Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 28th, 2024, 9:37pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Start of cycles in May »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Start of cycles in May
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Start of cycles in May  (Read 278 times)
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

Start of cycles in May
« on: Aug 4th, 2004, 11:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was just wondering...It seems that many of us episodics had their cycles start in May.  Mine did, and I have read in other threads that other clusterbuds have had their cycles start in May as well.  WTF?  

How many of us have started in May?  

And more importantly, could there possibly be a connection?

My cycles are usually the March/September kind.  I had one last September but didn't get the March one.  Then mdi May came and wham!  I have read that some started in early May and some in late May.  Just wondering what the hell is going on??...

John
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
floridian

Email

Re: Start of cycles in May
« Reply #1 on: Aug 4th, 2004, 1:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Wish I knew.  My cycles are pretty reliably in July and August.  But some years are much better, and some are much worse.
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 4th, 2004, 2:06pm »

on Aug 4th, 2004, 11:58am, IndianaJohn wrote:
I was just wondering...It seems that many of us episodics had their cycles start in May.  Mine did, and I have read in other threads that other clusterbuds have had their cycles start in May as well.  WTF?  

How many of us have started in May?  

And more importantly, could there possibly be a connection?

My cycles are usually the March/September kind.  I had one last September but didn't get the March one.  Then mdi May came and wham!  I have read that some started in early May and some in late May.  Just wondering what the hell is going on??...

John

Wish I knew John.
I've always been March into april then sept/october not this year waited until end of may. What a damn tease and been going all summer. This sucks b/c summer was always something I looked forward to regarding the headaches.

Best,
 Eric
Oh yeah and thanks for the reply on other thread ("out of nowhere"
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Joshman420
New Board Newbie
USA 

Clusters Headaches?   Well, they suck

joshman420   joshprinceton
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 4th, 2004, 2:07pm »

Last 4 years, I my typical 6week cycle started in August and ended in December...

However,  this year ... my cycle started in Late-May ...  I am still in cycle and its close to 10weeks.  (and I dont see the end in sight)

JOSHMAN

IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 4th, 2004, 4:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yep John, that's pretty typical of an episodic. Mine are March/May & Sept/Jan. Luckily I skip the March/May cycles alot. Never skip the Sept/Jan. though.

Keeping fingers crossed. Sept. is comming.

PFDAN
IP Logged
dave_in_nj
New Board Newbie
USA 

saintinthecity  

« Reply #5 on: Aug 4th, 2004, 9:30pm »

John - My last 4 years which I have finally started keeping records I have had April/May and Sept/Oct cycles  

I had my April/May this year, went about a month and then wham I started another cycle in early July. This has me very discouraged.

I always thought my cycles had to do with change of season and daylight patterns.....Now that I'm sitting here in the dead of Summer suffering though, I have given up on theories...It all just sucks...
IP Logged

Anybody got a spare hypothalamus?
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

« Reply #6 on: Aug 4th, 2004, 10:13pm »

I stated out in jan about the second week.  lasted about 6 weeks. then i would get another cycle in may about 6 weeks in lenth .  3 cycle of the year was in oct waas like that for 3 years like clock work. then last year i started a last week of june first week of july.  no other cycles till this year started last week of june and am just going out og cycle now. My cycles last year and this year started within a few days of the same date  the last week of june.
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #7 on: Aug 5th, 2004, 8:19am »

I did very well in Apirl and then in May....KABLAM!
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #8 on: Aug 5th, 2004, 8:21am »

and in August I'm having trouble too. Can't type for beans.
(read this one twice)
IP Logged
saintslair
New Board Junior
USA 

TAME THAT BEAST!!!

766998 766998     saintslair7
Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 9:38am »

on Aug 4th, 2004, 2:06pm, E-Double wrote:

Wish I knew John.
I've always been March into april then sept/october not this year waited until end of may. What a damn tease and been going all summer. This sucks b/c summer was always something I looked forward to regarding the headaches.

Best,
 Eric

Same here Eric, March into April and Sept into October were my beastly months, Figured I had it beat for this season then end of May got hit hard and I'm now in my tenth week.  I thinks its because we had such a late season change here in the Northeast.  

PFNAD to all,
Andy
IP Logged

They say what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, well then some of the strongest are right here. PFNAD TO ALL!!!

AnthonyT
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 11th, 2004, 2:08am »

IndianaJohn, mine started in May and would last about a month. Until I moved (from Calgary, Canada, to Santa Monica, and now West L.A.)... I was worried the first year down here as May approached... but nothing happened. And then another May passed, and I thought I was free... until now.

As many keep echoing and tend to agree: the beast does as it pleases. It's steeped in patterns, but likes to mix things up once in a while. Undecided
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss