1:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Daylength changes are probably more of a factor.  For me, the summer heat also makes things worse.  

I'm thinking about building a second home in Ecuador - it is on the equator, so daylength does not change much throughout the year.  There are also glaciers in Ecuador at high elevations; if I build at a middle elevation, the temperature will be mild year round.  Just need to win the lottery and learn a little Spanish.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2004, 1:39pm by floridian » IP Logged
judo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Aug 5th, 2004, 4:01pm »

thanks for the info, i figured it couldnt be that easy. i did have hopes about arizona though (dry air), oh well. I finally got approved for my frova script- a whopping 6 per month.  i seem to be able to get by on 2-3 per day though as compared to 7-8 immitrex-100 mg during peak. definately lasts longer and helps the dreaded alarm clockers. i also take verapamil and depakote to prevent which i am still up in the air on. o2 is a must. helps get ya through the crushing period till the meds start to kick in.
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #5 on: Aug 5th, 2004, 7:44pm »

I've lived in Colorado, Missouri, Florida and Arizona with Ch, in every season. Hot, cold, humid, dry... Doesn't matter.

Although I'd prefer being cold and dry when getting hit.
IP Logged

Chris
Jonny

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 5th, 2004, 8:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I tend to get hit when theres a lot of hot air ......LOL

70 degrees in Boston today.....Ahhhhhh Grin

................................jonny
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 5th, 2004, 10:32pm »

The warmer and hotter the temperature is the worse off I feel.  I get slammed pretty hard in the summer months.  They are alot more intense.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 5:42am »

I live in the desert where the summers are hot and dry and the winters are, for the most part, mild with some days down in the 40’s. If I’m outside too long on the 40’s days it can bring on the shadows and I know to go inside and warm up. The hot weather of summer has no affect on my clusters.
Funny thing is cold can bring on the shadows but when I have an attack I use ice packs and look for the coolest place to go to get relief.

I don't understand it either  Huh
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
mellie
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 12:42pm »

I've had CH for 10 years and this is my first summer episode.  I live in Charleston, SC  where it is warm/hot from early March until late October.  CH usually hits me late December/early Jan.  I just think it comes whenever the hell it wants to!!!!!!
IP Logged
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 2:33pm »

I find no rhyme or reason to these dayumm things.  I got them earlier this week when it was near 90.  Today is is only in the low 70's.  It was in the high 50's last night with the AC keeping the house pretty cold.  I had a couple of baddies during the night, and a pretty intense one this morning.  Missed another day of work.  Just waiting for the next visit.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
sturgida
New Board Newbie
USA 

Hey Ya'll

« Reply #11 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 4:58pm »

Like mellie I grew up in the south (north cackalacka) and always got my CHs in the coldest months. But for the last 12 years I have lived in NYC and the mf's come whenever they feel like it.

And like Diane_W I had a doctor tell me I was having an allergic reaction to temp/humidity changes.

The good news is today I only had shadows and no CH for the first time in a month laugh

The bad news I was too hangover to enjoy it Lips Sealed
IP Logged
Robert_C.
New Board Junior
Canada 

Who needs sleep anyway!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 7:56pm »

...and tomorrow, at 4am, it will be dark and there will be a thunderstorm in my bedroom.  Min 6 and max 10.  If you have to go out bring an......
IP Logged

Silent gratitude isn't very much use to anyone.

Gertrude Stein
BrotherInPain
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #13 on: Aug 14th, 2004, 1:42am »

Mine usually come in the summer and I think heat is a factor for me, but only if I am in a cycle. I've fought wildfire in the west, working very hard in very hot weather and been fine, but I just wasn't in a cycle. Last weekend I was driving in the heat, without the AC and I started to feel the pain. I got up to K4 and turned on the AC. Poof, it went away. That was a first for me.
IP Logged
crazy_mj
New Board Junior
USA 

SSDD

« Reply #14 on: Aug 18th, 2004, 11:06am »

I found that humidity definetly plays a role with me.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss